Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287185 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7335 on: November 21, 2011, 03:13:39 pm »

Death by logic puzzle? Its too horrible to consider. Please I beg you, leniency!

But yeah. While I will likely be revealing the history of the Dead Man's command within my meeting with Ligoria's nobles, its probably not common knowledge.

Also I was entirely expecting a more 'popular' general to swing by and take credit for my work, while at the same time killing me. This works out much better! Although gaining that prestige means I'll proly have assassination attempts rolled at least seasonly against me.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: November 21, 2011, 03:18:23 pm »

Nah, the next general coming would only show up about summer or later. Takes time to travel.

Also... *Grabs Terenos by the Collar*  Send CG the stuff about the generals system and the tech tree dammit!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: November 21, 2011, 03:53:58 pm »

Also I was entirely expecting a more 'popular' general to swing by and take credit for my work, while at the same time killing me. This works out much better! Although gaining that prestige means I'll proly have assassination attempts rolled at least seasonly against me.
Well, one might try. If that's how you'd prefer things, its up to you, basically.

But the way I sees it, the shadowy overlords of the DE do appreciate true talent. I figure that they let the court handle the year-to-year operations of the empire, only intervening when things happen that are really interesting on a historic scale.

Wildly differing reports as to the true nature of the DE can easily be handwaved by the fact that it is so large and mysterious that even its own citizens can't be sure who's in charge and what their policies are. 
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: November 21, 2011, 03:55:32 pm »

Damned DE, with your death by logic and labrinthine government :P

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: November 21, 2011, 03:59:22 pm »

Damned DE, with your death by logic and labrinthine government :P

As opposed To Ligoria, with painfully blunt queen and clear and transparent (read: nonexistent) government.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: November 21, 2011, 04:02:26 pm »

Hey, I hired Avitus to do that, so he better get on that :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: November 21, 2011, 05:04:00 pm »

As soon as I make someone to assist Tala it's all 'let's root out dem spies.' I'm going to have to call you out on that... you're clearly just making up a reason to be suspicious of me IC... ::)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: November 21, 2011, 05:09:14 pm »

We haven't even heard of you ICly yet :P

Besides, Tala wasn't going to die from the queen finding out...

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: November 21, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »

@Taricus: like hell I'm going to do it! Just please refrain from giving away your full treasury to the first beggar coming to you, an maybe we can start forming a government and teaching the youth to serve you well...

@Araph: don't worry I didn't forget you, your name was supposed to appear in our meeting all along, your mass producing weapons is the deadly upper hand we were all waiting for!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: November 21, 2011, 05:10:53 pm »

As soon as I make someone to assist Tala it's all 'let's root out dem spies.' I'm going to have to call you out on that... you're clearly just making up a reason to be suspicious of me IC... ::)

Actually, it was part of my plan for some time (since Laythe sent William in exile) because I want an excuse to get some of my men inside the city guard. I am not going to tell you why - I'm sure you can guess, anyway. Besides, we're only going to dismantle gangs and arrest smugglers for now, so I don't think you have any reason to fear that we might get your character.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: November 21, 2011, 05:16:01 pm »

@Shootandrun: Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. I have no reason to believe the conversation was going to take that turn beforehand, considering that before Dwarmin posted it was 'what do we do if the Queen is injured in battle' and after he posted the topic suddenly was 'SPIES EVERYWHERE GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.' Now when Tala's like 'hey I hired someone to help out' it's going to be immediate distrust and suspicion for no other reason than OOC knowledge that he's in league with her in one form or another.

@Taricus: Yeah, Tala, who's already got the favor of the Queen...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: November 21, 2011, 05:24:02 pm »

The problem is I posted an action requesting a spy two weeks ago, and if someone had actually taken the time to roll for that, Avitus would have launch a co-intel op back then, everyone knows a Kingdom is constantly targeted by spies, not necessarily from the DE but from every surrounding power.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: November 21, 2011, 05:25:32 pm »

@Shootandrun: Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. I have no reason to believe the conversation was going to take that turn beforehand, considering that before Dwarmin posted it was 'what do we do if the Queen is injured in battle' and after he posted the topic suddenly was 'SPIES EVERYWHERE GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.' Now when Tala's like 'hey I hired someone to help out' it's going to be immediate distrust and suspicion for no other reason than OOC knowledge that he's in league with her in one form or another.

I am glad to see that you trust me   >:(. There you go, SC:

Quote from: Letter to Nikephoros
To Nikephoros, General of Ligoria
From Kathos Thunderblade, Baron of Ligoria

For a few reasons, I will try to keep this short. We need to talk, about strategy and a few other things. I am not in a hurry - simply send me a letter when you have enough time to do a strategic meeting.

Kathos read the letter and then he threw it in the fire. He waited until it was late afternoon - not yet night, but it was getting dark - and he left.

In these posts, Kathos is already acting like he's being watched. I wanted to talk about this to Ardas only, but I was distracted by the shadow-council thing. You can go check for yourself, I did not edit these posts, and they were posted before you posted your character  ::)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: November 21, 2011, 05:31:47 pm »

@Shootandrun: The quoted posts only show you don't want Laythe to know about a shadow meeting, which is understandable because she would probably kill or exile you for doing so. And no, I have no reason to trust anyone very much in a game where screwing over your fellow players is 75% of the point. Don't take it personally. I'm not a man to hold grudges. It's just very suspicious, that's all.

@leone313: I knew about your request for a spy and I'm not disputing your bringing up you want one. That's perfectly understandable and I have no problem with that; in fact, if you had brought up you had a spy first, I wouldn't be having this conversation at all. My qualm is with Nikephoros and Kathos suddenly being suspicious of spies before the subject of you wanting one ever came up. It just seems forced to me.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: November 21, 2011, 05:40:08 pm »

Well. I say something, you say something else, we are kind of blocked. So, let me ask you something: Why would I want to get rid of Tala and you?
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 634