Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289066 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1785 on: August 24, 2011, 12:02:43 pm »

Edit:  Smart-alecness aside, it really does pay to skim back through posts and think about what you read and where.  If you are in doubt about what you know, you can always just ask.  Players who are more informed will be happy to tell you what is and is not common knowledge.
Actually that reminds me, I told Troubladsome about the Zimtar attempting an assassination on King Eric's life, firstly would I know this after having spent time with the Zimtar and is it common knowledge... doesn't matter too much just curiosity.

No, there's no reason for the Zimtar to have told you (as far as I know the handless dead guy only told the Nakh and there's no reason he would spread that around).  So technically you shouldn't know that unless rumour made it to Miring about the attempted assassination.

Frankly, I don't think Erik publicises assassination attempts in case anyone gets ideas, so probably not there either.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 24, 2011, 12:24:45 pm »

We don't.  I'm already toying with whether to draw the line at a courtship mechanic.  :P

For the love of God, who came up with this? This RP is heavy as it is already, I don't want to lose my remaing time in here ::)
Besides courting someone isn't really needed for now and is too random to make it into set of rules.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: August 24, 2011, 12:25:15 pm »

Just to ask, is the game receiving an application of a seaborne trader?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: August 24, 2011, 12:28:19 pm »

evilcherry, I thought you started your own game? Not to say that we don't want you. We could actually use another GM :P

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: August 24, 2011, 12:30:05 pm »

evilcherry, I thought you started your own game? Not to say that we don't want you. We could actually use another GM :P
Yes. So I just wanted to be a quiet trader. I'm not going to GM 2 games at once :)
I'll probably travel south, as to speak. Writing flavor text, of course.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: August 24, 2011, 12:52:31 pm »

And thus the Doctor is slain. At least I went out fighting.
Would it be okay if I created a new character in a couple days? I'm planning on a viking type character or something.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:59:16 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: August 24, 2011, 01:02:18 pm »

And thus the Doctor is slain. At least I went out fighting.
Would it be okay if I created a new character in a couple days? I'm planning on a viking type character or something.
Would you be another Weylander then? Or from Korlan... quite a vikingy place I think
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: August 24, 2011, 01:26:14 pm »

*points at McMurray* i think this one is still vacant...and sorry again XP

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1793 on: August 24, 2011, 02:29:53 pm »

We don't.  I'm already toying with whether to draw the line at a courtship mechanic.  :P

For the love of God, who came up with this? This RP is heavy as it is already, I don't want to lose my remaing time in here ::)
Besides courting someone isn't really needed for now and is too random to make it into set of rules.

I did because unlike the rest of you losers, my character actually has a girl who could be a love interest.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: August 24, 2011, 02:31:32 pm »

Hey! you left me out of that...

Though I'm dead, so it doesn't matter...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: August 24, 2011, 02:35:08 pm »

It's fine.
And I might not do a viking, actually. I need to think about it.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: August 24, 2011, 02:36:09 pm »

I did because unlike the rest of you losers, my character actually has a girl who could be a love interest.

And if we have real girls in real life and we don't want to bother with another, time consuuming mechanic?
No offense.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: August 24, 2011, 02:43:09 pm »

And if we have real girls in real life and we don't want to bother with another, time consuuming mechanic?
No offense.

Also it would add nothing to the game except more trouble to the players and GMs. You can just RP it, you don't need a mechanic for that.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: August 24, 2011, 02:47:13 pm »

The system would be useful for NPC-PC relations. RPing would work for inter-player ones.

Really, I just want to see what a 1 does XD
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1799 on: August 24, 2011, 02:57:29 pm »

No offense.

Also it would add nothing to the game except more trouble to the players and GMs. You can just RP it, you don't need a mechanic for that.

Actually marriage would be highly important, because that's how babies are made.  Also I'm not going to roleplay my own romance, do you not realize how sad that would be?

Plus you don't need "mechanics" you can simply make it like research and training is done.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 634