Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1442126 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3450 on: March 27, 2013, 07:09:00 pm »

I didnt change any scripts. I said its my change to the stone_vapor_template. If it isnt, I am just as dumbfounded as you. No idea what else could be the cause.

I wouldn't have thought that your change to a very cold stone_vapor_template is the cause, because the template thermal property tokens are overwritten in the material definition anyway.  But at this point I have no idea really.  :-\

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:KNOWLEDGE_STONE] produced in transmutation
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]  ## this template will produce super cold stones b/c of boiling point settings
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:knowledge]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:knowledge]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:knowledge]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:5:7:1][TILE:'*']
[MELTING_POINT:7000]
[BOILING_POINT:7005]  ## but those boiling point settings are overwritten here
[SOLID_DENSITY:55520]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]

*  Even setting the melting & boiling point temp to 7005 or 9005 in the [INORGANIC:] definition, the workshop is still damaged if not destroyed. 
*  After "dfhack>> unload autoSyndrome" the workshop is still destroyed.  I used the DFHack command that shows you the list of plugins active to make sure it was unloaded, too.
*  When set to relatively high boiling points like 7005, the solid vapor stone doesn't actually melt or vaporize, even though it seems like it should at room temp.  There is solid vapor stone found in the rubble of workshop and lasts a long time, it gets hauled away and stockpiled.
*  With "dfhack>> unload all" there are no residual vapor stones and the workshop is NOT destroyed, or even damaged, even after months of continuous use.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: March 27, 2013, 07:12:20 pm »

I just think that many people dont use dfhack to the extent they could, simply because its inaccessable and requires reading the readme, memorizing hotkeys or altering the dfhack init themselves, and no ingame help. Thats why falconnes plugins get such great feedback, he puts attention to the user interface and accessability.

This is sadly true. Personally I play DF with the dfhack.init opened in Ultraedit to be able to look up hotkeys I don't use very often and dfhack's readme.rst opened in a web browser. And Dwarf Therapist, of course. So that's a total of 3-4 external applications (4 if you count dfhack, but at least it automatically starts together with DF) and "a lot" of windows to switch between to get stuff done. I disagree with the claim that dfhack is "inaccessable" since the documentation is extensive and you will get almost all necessary information either from the readme file or from using the internal help function provided by plugins. I will agree, however, that it could help a lot to move away from plugins which can only be used by hacking in some "cryptic" commands which many users will never bother with and give them a "proper" user interface. Now this is finally possible to realize without too much work, so I think you can expect dfhack to become a lot more user-friendly in the future.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: March 27, 2013, 09:17:54 pm »

when I load a game and type
[DFHack]# plug
it shows that "misery" is active.  I can
#unload misery
and it goes away.  How can I start a game without misery enabled?  It's not in my dfhack.init.

or...
the fact that it's in the list just means it's available?  sorry if this is dumb question :P
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:37:31 pm by smakemupagus »

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: March 27, 2013, 09:56:51 pm »

when I load a game and type
[DFHack]# plug
it shows that "misery" is active.  I can
#unload misery
and it goes away.  How can I start a game without misery enabled?  It's not in my dfhack.init.

or...
the fact that it's in the list just means it's available?  sorry if this is dumb question :P

It's just a list of available (loaded) plugins. Almost all of them are inactive before you explicitly start them and the majority only runs once and won't do stuff behind your back.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: March 27, 2013, 10:01:02 pm »

OK, cool.  That was my guess once I thought about it more, but thanks for confirming :)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: March 28, 2013, 12:42:21 pm »

...would it be possible to make a plugin that creates a creature from a reaction? Just posing a question that would be awesome.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: March 28, 2013, 12:43:53 pm »

Yes.

AFAIK, it's buggy as hell.

I could try writing a script for it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: March 28, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »

I was planning to use a script of that kind to make a golemcrafting reaction/turretbuilding reaction.

If it can't be helped, I guess I could do something else with it.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: March 28, 2013, 01:25:00 pm »

It should be possible. A little finicky though. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: March 28, 2013, 03:03:18 pm »

Anything suspect about this function?

Code: [Select]
local function insertMistThought(unit)
unit.status.recent_events:insert('#',
    {
        new = df.unit_thought,
        type = 162
        subtype = -1,
        severity = 0
        }
        )
end

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: March 28, 2013, 03:06:56 pm »

The indentation is wrong.

I think it should have some kind of duration.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: March 28, 2013, 03:13:20 pm »

Odd. The indentation appears to be 4 spaces in Notepad++ and a tab here.

Anyway, actually looking at thoughts generated by the game reveal only a type, age, subtype and severity.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3462 on: March 28, 2013, 03:40:18 pm »

The "age" is the duration expwnent is referring to, and it's something you should initialize to zero (which should happen by default) - it increments once per frame, and its value affects the happiness adjustment (old thoughts do less, and really old thoughts do nothing at all and get forgotten).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: March 28, 2013, 03:41:01 pm »

Oh wow--I thought that I had that already, hehe. Remind me not to glance too much.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: March 28, 2013, 06:33:51 pm »

Yes.

AFAIK, it's buggy as hell.

I could try writing a script for it.
well for starters it's buggy as hell due to many factors, one being spawning said unit might die and crash the game.
though that wasn't there before and I think it's the cause of lua scripting being broken.
it's quite a shame that r3 some how broke half the scripts we made, and now deemed non user friendly enough to not warrant a try.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 373