Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Plunder N' Booty: Fantasy Pirates RPG THREAD  (Read 6592 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Plunder N' Booty: Fantasy Pirates RPG THREAD
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 07:02:09 pm »

Furtuka slithered out of the Tavern and onto the docks, discreetly appraising the appearance, type, and defenses of the various ships floating on the docks
It's FEF, not FEOF

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 07:05:11 pm »

Icho decides to take a look at the crowd gathered here, hoping like hell none of her bother's men were nearby, considering she stole quite a bit of his money to pay for this venture, and it didn't even pay for the ship.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 07:08:40 pm »

Brogas Deathleaf stood on a small rise, viewing the distant city with disdain.
"Cityfolk build such ugly villages..." He muttered to himself, his scarred face pulled back in a habitual grimace as he adjusted his travel-stained cape, adorned with the teeth of things he had killed in his travels.
A sharp cry alerted him to a large bird swooping down from a nearby tree to one side of the rode. He raised his arm and it landed on his forearm with a thunk, claws jabbing into a mass of scar tissue. His grimace lessened slightly, though with the many scars it was hard to read his expression.
"Good hunting, Moonswoop. Now we go to find something more to drink, and maybe to rut, hm?"
He scratched the falcon affectionately on the head, then set off towards the dingy city limits, a battered-yet-servicable
steel trident strapped to his back beneath the cape.
Being a thirsty goatman at the end of the long time in the wilderness, his path lead him almost directly to the first tavern, which happened to be an inn called the Stein Haus.
He trots up to the bar, thunking one hand onto it with the falcon still perched on the other. "Frog-person! Give me drink!"
I offer up my single doubloon to buy perhaps a thimbleful of drink, then start sizing up the others in the room.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 07:09:23 pm »

Ghenjol looked around him before talking, as if he feared someone was listening.

"When do we strike, capt'n? I suggest we wait until the end of the storm, but you are the one giving orders... If you want, I could go outside and enter in a ship, and cut a few throats..."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 07:11:09 pm »

Adjusted the poncho he was wearing and pulled down the metal brim of his hat, An attempt to hide his appearence if anything, the large brute stuck out like a sore thumb at the bar

"Always reada to crack some heads...When to start?"
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 07:16:27 pm »

"If anything, we should take the ship during the storm, preferably at night. If the weather clears by dawn, we'll be setting of and they won't know what hit them"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 07:23:13 pm »

Yark'Tark instinctvely ducked under the batwing doors, an easy feat for his small size. He had learned that entering this way tended to not attract too much attention-most people only looked up from their tables when they heard the doors swing open...

He spotted Ghenjol talking to the captain, and weaved through the legs and feet of a few men to get to him.

He didn't exactly trust them, but he was broke anyway, and this was the only crew that would accept them after he had given the last ship he was on the runs for an entire week.

"Whatever you say captain...me and ol' shooty here will be ready." The Dragonfolk squeaked, patting his crossbow.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:13:43 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 07:33:33 pm »

"Typical. Y'all decided what we would do, but have no plan." Luci sinks her fangs over the edge of her glass and drinks the red wine she ordered briefly, "I suggest we join a group here, and grab a ship at sea."

The spiderwoman's complex eyes are totally motionless, but the facets easily scan the room, and consider the potentials. Without turning to face them, she gestures carefully in front of her to the soldiers seated in a corner behind her and speaks quietly, "Those lizards look like decent targets. A little money to get them drunk, and a little wenchy charm and we might be on board a military vessel that would be well suited fer 'adventure'." Luci smiles her fanged aracnid smile, "What do you think Cap'in?"
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 07:49:18 pm »

"Lizardmen serve their empire, wench. We don't want to go in a military campaign and die fighting some ratman army... We're pirates, damnit!"

He looks around again, and smiles.

"We don't need a really good plan... Me and the little one - I think you swim, tiny man? - get in a ship from behind, we take down as much guards as possible with our crossbows, and if need be I'll use a saber. Meanwhile, the brutes rush in and kill everybody, and we sail..."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »

"Heh, always count on the spidies to come up with the good plans." She gives Luci a wink. "You lot make sure they don't try to pull anything, And I'll see what I can do. I'll see if they can show me the ship, and once I'm onboard or there's no-one else around, you guys jump 'em."

*Icho got up and left her seat, wandering over to the soldiers*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 08:00:15 pm »

Brogas, bored already of waiting for service, turns from the bar, leaning his back against it and glancing across the room.
He shifts the falcon up to perch on one of his bulky shoulders, and watches the female goblin crossing the room intently for a moment, before shifting his gaze towards the group she approaches.
"Hah... Looks like maybe we find some fighting here soon, eh Moonswoop?" He grins to himself as he speaks softly to the bird on his shoulder.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 08:07:14 pm »

Yark nods to the Frogman.

"Yeah, I can swim. Practice helps...."

The  Dragonfolken then says something in Undercommon, under his breath. The Underdwelling Spiders in the party might have caught some of the words from it.

"and so will treading water for a week when your ship is sunk out from under you."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:14:21 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 08:09:37 pm »

Furtuka slithered back in to the tavern and rejoined the group having noticed that they appear to have already created a plan.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 08:10:22 pm »

"At least Lizardmen don't hang outlaws, they force them to join the military..."

Mumbling, Ghenjol walks towards Brogas and looks at his falcon, puzzled.

"You've got one too? I think he'll be happy to meet my dear Sharp..."

((I'm a frogman Dwarmin, and you're a dragonfolk ^^))

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »

Furtuka heads out into the storm.

The Docks are relatively deserted during the storm, but some people still have to work, or at least finish tying down their ships. There are dozens of ships, but only a few could be a suitable prize, considering their inadequate defences.

Junk, A one masted sailing ship of goblin construction and a recommended crew of 6, hardy ship. There are 6 people trying down goods with tarps. The sails are furled, about 20 blue vested porters are loading the ship, but they shouldnt put up a fight, they work for the porters guild.

Brig, A two masted sailing ship with a recommended crew of 12. 2 large Trueblood musketeers stand guard in front of the ship, there are lights on from below deck

Cutter, a Single Master ship with a recommended crew of 6, extra fast, is parked next to a war trireme flying the lizardman flag

longboat, A rowboat and single masted ship, can go upriver. 4 heavily armed bowmen bail out water.

Cog, Small single masted ship with a reccomended crew of 6, maneuvrable, has a pair of dogs chained to the mast. A section is walled off with a ceiling and everything

Ketch, 2 masts but small, reccomended crew of 10, fast and meneuvrable, it is being unloaded by a pack of magical Mudmen, overseen by a tall fellow and his armored bodyguard.

City: Grogmagrog
Deep Harbor

Furtuka can see a large area from his elevated position. there are 3 tiers heading down to the oceanside, each with its own row of buildings on the oversized step-like slopes. The dock is a wide boardwalk that extends along the coastline untill they reach the city walls. There are hastily set up shops and stalls on the docks, but they are mostly packed up. The Harbor is defended by an Iron turret with 2 cannons, and the city walls extend out a ways into the sea, ending in a guard tower set with a ballistae. Waves crash at its base. The storm pours torrential rains, it is late evening.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7