Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289842 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2011, 01:15:36 pm »

I'd love to hire you. I might get a chance if I can meet up sometime on my journey to Brighthall. I'm very convincing when I lie about thing's I'll need, and you could be one of them. Speaking of, where are you right now? To bad it'll have to be a coincidental meeting. Still, It'd be cool to have you along. Especially in dealing with these pesky guards assigned to me.

By the way, is what is the relation of Sheepstead/Elbreth province/Castle Elbreth(does this exist)?
Hmm... as you seem to have work in mind I think you'll serve better for my purposes than Lord Trubaldsome, at the moment I think as your traveling from Preston I will put myself in the region between weyburn and Elbreth castle. Also I sent a pageboy which apparently didn't reach you as your missing in action (apparently?), so I guees a coincidental meeting as you pass through Elbreth would be best.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2011, 01:18:43 pm »

Miring's navy is in port at Miring (2 warships), and Preston's (3 warships?) is in port at Preston.  Port Preston has been looted already, but Port Sleen (Miring's port) has been deliberately spared by the occupying forces.  You can raid ports with a sea raider the same way land raiders would raid a town or market.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2011, 01:27:33 pm »

But i'd have to fight them, and i cant survive that. I'm not able to raid non-port villages on the coast am i?
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2011, 01:47:37 pm »

I'm reading through the mega update currently. What an epic post, thank you Iituem for the huge effort put into this game!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2011, 02:11:34 pm »

Just read through the recent battle. Holy crap that was awesome.

Also, I hope you guys don't mind if I don't regularly read the entire backlog of the OOC thread.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2011, 02:12:44 pm »

Yeah. I vote that important OOC that the game masters need to know should still be put in the main thread, just like old times.

Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2011, 02:29:51 pm »

So, can I make a character?

I would like to try a wizard, how should I go to make my character?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2011, 02:31:11 pm »

Ashton, I'm actually being held captive in the Eelspine by Ztah raiders...'

And I don't think we can "arrange" coincidental meetings, while retaining the coincidental part.

vagel, we don't really like magic people, but read the magic rules on the OP and come up with something. Who knows, you might be accepted.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2011, 02:31:48 pm »

So, can I make a character?

I would like to try a wizard, how should I go to make my character?
without demons  :P
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2011, 02:38:43 pm »

Quote from: adwarf
Name: Renard Kingsley
Bio: Renard was born into a rich trading family who made their living off of selling spices from teh countries to the far east in Mirin, and Preston. From a young age he was taught as any nobleman would be, and was set to inherit the family business. Not long after Renard turned twelve bandits, thieves, and mercenaries began attacking, and stealing from his family ships, and there was evidence to suggest that it was a rival trading company who caused it, but before they could present the infromation to the King they fell from his graces, their possesions were taken away, and his family thrown out onto the street.

His father died the day after from cold that had stricken him, and his mother not long after as she took her own life. Renard now eighteen was thurst out into the world alone he had only worked as a trader for a short time, and was now forced to a life of crime. He decided to start a group of pirates, adn not long after managed to steal a sloop from the company who brought down his family, adn ruined Renard's life. Now broke, a wanted criminal, and pirate captain he had no choice, but to flee to Preston where he now resides with his crew waiting for a chance to brign down those who took his life. He has almost nothing of his own, but a necklace from his mother, and his father's hunting bow, but he still strives to take down the trading company who ruined him.

Probationally, I am allowing you back into the game with this character, adwarf.  You start with 1 warship in place of your personal guard.  This is a very, very fragile start.  My advice to you would be to team up with someone else who can help you survive your first few raids - trying to ally with CyberGenesis' character Tearakudo might be a good idea, for example.

I'll get to work on the big update.

Edit:  Wow, as far as work on the wiki is concerned.  That's filled up very quickly.  Especially wow on the rules page there.

Thank you posting my entrance post now.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2011, 02:47:49 pm »

Message to the king sent! This time with good news!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2011, 02:56:21 pm »

Name: Ludwig LaWitch

A tall, slender man in his late 30s with black hair and a short beard, he has dark blue eyes. He is relatively agile and is well versed in unhonourable combat and potions, powders and herbs of different kinds. He is intelligent and clever. He is a patient, calculating man who thinks his every move through. He arrived at the city with a dagger, some clothes, money and the mission of becoming a successful man.

Ludwig grew up in a country mansion making wine. His father was a very sleazy, clever man, always undercutting his rivals and sometimes even allies to become powerful and rich. He had amassed a huge fortune and a lot of contacts over the years, making him a powerful trader. He could of easily gone into politics, but he was more than happy with his trade empire. Ludwig's mother was a daughter of a doctor. She would  help her father by mixing him medications and potions. She met Ludwig's father while she was 20. In that country mansion Ludwig's father would teach him the ways of unhonourable combat and the ways of the political world. His mother would teach him everything about potions and herbs. When Ludwig was not learning with his mother or father, or not out playing with friends he would study at their library or ride a horse from their stables.
Now 37 years old Ludwig would finally arrive at the city to one day break into politics and then take over his father's business when he dies. Ludwig's father has a business associate in the city and he agreed to give Ludwig a place to live and introduce him to some people who would benefit Ludwig.

I dished the magic thing while writing him. I can redo him if something isn't good. He is also looking for work, hopefully from the king.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2011, 03:07:10 pm »

I wonder if any of these new assassin folk will be as bad ass as Black Shadow...

Anyways, if Ludwig isn't magical you're pretty much automatically in since the backstory makes sense.

Adwarf: That was a nice opening post.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:13:38 pm by thatkid »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2011, 03:19:38 pm »

Ooh... I assumed you went missing after the battle in Preston, well in that case my new course of action must be to free you! Hmm... I was never in brighthall by the way, I was in the Eelspine all along... time to research the ztah
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2011, 03:21:39 pm »

Ashton, you might be better off using IC knowledge only for that. You'll probably find out about Kytuzian eventually, but nobody even knows he was kidnapped by Ztah yet.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:29:31 pm by thatkid »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 634