Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289821 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #555 on: August 17, 2011, 03:59:46 pm »

I was hoping to make dynamite like things, aww crap, no bombs then. I can still use things like Metsubushi, right?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 17, 2011, 04:02:18 pm »

I was hoping to make dynamite like things, aww crap, no bombs then. I can still use things like Metsubushi, right?
The Mitsubishi?
Man, you're going to be an operative of Elbreth. You get to at least take the King's jag.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 17, 2011, 04:03:01 pm »

I had to look that up.  It doesn't seem terribly overpowered for what is essentially early pepper spray, so go nuts.  If you want to make bombs, learn alchemy and get Mahtan to reveal the secret of gunpowder.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 17, 2011, 04:03:45 pm »

Man, what does the Minister of the MIA get?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 17, 2011, 04:04:11 pm »

I had to look that up.  It doesn't seem terribly overpowered for what is essentially early pepper spray, so go nuts.  If you want to make bombs, learn alchemy and get Mahtan to reveal the secret of gunpowder.

I do know alchemy. I do not know the secret of gunpowder though.

EDIT:Can I research Greek Fire?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 17, 2011, 04:04:57 pm »

Pirates and bandits, they will have to go if the country is to start serious economy. Elbreth is terribly decentralized if you ask me.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 17, 2011, 04:05:45 pm »

Yeah. The king needs to start tightening his grip on us.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 17, 2011, 04:06:46 pm »

If you said things like that ingame i  would have to defend the kings honor. By killing you in your sleep.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 17, 2011, 04:07:29 pm »

I do know alchemy. I do not know the secret of gunpowder though.

EDIT:Can I research Greek Fire?

Stormfire exists, but it's one of the most closely guarded secrets of the few Storm Coast nations that have it.  Again, you would need to be trained as an alchemist.  Hold up, I need to check your app again.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 17, 2011, 04:12:23 pm »

All my plans involve the creation of something akin to the east india trading company. There's also a little issue I need to speak to iituem about as well.

Adwarf, I intended to give you the sloop as payment for your help and lost ship. The value difference alone is great payment. Mine was easily worth 2-3x what you lost. I prefer the heavy cargo ship for my current  plans anyway. Im keeping the cargo. You didn't even try to bargain. You were going to cut and run. You've therefore forfeit my good nature.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 17, 2011, 04:17:23 pm »

All my plans involve the creation of something akin to the east india trading company. There's also a little issue I need to speak to iituem about as well.

Adwarf, I intended to give you the sloop as payment for your help and lost ship. The value difference alone is great payment. Mine was easily worth 2-3x what you lost. I prefer the heavy cargo ship for my current  plans anyway. Im keeping the cargo. You didn't even try to bargain. You were going to cut and run. You've therefore forfeit my good nature.
I wasn't trying to get on your bad side I just needed some money, but oh well I will take the sloop thank you, and go off to steal some ships if you want I cna take those stolen supllies, and give them to you to sell (For a price of course (Half their worth plus the cost of any lost units)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 17, 2011, 04:18:29 pm »

I wasn't trying to get on your bad side I just needed some money, but oh well I will take the sloop thank you, and go off to steal some ships if you want I cna take those stolen supllies, and give them to you to sell (For a price of course (Half their worth plus the cost of any lost units)
You're not really in a position to backtrack right now, man.
Wait till Cybergenesis responds in character to try to talk your way out of this mistake :P
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 17, 2011, 04:20:03 pm »

Vagel7, I can't find any character application for you.  Now admittedly this is because you joined before I made it a firm rule for people to submit an app, but your earliest post makes no reference to ability with alchemy.  When you answered the king's question as to your area of expertise you similarly only implied that you were an informant and potentially assassin.  Since expertise with alchemy is a fairly significant thing (and I only tend to let people have one 'gratis' profession at the start), you will need to train to be an alchemist - preferably from one of the two player alchemists, who can set you up to 3 tasks in return for training.

In other news, CyberGenesis' ideal position would be to kill you and take everything.  But generally that sort of thing is considered unsportsmanlike from an OOC perspective (at least when you do it to a new character - it's rather like camping), unless your character has been sufficiently provoked.

With luck, you will actually get to live and learn.  But that strongly depends on whether a'Valti wants to make a fight of it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:22:24 pm by Iituem »

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 17, 2011, 04:22:52 pm »

Name: Ludwig LaWitch

A tall, slender man in his late 30s with black hair and a short beard, he has dark blue eyes. He is relatively agile and is well versed in unhonourable combat and potions, powders and herbs of different kinds. He is intelligent and clever. He is a patient, calculating man who thinks his every move through. He arrived at the city with a dagger, some clothes, money and the mission of becoming a successful man.

Ludwig grew up in a country mansion making wine. His father was a very sleazy, clever man, always undercutting his rivals and sometimes even allies to become powerful and rich. He had amassed a huge fortune and a lot of contacts over the years, making him a powerful trader. He could of easily gone into politics, but he was more than happy with his trade empire. Ludwig's mother was a daughter of a doctor. She would  help her father by mixing him medications and potions. She met Ludwig's father while she was 20. In that country mansion Ludwig's father would teach him the ways of unhonourable combat and the ways of the political world. His mother would teach him everything about potions and herbs. When Ludwig was not learning with his mother or father, or not out playing with friends he would study at their library or ride a horse from their stables.
Now 37 years old Ludwig would finally arrive at the city to one day break into politics and then take over his father's business when he dies. Ludwig's father has a business associate in the city and he agreed to give Ludwig a place to live and introduce him to some people who would benefit Ludwig.

I dished the magic thing while writing him. I can redo him if something isn't good. He is also looking for work, hopefully from the king.

This is my app. However if knowing potions and poisons and herbs and powders does not count as Alchemy, then off I go to become an apprentice.

EDIT:Who are the two alchemists?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:25:44 pm by vagel7 »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 17, 2011, 04:27:20 pm »

Welcome to the club my frined. I'm also going for something similar (trading company). Maybe our path will cross someday...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 634