Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289078 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3855 on: September 29, 2011, 12:33:22 pm »

Also another thing I'd really like because of what happened in the previous game can we be less shy about moving forwards through each season and base it on how much has actually happened rather than whether things have settled down politically or not, just try to keep going at roughly say 1 RL week = 1 IC year.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: September 29, 2011, 12:41:03 pm »

1 week to a year is a bit short, perhaps. You'd want at least two days per season, so that even if TIMEZONES people can still sort of communicate. And for busy seasons, in which actual complicated game stuff happens, you would probably want more than that.

But I do agree that things dragging on too long is boring, and that setting the goal of two days/season would help keep things streamlined.
Long Live United Forenia!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: September 29, 2011, 12:43:36 pm »

Ok 2day/season works just as well as 7days/4seasons, maybe a wee bit of fiddling but looks good to me.

EDIT: *Check's Micelus's timezone* *sigh* why do you have to be on the opposite side of the world to me?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:59:26 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: September 29, 2011, 01:12:54 pm »

I'd say about a week per season would be reasonable, with an upper limit of two weeks if it's particularly active.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: September 29, 2011, 01:15:23 pm »

Well sure a bunch of stuff happens in a year but I'm thinking in terms of taxes and businesses here, I mean getting extra funds once a month doesn't really count as a reliable income  :-\ maybe things like manpower regeneration could come once a season then?
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: September 29, 2011, 01:21:59 pm »

Ahh, I love long walls o' text. Don't you just love long walls o' text?

I was suffering from writer's block a bit, so I scrapped the entire personality of my character and the words just started flowing!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: September 29, 2011, 01:33:56 pm »

The passage of time shouldnt be changed from the last game. Its entirely subjective based on how much people have done.

The REASON time was so fluid before was that there are so many people and 1 person getting only a single action in to someone else's 10 is unfair. That was also why the movement rates were added for ships and units. Ships get 6moves a season and units got 4-6 depending on the terrain.

The fewer people playing, and/or the more active the GMs are to roll makes things proceed faster.

Also: Thanks for the clarification on the Inn Tari, i was wondering how he came up with the 3/yr when no one said anything. (To be honest, given the business system i'd just rate it a size 1 business and ignore the repair aspect - sure it USED to be a size 3 or 4, but yeah it's fallen to crap. Now its just a cheap motel instead of a Super 8)
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: September 29, 2011, 01:35:11 pm »

And you wouldn't mind running some of the turns CG?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: September 29, 2011, 01:44:59 pm »

I have a feeling demanding an audience instead of pataintly waiting for your turn to speak is a bad thing with a queen who wears platemail and carries a large sword around constantly.

I don't like the idea of time limits on turns, very much.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: September 29, 2011, 01:57:44 pm »

I don't like the idea of time limits on turns, very much.
Oh, I didn't mean like a hard time limit as in: every 48 hours, boom, new season! I meant as in can we try to keep the length of these things more consistent because last time the first 2/3 years seemed to go by quickly and after that it slowed down majorly, I'm mostly saying this because I was wanting to start a business and whilst I'm going to primarily use it as a base of operations I don't want to wait several years to break even with the more passive parts of it if that point is quite a way in the future. Sorry, probably didn't explain myself to well.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: September 29, 2011, 01:59:07 pm »

you mean me? Gaah...the queen has slaughtered her relatives, she is more or less on the throne through cheating which makes her claim on the throne, in the sight of other city states, quite unstable. She needs allies, and the Weylands are willing to provide it, she would be a fool to decline or insult me Jarldom ;)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: September 29, 2011, 02:05:24 pm »

Except you don't control the Jarldom and you could be sent here to get you out of the way...Your just the diplomat, hell they may want you to be killed.
Plus strategically, attacking this city is folly.... You have to cross the bay of storms or whatever and since that seems to be the fact that it most likely has hurricanes every year, it would take roughly two seasons worth of work to muster an marine force big enough to attack this city and another few seasons to muster enough food and drink, crossing a northern ocean in winter is stupid.
Also considering that the ships that you would most likely use are not better in naval battles then the ships that the people of the Storm Coast currently use.
Plus you have several countries on your flank that would most likely like to tear a piece of land or two off of you.
Plus the people of the Storm Coast are natural sailors, your people are not.
Plus your up against me, if I get what I need.
Plus you most likely bought your weapons and armor from Lonemine, or at least the iron for them.
Plus your not using steel but iron.
Walking all the way, you have to cross through several countries of power and wealth, which means that they can raise forces against you. Plus it would take longer to march to this place.
Plus the only thing that this city is likely to provide is trading.
Plus you don't seem to be so good at tatics, you more of the charge and kill type.

Your in checkmate, mate.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:29:44 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: September 29, 2011, 02:14:20 pm »

yeah, i'll run some turns. lemme see what's going on and roll some things up

I ran the trade end of Mic's turn, i should probably do Elf's gains on the merc defend as well

Notice:
We need to decide with system we're going to use. Given how much i broke the last one, i can assume we'll use my edits to the system.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:46:25 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: September 29, 2011, 02:31:28 pm »

Why couldn't he bring ships to a neighboring country which regarded ours with disgust (or one that just doesn't have conflicting interests really and could be brought) and then march from there with the combined forces of two countries, whilst lone mine is definitely the dominant mining town in the area the most you could do is restrict there influx slightly in an area displaced from you, other imports or self-manufacturing wouldn't be out of the question. Plus with 3 towns (I think) (the munros, high fane + the one donald founded) in his jarldom he also outnumbers us a large ammount. I would take in this part carefully: "she would be a fool to decline or insult me Jarldom"

Having the jarldom as an ally really would be a good thing... this is why the Vallud's shouldn't be diplomats  :P
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: September 29, 2011, 02:37:53 pm »

Something important that should be decided by someone (Taricus?); what is the primary religion of Ligoria (probably Taloisism), is it also the state religion, and what sort of tolerance towards smaller religions/sects/cults/whatever is there, and how prevalent are these (if any)?

she would be a fool to bla bla bla
She murdered her entire family, she walks around in armour all the time.

I wouldn't underestimate the powers of Queen Psychobitch to act before thinking. Logically he may be safe insulting her, but logic is so hard to explain when your head is on a pike.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 634