Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289340 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1410 on: August 21, 2011, 05:11:03 pm »

Out of curiosity Zako, have the wanted posters of Sir Joseph gone all the way to the Weylands?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 21, 2011, 05:12:40 pm »

Taricus...thats a bad idea...Very bad considering several things that your char or you don't know about...
Everyone is going to try and kill me. I think that's enough information for me.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 21, 2011, 05:12:51 pm »

well okay dwarfinton, but im still rping the pissed of guy because that was pretty muhc my first reaction when i readthrough the posts  :P
I love it: argh my steward can't run my kingdom whilst I'm gone, argh rar rar... 5 parcels? Oh ok, fair enough  ???

And also Taric, are you trying to get yourself killed to help Iiteum with GMing or something?

Eh, I might well do the same in his situation.  The way I see it, I've seriously offended my liege by being associated with burning down his castle (albeit whilst attempting to slay a man I legitimately suspected of having drugged and brainwashed his cousin), so I'm probably not going to get ransomed.  Given that's not an option, the only thing the rabble are disputing about is how I should be killed since I was responsible for murdering over half their city.  Slim a chance as escape holds, my best bet is to get out, find a knife in the castle kitchen and murder the hell out of the people responsible.  Even if it doesn't improve my chances of getting out alive, it'll at least give me a little spiteful satisfaction.  >=D

Out of curiosity Zako, have the wanted posters of Sir Joseph gone all the way to the Weylands?

To the Weyland border, yes.  Close enough that one might end up idly floating into the Steward's hands.

Righto. I will be fair to what I said before then and I will do a cloth shipment from vasir to Miring. It can beslightly problematic to edit the table tough, since some of the rows require the rolls to be made.
For that purpose it should be agreed that right after a trade post, the merchant is responsible for updating the numbers and then GM only fills in the roll-dependant columns.
Since there is only a couple of merchants and trade from place to place shouldn't change much figures, it should be ok for now. I will be updating the table now with 2 cloth shipments from Vasir to Miring.
Miring figures will be updated if my voyage has been confirmed as safe one.

Sounds fair to me.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 21, 2011, 05:14:10 pm »

Dude...Iituem take a break...I mean you posted on the wiki this morning/ afternoon and now your posting on here. Really...Your breaks suck.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 21, 2011, 05:14:32 pm »

Because fuck it, I'm dead either way. Might as well enjoy it >=D

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 21, 2011, 05:16:37 pm »

Dramatic music!
The figures are Terenos, bearer of at least a fair amount of truth, and a messenger from a traitor to Elbreth...
The destination is the King of Elbreth!

Who will arrive first? Will Terenos pull an as yet unspecified circumstance bonus out of his hat? (I keep managing it, its not difficult to suspect), Will he be forced to betray his king, and flee into the night? Tune in next time on You Are King!
--
That said, I totally have a backup plan if this all goes wahoonie shaped.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 21, 2011, 05:17:11 pm »

Imagine if he comes out of that alive.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 21, 2011, 05:20:12 pm »

I think we'll have a shadow knight then >=D

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 21, 2011, 05:20:34 pm »

Dude...Iituem take a break...I mean you posted on the wiki this morning/ afternoon and now your posting on here. Really...Your breaks suck.

I told you, I've been rehearsing the last ten hours.  I'm taking a break from that now (though I'll be back at it again before bed and tomorrow in the day).

Hans, taking thatkid's roll for cloth values (4d) buying 2 units would technically put you 6 ducats into debt.  I'll rule that the Guild is currently somewhat pleased with your initiative and is willing to overlook it, but you can expect them to start making demands soon.

Also, to confirm with Cyber - my rolls were strictly speaking for Miring, not Preston, but I'll let them go.  I assume that means you traded the grain to Preston's port?  (Just checking before I edit the trade tables.)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 21, 2011, 05:23:34 pm »

Fair enough. Its been my mistake and my partial hope for a reduced price due to the increments and roll. I can change it to one grain and one cloth instead if that is better if I'm to keep within the limit. Besides, Miring has only 10 allowance, so I would lose out on 2 shipemnts of cloth.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 21, 2011, 05:24:40 pm »

I think we'll have a shadow knight then >=D
What would you do then?

Start plundering and pillaging or try to make a kingdom or become a mercenary?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 21, 2011, 05:25:43 pm »

According to the rolls Thatkid made, he'd take a loss on things sold to Preston (As it seems Thatkid rolled for Preston) So..It only makes sense for him to unload in Miring.

Actually, Taricus' brutal tactics and willingness to get the job done might buy him a position with the Manskinner.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 21, 2011, 05:25:50 pm »

Dramatic music!
The figures are Terenos, bearer of at least a fair amount of truth, and a messenger from a traitor to Elbreth...
The destination is the King of Elbreth!

Who will arrive first? Will Terenos pull an as yet unspecified circumstance bonus out of his hat? (I keep managing it, its not difficult to suspect), Will he be forced to betray his king, and flee into the night? Tune in next time on You Are King!
--
That said, I totally have a backup plan if this all goes wahoonie shaped.

Should I be treating this as a race?  Because technically you'll have to go ahead of your regiment (they travel slower than just you on a horse - and Aulon has several men on what few horses they could spare going that way right now).

Fair enough. Its been my mistake and my partial hope for a reduced price due to the increments and roll. I can change it to one grain and one cloth instead if that is better if I'm to keep within the limit. Besides, Miring has only 10 allowance, so I would lose out on 2 shipemnts of cloth.

It's cool.  Normally I would just roll it again if I'd made a mistake, but since Thatkid already rolled a cloth price check I figured I should go with it.  Grain in Vasir right now is available at a cost of... [1] 0.4d, so you spend 4.4d and put yourself 2.4d in debt.  I'll adjust the trade table.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1423 on: August 21, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »

I should remind you folks that this is a game.  Hence stop telling Iiteum to take breaks.  We aren't wii sports.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 21, 2011, 05:30:48 pm »

Remember, Iiteum!!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 634