Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599628 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3150 on: December 02, 2011, 02:14:07 pm »

It just occurred to me, they probably also have to translate it into languages other than English.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: December 02, 2011, 02:51:39 pm »

It just occurred to me, they probably also have to translate it into languages other than English.

That... your avatar. That's from an old card game, isn't it? Pray tell the card game! Monsters-something? Oh please tell!
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: December 02, 2011, 02:54:47 pm »

I suspect it will be released shortly after the first group of official DLCs (or the first large one) so that the free mods don't eat into their profits.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: December 02, 2011, 03:34:54 pm »

That... your avatar. That's from an old card game, isn't it? Pray tell the card game! Monsters-something? Oh please tell!

Nope. Old comic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You can read the whole thing if you want.

How is this pertinent to Skyrim? Well, of course, that's what unarmed block should be like.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: December 02, 2011, 03:47:45 pm »

I like how people are so jaded around here the idea that there might be legitimate reasons for delaying the construction kit's release barely cross the minds of half the people around here.  A few people think they're actually cleaning it up and making it usable by the public, then everybody else is all "They're holding it back so free mods don't compete with DLC" and "They're making it look like it's a new engine when it's actually not"

Anyway, I've pretty much stopped playing Skyrim until the construction kit comes out.  Nenjin's "This will be the third time we've made this game and we've become exceedingly efficient at it" is spot on.  If Morrowind is a classic Camaro then Oblivion is a Honda Civic and Skyrim is a hoverboard.  Sure it's cool but when you get down to it it's just a plank and a superconductor.  Everything extraneous has been cut away from Skyrim, and while it's still a great game it feels hollow.
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: December 02, 2011, 03:49:21 pm »

I was joking above, but I really don't think they care about translating. They haven't done it for any previous programme, so I doubt they'll do it for this one.
Love, scriver~

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: December 02, 2011, 05:49:11 pm »

Nope. Old comic.

Yeah, just realised that it isn't... It looks like one I know, though. Old monster/fighting TCG. I remember some dark-skinned fellow with claws, with a description about him being a barber...
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: December 02, 2011, 11:32:06 pm »

I really really wish this was a real series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVQmYF35w74
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: December 03, 2011, 12:49:38 am »

For some reason when I boot up Skyrim it doesn't display the menu options, making it impossible to play. I have some performance improvers and a smithing mod, along with Realistic Water and Realistic Fire. What's goin' on?!

?!?!?!

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: December 03, 2011, 02:26:13 am »

For some reason when I boot up Skyrim it doesn't display the menu options, making it impossible to play. I have some performance improvers and a smithing mod, along with Realistic Water and Realistic Fire. What's goin' on?!

?!?!?!
look like the effect of recent patch. try to downgrade somehow.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: December 03, 2011, 04:50:56 am »

I really really wish this was a real series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVQmYF35w74

I'd watch it... if I were 8.

I used to be 8, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: December 03, 2011, 09:22:43 am »

but then I took an arrow to the knee.
I missed the start of this joke. Please explain please...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kenpoaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: December 03, 2011, 09:24:24 am »

?!?!?!

It's your mod that lets you make arrows. I tried running it and got the same problem. there are other smithing mods that work now, including one that lets you make dragonbone arrows.
This forum is a bunch of nutters, and you couldn't point to anything to contradict it.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: December 03, 2011, 09:32:12 am »

but then I took an arrow to the knee.
I missed the start of this joke. Please explain please...
Random guard banter in Skyrim.
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee."
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 896