Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1600751 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2160 on: November 21, 2011, 07:38:05 pm »

Exactly. I did it with Morrowind and Oblivion. I'm doing it again with Morrowind using more than 20 mods.

Some OT, but..
Morrowind was fine even without any mods. Naturally with 251,2 mods it's that much better..
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 21, 2011, 07:48:21 pm »

The wow factor is wearing off and shortcomings are becoming more pronounced.

The love affair can only last so long. Been true of every Beth game since I started playing them. And not in the natural way either, where you simply lose the desire to keep up with what the game offers you, like DF. No, every Beth game comes to the point where the illusion is broken, you've mind all the mystery out of it, and it's time to put it down for a while.

Then pick up a mod pack and play it again like your first time.

Yeah, I'm more discerning than I was when I played Morrowind and Oblivion, and Skyrim isn't the only game I have available unlike they were.  60 hours in I'm starting to get that "Well, what now?" feeling.  Can't wait for the construction set, although I'm worried the disabling of LAA will cause problems.

I probably put hundreds of hours into Morrowind and Oblivion with no mods, but I was younger and didn't care that I was doing the same stuff over and over, and they were the only real games I had at the times I played them.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:51:31 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2162 on: November 21, 2011, 07:57:56 pm »

Waiting for someone to recreate morrowind in oblivion skyrim tbh.  :o

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: November 21, 2011, 08:06:27 pm »

About the 0 mana destruction spells: you don't even need to touch potions or anything like that to get over the 100% necessary. You just need level 100 enchanting with the dual enchant perk. 22% destruction enchant on the 4 items it can be placed on paired with the 14% destruction/magicka regen on the chest*, giving a total of 102%.

*thus your chest requires the dual enchanting, as it will be +22%, +14% (and some magicka regen, but who cares at this point).

Though if you do use multiple magic trees, it may cause problems, since it most likely will have a negative effect on your mana/mana regen overall compared to items from the mage college quests. But hey, infinite lighting storm laser!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:13:16 pm by alway »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2164 on: November 21, 2011, 08:14:12 pm »

About the 0 mana destruction spells: you don't even need to touch potions or anything like that to get over the 100% necessary. You just need level 100 enchanting with the dual enchant perk. 22% destruction enchant on the 4 items it can be placed on paired with the 14% destruction/magicka regen on the chest*, giving a total of 102%.

*thus your chest requires the dual enchanting, as it will be +22%, +14% (and some magicka regen, but who cares at this point).

Though if you do use multiple magic trees, it may cause problems, since it most likely will have a negative effect on your mana/mana regen overall compared to items from the mage college quests. But hey, infinite lighting storm laser!
Or...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 21, 2011, 08:19:37 pm »

Exactly. I did it with Morrowind and Oblivion. I'm doing it again with Morrowind using more than 20 mods.

Some OT, but..
Morrowind was fine even without any mods. Naturally with 251,2 mods it's that much better..

Compared to Oblivion, true but I played it for really a long time. I can travel from Seyda Neen to Caldera and to Balmora from there without looking at the roadsigns or using the map. So I said "why not?" and checked the top mods list. Morrowind is an old game and there are some mods which have developed enough to count as an expansion pack :P

I checked the mods right away when I first tried Oblivion. I guess Morrowind had much more stuff to explore and experience than Oblivion. You didn't even have to install mods to have fun and doing all the quests was difficult. In Oblivion, I rembember myself becoming a vampire and then doing the cure for vampire quest just for the sake of doing a quest. I played Morrowind more than Oblivion but I still didn't reach %100 in quest completion and there are still many things I don't know about Morrowind.

Oh and, if you are playing Morrowind check out the Neccesities of Morrowind. Best RP mod for Morrowind ever!

Waiting for someone to recreate morrowind in oblivion skyrim tbh.  :o

I'm waiting for someone to recreate Daggerfall in Morrowind Oblivion. Yeah I still didn't play Skyrim.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 21, 2011, 08:20:03 pm »

It certainly takes a while for Enchanting to REALLY pay off it seems.

Does skill matter outside of spells? I am getting the impression that skill level doesn't do anything except give access to perks.

Frankly I miss the perks you got from leveling. I would have liked it if they employed both.

Also that doesn't work Forsaken1111... Not all items can be disenchanted (at least as far as I am aware). Or else yeah... make ALL your items a copy of that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2167 on: November 21, 2011, 08:21:07 pm »

Also that doesn't work Forsaken1111... Not all items can be disenchanted (at least as far as I am aware). Or else yeah... make ALL your items a copy of that.
Testing it right now.

Confirmed, cannot disenchant. Sad panda.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:24:04 pm by forsaken1111 »

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 21, 2011, 08:23:43 pm »

Quicknote:
 Y U NO 1600x900 WINDOWED MODE?!?!?!?!

I like that resolution.
I like windowed.
ANGER!
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #2169 on: November 21, 2011, 08:23:52 pm »

There are some quests in Morrowind I *still* haven't done. Like the Vampire cure quest. Never became a vampire when I had it on Xbox, and when I finally got my own PC and got Morrowind for it (which was like one of the first games I bought for that PC) I installed Vampire Embrace and Vampire Realism, and never had a reason not to be stay a vampire xD

Or the entirety of House Redoran. Always went Telvanni or Hlaalu xD Especially aftr mods because some of the Telvanni mods are epic, like Building Up Uvirith's Grave and Rise of House Telvanni.

Still, I think my favourite Morrowind mod is hands-down "Great House Dagoth". It let's you join Dagoth Ur and shows the brilliance of Morrowind's writing by still having you follow the prophecy to completion :D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:29:26 pm by MorleyDev »

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 21, 2011, 08:31:02 pm »

Just asking, cause I'm not too sure if its just me or not, but does anybody with the PS3 version notice any model bugs that freeze the game?
They started to collide~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 21, 2011, 08:31:28 pm »

There are some quests in Morrowind I *still* haven't done. Like the Vampire cure quest. Never became a vampire when I had it on Xbox, and when I finally got my own PC and got Morrowind for it (which was like one of the first games I bought for that PC) I installed Vampire Embrace and Vampire Realism, and never had a reason not to be stay a vampire xD

It is really bad in Skyrim...

Honestly the perks are never really worth it. I think they should rethink how vampires work (it would have been better IMO if they had a incognito spell or something...)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 21, 2011, 08:39:33 pm »

Or the entirety of House Redoran. Always went Telvanni or Hlaalu xD Especially aftr mods because some of the Telvanni mods are epic, like "Building Up Uvirith's Grave" and Rise of House Telvanni.

Still, I think my favourite Morrowind mod is hands-down "Great House Dagoth". It let's you join Dagoth Ur and shows the brilliance of Morrowind's writing by still having you follow the prophecy to completion :D
Vampire Embrace and Vampire Realism, I have those mods too. Becoming a vampire really means something now. I'll try that House Dagoth Ur mod you mentioned. There is a lack of evil quests in TES series but that mod sounds awesome.

I always go for House Hlaalu and Thieves Guild first. I usually do non-combat quests and quests which you have to steal, solve a puzzle or persuade people. Sometimes I don't even do combat for hours. I suck at combat though. In Oblivion, even if you were a thief you could do spellcasting or combat without much difficulty. That made completing every quest a lot easier. I played Morrowind a lot more than Oblivion but there are still quests that surprise me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 21, 2011, 08:40:45 pm »

Meh. Over three games now Bethesda's implementation of WW and Vampires has been lacking, even with multiple sets of high-quality mods to guide them. I don't count on Bethesda for a lot of stock content, and WW and Vampires have never failed to be underwhelming. (Or gel badly with how the game is set up.)

Also, completely unrelated....I hate the enchanting limitations by slot. Ok, so it makes sense that maybe sneak should only go on your boots, or whatever.....but it comes across as an arbitrary limitation, compared to the other games. And it results in you having, let's say, Ebony boots, and even with a great stock of enchantments there's maybe ONE you can actually put on it that you'd want. Want +smithing on your shield? TOO BAD! Dragon Shout Cooldown reduction? Sorry, that's a coveted "hard-coded" effect.

Even as I look at how cool some of the shout effects are, I start getting angry because they've been split off from the things players can actual work with. It's like Bethesda reserved all the critical brain power and creativity for shit you see in every other console RPG.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 21, 2011, 08:58:21 pm »

Hey, whoever was wondering what those marks you see on buildings are...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 896