Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1442052 times)

munki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3315 on: March 18, 2013, 07:33:50 pm »

Huh. Not sure what's going on there; I'll bug peterix about it.

In the meantime, you're welcome to download the OS X version from http://topazgryphon.org/df/df_osx_hack.zip.

Looks like it's just a typo: the file linked in the OP is .tar.gz, but it should just be .zip, which worked.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: March 19, 2013, 05:12:03 am »

I'm trying to solve the bug where cave creatures vanish after a while of playing adventure mode, because I want to encounter them in adventure mode. I just used Dingoes as an example because I had seen them. "region pops-list" in adventure mode returns nothing.

Well that could explain it. The script was really intended for fort mode, more specifically for fixing forts plagued by hordes of silly animal men and not enough normal animals. For instance, the "-all" options are so that you can decimate anything with "MAN" or "GIANT" in it ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:18:40 am by ag »

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: March 19, 2013, 05:48:59 am »

Hi there, a request for help please!

My civ has a goblin queen and she just immigrated. She's treated like a noble in the noble interface, but I can not assign her rooms. I found a previous thread talking about it, suggesting that the engine treats her like a pet, and I can assign her to chains and such. Is there a way to use DFHack to assign rooms to her? I looked in the readme, but I couldn't find anything specific or it went over my head.

I would love to give her a bedroom and then tie her goblin consort up in a chain with spikes and stuff around. A femdom torture chamber as a married noble bedroom seems very appropriate for a goblin dwarf queen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3319 on: March 19, 2013, 06:16:07 am »

trueTransformation:

It works like this: you transform temporarily into some creature. Just after that takes effect, the plugin changes your "base" unit type to be something else. When the transformation wears off, you turn into the other thing.

Example usage:

[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:5]
[CE:CREATURE:BIRD_DUCK:MALE]
[SYN_CLASS:\PERMANENT]
[SYN_CLASS:HUMAN]
[SYN_CLASS:MALE]

Permanently transforms the target into a human male after 5 ticks (or 6, ask a better raw modder). Do NOT apply it to male ducks or it will crash the game.

edit: Will probably also crash the game without START:0. I could fix that if people want it, otherwise I won't bother.

edit2: This is useful because it allows you to transform again from the next form, either with a trueTransformation or a conventional one. Also, it might work better with special abilities. I've gotten weird things before with overlapped transformations and abilities. This should work better, unless the other way also works fine and I just messed it up or misremembered, in which case it'll work equally well.

So... what you are saying... is... that I could transform my dwarf into a "Magmamancer lvl1", and him again into a "Magmamancer lvl2", and him then into a "Magmamancer lvl3", because essentially this allows multiple transformations?

Because I can do three things with this.
  • Completely ridiculous megabeasts and invader races.
  • A Guildhall building and Guild Systems.
  • Gradual upgrade systems for Tech, Religion and Magic.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: March 19, 2013, 06:25:54 am »

Yup!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: March 19, 2013, 06:27:16 am »

Yep, that's amazing. I will definitely remake demon summoning using this plugin for my Summoning Circle.

By the way, is it possible to use "rename" plugin with autoSyndrome? It originally requires that you put a cursor over something, but is it possible to do it with \WORKER_ONLY?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3322 on: March 19, 2013, 06:44:06 am »

No. All the scripts/plugins that use location require the cursor to be set. You would have to rewrite the code and compile it again, make a custom version that accepts the location from autosyndrome. And I dont know how to do that. ;)

Otherwise I would have a few ideas of my own.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: March 19, 2013, 02:31:01 pm »

Alright, I can confirm that region-pops incr-all SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT 3000 and whatever other cave creature id's will restore cave creatures in adventure mode, temporarily at least.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3324 on: March 19, 2013, 02:50:02 pm »

Your ratkin have no sprites...  and the alarm siren is not mentioned in the manual. Thats about it. :)

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: March 19, 2013, 04:57:11 pm »

Any chance to run the tweaks patrol-duty, military-color-assigned and military-training on DF startup without calling the commands?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3326 on: March 19, 2013, 04:58:40 pm »

Yes, that should be possible by adding the scripts to the dfhack init. Just write whatever you would type into the dfhack command box into the dfhack init. Thats it.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: March 19, 2013, 05:03:29 pm »

Yes, that should be possible by adding the scripts to the dfhack init. Just write whatever you would type into the dfhack command box into the dfhack init. Thats it.

worked like a charm. Thanks!

RockBiterSon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: March 20, 2013, 04:28:37 am »

Something interesting happened to me. Thought I should let you guys know so that you can debug.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I applied the solution suggested by a forum-goer in that thread and modified the raws to be able to fly my companions down. That shouldn't have any effect as far as I can tell. I also fiddled with the paint tiletypes tool but couldn't do anything other than turn a few tiles into ramps (not useable ramps) That might have had an effect.
I used the adv-bodyswap extensively, both to fly them down and then much more later in the catacombs to dress my companions up in armour.

This is where it gets interesting.

It's too bad that I didn't get a screenshot before, but while bodyswapped, I looked at another companion and saw two units on that square.

Human Swordsman
Len the Meteor of Matches, Deity

So of course I tried to talk to God.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

didn't work out.

RockBiterSon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: March 20, 2013, 05:22:11 am »

I managed to replicate it:

This is erie. It's as if the Gods are hunting me down to punish me for breaking the physical laws of the universe. The deity that happens to appear exists on every tile by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 373