Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!  (Read 76138 times)

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2011, 12:47:39 pm »

I'll sign up.  I've got one offline and one online win, plus several characters with multiple runes which died for various reasons, so I guess that'd put me in the Axedwarves seeing as the Blacksmiths are full.

I'm Kamina on CAO.

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2011, 12:58:06 pm »

Somehow SpEn doesn't feel like godmode anymore in 0.8. Have I just forgotten how to play it, or are there new 'easy-mode' combos in the new version? DDNe still works like a Dispel Undead to a player ghost's hollow face, at least.

Sablis

• Bay Watcher
  • New account - Yunor
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2011, 01:14:59 pm »

Well, the 0.8 SpEn is hurt a lot by the Enchantments split (they have to invest in both Charms and Hexes -- no more dumping exp in Enchantments and calling it a day).

In 0.9 they got hurt by the hp and fighting nerf (no more ridiculous hp from fighting).
However, the new skill system allows spriggans to put xp into Spellcasting without victory dancing, so you'll probably have less food problems.

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2011, 01:53:50 pm »

For IRC, let's set up camp in #b12crawl on Freenode.

For online play, I recommend downloading Putty and following the directions. But then, I can't abide tiles. And no, I don't think there is any point in playing online until the tournament, unless you think you can get some impressive scores and want to show your stuff pre-tourney.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2011, 02:10:26 pm »

I'm on the IRC right now, but I'm the only person there besides Taxus at the moment. I suppose there's actually not much to talk about right now, but we could use some more people in the IRC. :-\
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:12:24 pm by Un67 »

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2011, 02:14:25 pm »

Well, the 0.8 SpEn is hurt a lot by the Enchantments split (they have to invest in both Charms and Hexes -- no more dumping exp in Enchantments and calling it a day).

In 0.9 they got hurt by the hp and fighting nerf (no more ridiculous hp from fighting).
However, the new skill system allows spriggans to put xp into Spellcasting without victory dancing, so you'll probably have less food problems.

Don't forget the Haste nerf.  And the biggest new problem for SpEn's is the new orb and orb chamber layouts (if you're teleporting).  If you use Shadow Creatures it's not much of a problem.

I'd say the new skill system offsets the Enchantments split.  You just need to put your experience in the right places.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2011, 02:25:53 pm »

drawing the sage and killing an ogre with a level 3 spriggan rod user also offsets most earlygame problems...
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2011, 10:56:29 pm »

I have never played this game before.

Can I join? :)
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Juraz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2011, 11:08:09 pm »

Sign me up with the Engravers. I've gotten runes once or twice but they're from times I got sent to the Abyss and was running around trying to get out, make it to the lair pretty often and have been beyond it on a few runs but I haven't played for awhile.

Will Alvein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2011, 09:08:58 am »

I'd like to join this year, last time I had quite some fun even though our team didn't do particularly well.
I guess I'm intermediate, since I have cleared the lair and the mines but never got any runes ;(

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2011, 10:43:20 am »

Welcome back Will, and welcome the rest of y'alls. Engravers are now complete! I've added another intermediate team, the Woodcutters. The tournament starts tomorrow, so let's think about finalizing the teams. We can still shuffle them till the 21st if we need to.

I know some people were were talking about playing CDO and not CAO, so I wanted to post this from the tourney info page:
For emphasis: clan membership lines should be added to your crawl.akrasiac.org 0.9 rcfile. Even if you're playing your games on crawl.develz.org, you must add clan membership information to your crawl.akrasiac.org 0.9 rcfile.

And lastly, come join us at #b12crawl on Freenode if you want to chat about Crawling.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2011, 11:49:08 am »

If I can I'd like to join, the furthest I've got is dungeon level 5 and i've been playing for two days so put me on peasants. Also, where's the rcfile for crawl?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:55:12 am by EmperorNuthulu »
Blargh.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2011, 12:16:41 pm »

Welcome back Will, and welcome the rest of y'alls. Engravers are now complete! I've added another intermediate team, the Woodcutters. The tournament starts tomorrow, so let's think about finalizing the teams. We can still shuffle them till the 21st if we need to.

I know some people were were talking about playing CDO and not CAO, so I wanted to post this from the tourney info page:
For emphasis: clan membership lines should be added to your crawl.akrasiac.org 0.9 rcfile. Even if you're playing your games on crawl.develz.org, you must add clan membership information to your crawl.akrasiac.org 0.9 rcfile.

And lastly, come join us at #b12crawl on Freenode if you want to chat about Crawling.

Which tells us who haven't been in a Crawl tournament before nothing? What do we need to do to get ready and how do we do it?

Also I think I'm on the right irc server, noone seems to be talking...

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2011, 12:42:08 pm »

If I can I'd like to join, the furthest I've got is dungeon level 5 and i've been playing for two days so put me on peasants. Also, where's the rcfile for crawl?

It's the "edit options" menu option.

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2011, 12:42:49 pm »

I have never played this game before.

Can I join? :)

Yes, you can.  You'll need to create an account on crawl.akrasiac.org  Then post your username here.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44