Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1442130 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3435 on: March 26, 2013, 08:40:50 pm »

If you don't use PRESERVE_ROCK that won't be a problem. It deletes the rock by default to prevent that.

I'll play around with it when I get a chance and see what's happening.

In the mean time, you can get rid of all the SYN_INJECTED, SYN_INHALED, SYN_CONTACT stuff. You don't need it. The plugin doesn't even check for it.

Gahagan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: March 26, 2013, 10:22:15 pm »

I'm having trouble getting the tweak subcommands to work, things like military-training and stable-temp. I'm entering "tweak stable-temp" for example, and it's just telling me how I'm supposed to use the tweak command. What am I doing wrong?

I'm running dfhack 0.34.11 r3 and df 34.11.

EDIT: Fixed this. Turns out that I had installed r3 incorrectly. Reinstalled and it works now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:32:15 pm by Gahagan »

Heimdall86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: March 26, 2013, 10:50:58 pm »

So, I've got an interesting problem that I'm hoping DFHack can fix.  During a swarm of mod critters attacking my fort, I ended up with the last one stuck in a projectile state in the air above my fort, but was motionless.  Absolutely no idea how that happened, but I couldn't get my military to kill it in that state.  So, I did something that was probably a terrible idea and removed the projectile flag from the creature.  That let it fall to the ground where the military could kill it.

Trouble is, I'm getting massive spam in the combat logs about it slamming into an obstacle at the spot where it was originally stuck, even though it is long dead (I don't recall if it was doing that before I removed the projectile flag, but it was stuck there).  Any ideas on how to fix that?  Is there a feature of the map tile I need to configure?   Will setting a flag on the unit help?  Will just atomsmashing its body fix the problem?

Easy fix just type slayrace into the dfhack console and see the list of all the creatures in the area, when you figured out what the modded creature is called just type slayrace creaturename

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: March 26, 2013, 10:57:04 pm »

Does slayrace kill everything (of that creature type) on the map, or in the entire world?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: March 26, 2013, 11:02:06 pm »

Just in the fort

However, you can also type "slayrace him" to just kill a single unit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3440 on: March 27, 2013, 05:19:50 am »

I do have s suggestions to make, which probably helps people unfamiliar with dfhack quite a lot. With all the new plugins, scripts, and endless possibilites in the dfhack init, if would be very nice if people could read the hotkeys ingame. I would suggest an addition to the ingame menu that says: Press "whatever button here" to show dfhack hotkeys.

Like this:

I just think that many people dont use dfhack to the extent they could, simply because its inaccessable and requires reading the readme, memorizing hotkeys or altering the dfhack init themselves, and no ingame help. Thats why falconnes plugins get such great feedback, he puts attention to the user interface and accessability.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: March 27, 2013, 05:29:24 am »

i support that, but shift - D is already depot access. i'd suggest crtl - shift - H

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: March 27, 2013, 05:42:26 am »

I just think that many people dont use dfhack to the extent they could, simply because its inaccessable and requires reading the readme, memorizing hotkeys or altering the dfhack init themselves, and no ingame help.
Seriously? That's exactly what DF itself is about ;D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3443 on: March 27, 2013, 06:05:20 am »

Its an example ^^ I still stay with the principle though. ;)

I have 21 hotkeys in my init atm, and without a visual reminder now and then even I have to look them up, and I am the one who wrote them in the init. I cant expect players of the mod to simply remember them from reading them once on the release post.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: March 27, 2013, 07:38:09 am »

Easy fix just type slayrace into the dfhack console and see the list of all the creatures in the area, when you figured out what the modded creature is called just type slayrace creaturename

Thanks, I'll try that.  It's already dead though, will this help in ways that just killing it didn't?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: March 27, 2013, 07:44:46 am »

I have 21 hotkeys in my init atm, and without a visual reminder now and then even I have to look them up, and I am the one who wrote them in the init. I cant expect players of the mod to simply remember them from reading them once on the release post.

I second this! DFHack is amazing, but man I barely use half of it just because I forget that functionality is there.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: March 27, 2013, 10:47:14 am »

I second this! DFHack is amazing, but man I barely use half of it just because I forget that functionality is there.
hmm I think Dfhack has hit the point where the power it can do is far over the heads of the people. Like only folks like the good folks who hang out at the irc daily maybe me could write up a mod and do magical things with it. I'm still having a mind overload on how to implement some of these scripts into a mod, also the new r3 being completely different and breaking half of the new scripts that never pop up in r2 that I had in pre-r3.
though I don't use all or most of what dfhack has outside of Dfusion/lua and Gm-editor/scripts. also I kinda worried that most of the new scripts are interrupting each other leading to new bugs.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: March 27, 2013, 03:31:36 pm »

Is the temperature threshhold for autoSyndrome still 9000?  I find that my wood/bone buildings still get destroyed by temperature damage even when using a boiling stone at 9005 urists.

Although 9005 is below the colddam point for wood, this destruction didn't happen pre-DFHack r3 (or even much colder temperatures are still safe if  I 'unload all' at the DFHack terminal).  So I infer that autoSyndrome is responsible for somehow more thoroughly applying the damage to the workshop.

Do you think it is possible to undo the building destruction aspects, at least for the 9005 temperature materials but ideally for everything?  It would be nice to be able to use bone/wood for buildings, but if it is impossible I will try to work around it.

edit.
Shoot, sorry... I don't think it's autoSyndrome after all.
unload all -- they don't damage
unload autoSyndrome -- still get damage

any thoughts what else is new in DFHack r3 that can be causing this?  Or is it more appropriate for me to ask Meph what changes there have been in the scripts he loads in Masterwork?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:41:34 pm by smakemupagus »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: March 27, 2013, 06:25:42 pm »

Again, unless you use PRESERVE_ROCK it won't be an issue.

Also, it looks at the boiling temperature, not the default temperature that it has when it's created, however that works.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3449 on: March 27, 2013, 06:41:18 pm »

I didnt change any scripts. I said its my change to the stone_vapor_template. If it isnt, I am just as dumbfounded as you. No idea what else could be the cause.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 373