Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289506 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3450 on: September 26, 2011, 02:07:00 pm »

Nearly all are half-assed efforts though.

Heck, I'd like to play the fall of the Hatcuri empire if that's possible.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: September 26, 2011, 02:16:53 pm »

hmm a timeskip of 100 years would be at this place unreasonable then...i doubt that our Game would live more than 100 years and the question comes to the mind what happens then? From my point of view we can guess that the Manskinner with his newly aquired lands would crush the remaining Munros happily continuing to sell slaves, all the while modernizing his Jarldom and trying to to befriend the neighbouring nations, this means mainly Elbereth, his only trading partner from his point of view. Of course trading deals would also be struck with Vasir to keep them out of the way. The only remaining neighbouring Nation would be Brighthall, with which he tries to build up a friendly relationship. But as it is he refuses the Suulian Orthodoxy for the simple reason that he despises their fundamentalism and fanatism.

And we can all guess that sooner or later Suul and Brighthall join on some Holy Crusade to take care of Miring and Elbereth due to their beliefs. THe Manskinner as well as King Erik both know that in such a case they would need each other. All three combined (Elbereth,Weyland and Miring) would be more or less able to hold Brighthall and Suul off...at least i guess so. Anyway Brighthall alyways seemed to me as a nation which had some big enemy in the West, which allows them only limited troop support for the East. At least it seemed to me like it when i look at the Zimtar raids which weren't retaliated by more than 2 or 3 Brighthall regiments.

End of situation in i guess about 20 years would be:

An Alliance of Weyland,Elbereth and (possibly) Miring against a Suulian Crusade. And now in this moment our dear Game would reveal himself. The Jarl wouldn't propably mind what the slaves were used for and continue to trade.Game i guess would not overrun the Weylands at least not immediately, he needs them for Slaves apart from the fact that without them he would soon be facing the Suulian Crusaders. This leaves us with several possible endings to this crusade:

1a) Weyland allies with Game and together they form a 3 alliance putting Elbereth and Miring into a pretty shitty position, as Erik due to his hate towards Magic propably refuses to join the Dark magic and well teh Trubaldsomes do what they always did...kill each other. From there we can guess that ELbereth and Miring will be crushed due to the attacks from both sides.

1b) Weyland allies with Game and together they join Elbereth and Miring in throwing back the Suulian Crusade, crushing Suul in the process and forcing Brighthall to accept a Ceasefire. In the following years Elbereth will propably have massive religious unrest due to cyclists,Pagans and Orthodox people fighting each other. MEanwhile Game will stay a threat and sooner or later decide to destroy the Weylands and take over Elbereth followed by Brighthall.

2a) Elbereth, realizing the threat of Game joins together with Suul and Brighthall to stop Game and Weyland with uncertain outcome.

2b) Elbereth,the Weylands and the other nations join together to fight Game(and in this case propably win). After that the Crusade will propably continue ending up with Brighthall and Suul on the upper side as the Weyland is main Warzone in the War agaisnt Game.

and these are just the possibilieties i can think of in the moment...and theres the uncertainty with Game...what will happen in 60 or 70 years...what will happen to the Weylands if the Jarl succumbs to his poison? in my opinion to many variables to decide on...i say we play on from this point...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: September 26, 2011, 02:19:30 pm »

No one says a time jump would mean technological advancement either - 100 years basically leaves room for most of us to die and history to be fungible.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3453 on: September 26, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »

No one says a time jump would mean technological advancement either - 100 years basically leaves room for most of us to die and history to be fungible.

Yeah apparently people haven't figured out that that's the MAIN purpose of a time skip, so we don't have to figure out what happened.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: September 26, 2011, 02:25:06 pm »

How about we go back 100 years instead of foward? Back when the sctg started.
Because then what if something occurred along the lines of the SCTG never took off when we played through it, the original wouldn't make sense.

And I'm up for invading the bearded elf-haters  :P
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: September 26, 2011, 02:26:05 pm »

A time jump without big technological advancement would be the best choice for me.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3456 on: September 26, 2011, 02:27:45 pm »

A time jump without big technological advancement would be the best choice for me.

Cannons and Arquebues aren't much, and probably VERY expensive.  Not sure what else would form.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: September 26, 2011, 02:42:47 pm »

What about using ye olde "Time always finds its way." cliche?
Anything anyone does in the past, doesn't alter the future, that if someone assasainated the founder of the SCTG that a new one would emerge in a moment's notice.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: September 26, 2011, 02:47:47 pm »

no, no no. Time skip, 100 years, storm coast. This is ok, reasonable and fun. No prequels. We can continue if anyone wants to muddle through this. Erik can have a heart attack or a bit of fishbone stuck in his throat, I don't know.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: September 26, 2011, 02:49:11 pm »

What about using ye olde "Time always finds its way." cliche?
Anything anyone does in the past, doesn't alter the future, that if someone assasainated the founder of the SCTG that a new one would emerge in a moment's notice.
Also known as 'all your achievements are moot; congrats on uniting the world under your banner, now watch it collapse just to maintain the status quo'
Whatever you do, don't do a prequel.

Re: Time periods; what sort of tech level were you at, and what is wrong with whatever would naturally come 100 years later?
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: September 26, 2011, 02:50:05 pm »

Late 11th-early 12th century, I figure.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: September 26, 2011, 02:51:23 pm »

If we are at that tech level, I guess 100 years later everything would remain pretty much the same. There was little improvement in the dark ages, why would'nt it be the same in Iitu?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: September 26, 2011, 02:53:41 pm »

Gunpowder was just invented, that kind of shit takes a while to catch but when it does it spreads like wildfire, wow Mahtan really made predicting the future tough  :P
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: September 26, 2011, 02:55:15 pm »

Meh, let's just say he blew up and with him died the secrets of gunpowder. There, problem fixed  :P

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: September 26, 2011, 02:59:14 pm »

No. I like gunpowder and I like reneissance. I don't know how much you people know about 16th century, but despite gunpowder's more widespread use, armored knights still had their place in the battlefield, arquebus was just developed and most of the medieval stuff simply carried on. 17th century wasa proper change though, with incerased colonial involvement, better guns and so on. For now its would still be caravels and carracks, first galleons, heavy plate armored cavalry, pikemen and few guns and medieval setup of the society.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 634