Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1600402 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2970 on: November 28, 2011, 09:31:08 pm »

(Although I was under the impression Bay12 was all about the flavor and not the hard rules, but I've also noticed people can be loose with their tastes if it means getting another way to have a problem with something they don't like)
I'm quite sure that most people have said being a werewolf is pretty cool and has no or minimal disadvantages. I'm not sure why you think the prevailing attitude is anti-wolf.

They do have one disadvantage: No sleeping bonuses. Sleeping can give you a 10% bonus to learning all skills, which with the lover stone makes for 25%, or a 30% bonus for one skill with a guardian stone. Or if you're married, 15%, but no lover's stone stack. Note: this conclusively proves that if you have the lover stone activated, you are a pimp and are sleeping with some chick (or dude, I guess) whose name you don't even remember, every night.

Let's not even go into what your character must be doing while waiting...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: November 28, 2011, 09:32:58 pm »

There's apparently a dragon population problem in Skyrim, right? I think you've found the source.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: November 28, 2011, 09:48:59 pm »

when I came back, my character would be shirtless. I just could NOT get my character to keep his shirt on.

The sparkling vampire hypothesis grows stronger....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: November 28, 2011, 10:25:17 pm »

when I came back, my character would be shirtless. I just could NOT get my character to keep his shirt on.

The sparkling vampire hypothesis grows stronger....
One other con to being a werewolf

Anyway...

I don't mind werewolf. At least it has some uses. Vampire seems extremely useless, considering you get the debuff half the time when inside a freaking dungeon.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: November 28, 2011, 10:28:24 pm »

It is conceivable to make the vampire useful IF your a great illusionist as well.

I can't think of many other ways.

Plus you would also need to hug fire resistance like it was the air itself.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: November 28, 2011, 11:19:25 pm »

I just don't like the werewolf form because I can do everything it does better as a melee focus warrior.  Every time I tried using werewolf form it just ended up killing me because the trasformation takes too long to be a viable "oh shit" button.  Whole time your transforming they are still beating on you.  Except you aren't blocking or evading.

Only thing I can't beat with other methods is the travel speed.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2976 on: November 28, 2011, 11:24:09 pm »

There's apparently a dragon population problem in Skyrim, right? I think you've found the source.
I know rite?

(yes I know it was posted before but funny)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: November 28, 2011, 11:40:10 pm »

Going to be starting again, thought I would write a story to it. If enough interest for it, I will do screenshots and an LP tale if it would be better suited then an occasional Excerpt of the tale...

Goal :: Redguard Brawler. Loner. No Weapons or Damage Spells. All Combat Damage must be from Fists. Bow and Arrows can be used as Distraction Tools only. Release the Beast. No Breath Shouts. Other suggestions welcome...
Yeah this doesn't work on Master difficulty...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: November 28, 2011, 11:55:30 pm »

Hand to hand is completely gimped. It was useless in Oblivion and solely the providence of master players in Morrowind, but seriously, there's not even a skill for it now.

However, if you get the heavy armor feat that lets gauntlet AC affect damage...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: November 28, 2011, 11:59:09 pm »

I found some Dwarven Gauntlets with 24ac, and still was doing less damage then a Dwarven Sword...
What it is, is the lack of Stagger attacks, the power strikes with your fists don't stagger the target like a weapon does....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: November 29, 2011, 12:02:51 am »

Horses.

Horses feel like their about a third of the way done.

Majority of the things, that should be allowable with horses, aren't.

Dont get me wrong, I love the ability to fast travel when I'm over burden.

But...

I cant attack while horseback. I cant cast spells while horse back. I at least, want to cast the GPS spell.

And even if you buy a second horse, your allie cant ride it with you. That, there is fucking annoying, as you can't make your horse go at the speed of normal walking.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: November 29, 2011, 12:10:45 am »

Indeed. And the horses have abysmal speed at normal speed, and low stamina for sprinting. Seriously, who tacked that feature on without iron the kinks?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: November 29, 2011, 01:47:14 am »

I vaguely remember someone rationalizing that the horses in Skyrim were draft horses--stockier build, not as fast, but were able to weather harsh conditions and uneven land better.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: November 29, 2011, 02:02:23 am »

It's in one of the books about Skyrim horses.

They're basically just one of those features, like sync kill animations. Serves no practical purpose, is there because it's expected. At least the modders don't have to port old mount animations and code, they have a working template.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: November 29, 2011, 02:06:59 am »

I vaguely remember someone rationalizing that the horses in Skyrim were draft horses--stockier build, not as fast, but were able to weather harsh conditions and uneven land better.

I'm fine with physical capability of the horse. They feel like the horse, that would be in the region.

But that doesnt excuse the other incapabilities of them.

I'd probably be less annoyed with the short coming, if they have an explanation. Like, a housescarl, cant ride a horse with their Thane, for fear of them being confused as equals.

And these arent war horses, so they'll freak out if you draw blade or cast spells on their back.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 896