Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955774 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4935 on: January 01, 2015, 07:37:53 am »

Tom Bombadil Sim 2014

wait
2015*
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4936 on: January 01, 2015, 08:00:11 am »

AlleeCat is working on it.

IRL stuff means she hasn't made too much progress, but the project is there and alive (or at least re-animated).

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: January 01, 2015, 12:49:01 pm »

I have always thought of something along those lines too. Where do you start? Local cemetery? Recent battlefield? Do you rise linches to help you command? What would be more difficult or cost more? Zombies or skeletons? I have always liked to think that skeletons are harder than zombies because there's less to animate, hence it requires far more magic. Of course that's my opinion.

What about vampires? How do you angle them? Werebeasts and others. It would be very interesting.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: January 01, 2015, 12:54:49 pm »

I have always thought of something along those lines too. Where do you start? Local cemetery? Recent battlefield? Do you rise linches to help you command? What would be more difficult or cost more? Zombies or skeletons? I have always liked to think that skeletons are harder than zombies because there's less to animate, hence it requires far more magic. Of course that's my opinion.

What about vampires? How do you angle them? Werebeasts and others. It would be very interesting.

I would think skellies would be harder, since they lack a proper motion apparatus and all, and are harder to find, but would be tougher on account of not having much in terms of vital organs, so you just gotta smash 'em to pieces.

Zombies, on the other hand, come pre-equipped with... well, normal human parts, in various stages of decay, but still, but it would also mean you're piggybacking off of reanimated tissues doing the work for you, so they would be more susceptible to piercing damage than skellies, but the flesh would make them a bit more resilient against smashification.

E: And if you guys want to mess with that kinda thing, and have the original Mount and Blade (i.e. not Warband), there's the Solid and Shade mod which is pretty much exactly that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: January 01, 2015, 01:26:35 pm »

Eventually you become a vampire lord? A linch in it's tower? Endless possibilities.

Only that I would love to have all that as only a faction of a strategy game, that's it on that game you could play all the other factions too, humans, dwarves, elves, orcs, goblins... and each one have it's own perks, ways and possibly individual factions. With at least two maps, one for the surface and another for the underground where you play goblings, dwarves and other factions like it.

I was thinking the other about a game like total war where instead of the current "artificial" way of recruitment it would be more organic. For example if you start to play as a Gaul "barbarian" you start only with this village/tribe and if you want to have more troops or make a proper empire you'll have to fight/bribe/awe/diplo your way trough your neighbors, your influence rising and falling on the deeds of your leaders/faction finally unifying as many Gaul tribes under your command and then do what you will with them. Fight the romans back or awe them or even ally with them, make an empire, a republic, a kingdom... all the while other Gaul tribes strive to do the same. This will make you think and fight your way to more troops and resources but you'll get what they have, that's it, you won't be "recruiting" on the classical sense where you choose what to have, but you get what they have and that's it.

In contrast the Romans would be doing more or less the same, but they would be conquering by pen, coin or sword, and imposing quotas of either auxilias or recruits on each town (if citizenship has been granted on the kingdom, province or individual town).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:29:32 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: January 01, 2015, 01:38:08 pm »

A third person puzzle/partially horror game based on "what have they done to me", where you need to keep an eye on yourself (your avatar) as much as anyone else. It should range from very subtle (My feet aren't that size.) to blatant (I didn't sleep here, and OH GOD STOP BREAKING THINGS), and beyond your control. You can however learn it's tricks (for how long?), try countermeasures, and in movement and actions do all the typical things (why did they allow this?).

Will armour just hide things from me? What are the triggers? Today went well... are they bribing me?

Credit me when you make the game
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: January 01, 2015, 09:02:44 pm »

On undead:

I'd mention Warcraft 3 (I remember the necromancer/undead/Frozen Throne faction, and they were in the campaign).

Also Warlords Battlecry (all of them, I think) also have undead as a race (there are a ridiculous number of races in WBC3).

Both of those are real time and hero-with-army games. Neither have a real overworld conquering thing (There was that sort of thing in Warlords Battlecry 2, but Warlords Battlecry 3 has a different campaign system). I'm not sure how well WBC3 works on modern OSes. I tried running my copy (which I own on DVD) and it did not want to run at any kind of sensible resolution (I mean 1080p), though.

There's also Dominions 4, which is a turn-based strategy game but has some nations which are undead-centric. It has both in-combat spells to summon undead (the undead only last for that battle), as well as ritual undead-summoning spells which tend to require dead bodies in the land, IIRC. Some nations give you undead for free in each province and are designed for use with death scales (kills people in your dominion), but that leads to everyone in the world ganging up on you in MP, for obvious reasons. The more dead a province is, the less supply it has*, and if it lacks supply, that makes it particularly problematic for conventional troops to travel through it since they need supply to eat...

* = To be precise, the manual says:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: January 01, 2015, 09:07:02 pm »

I want a open world third person Shadowrun game. Dragonfall and returns are awesome rpgs, but there are so places a job can take you in the PnP and I'd like to see that.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4943 on: January 02, 2015, 04:41:52 am »

I'd mention Warcraft 3 (I remember the necromancer/undead/Frozen Throne faction, and they were in the campaign).

Last time this came up, I mentioned that as well. The downside is that reanimated skeletons are temporary, but with enough necromancers you can roll over everything.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: January 02, 2015, 09:19:00 am »

I want a open world third person Shadowrun game. Dragonfall and returns are awesome rpgs, but there are so places a job can take you in the PnP and I'd like to see that.

uh well we had that shadowrun 2007 game, which despite mixed reviews from asshat critics, I think most players mentioned to me that it was awesomesaucetm

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: January 02, 2015, 10:03:07 am »

A game with Skyrim level mod support and community that's actually a very good game to begin with. (At least not 'meh' like Skyrim is. Personal opinion though.)
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: January 02, 2015, 10:53:27 am »

uh well we had that shadowrun 2007 game, which despite mixed reviews from asshat critics, I think most players mentioned to me that it was awesomesaucetm
That was a piece of fps trash that was so bad it made the makers of the PnP say its not even a shadowrun game.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: January 02, 2015, 12:45:21 pm »

A Dwarf Fortress with a good UI.

Maybe 2050? With luck?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: January 02, 2015, 01:31:00 pm »

Maybe 2050? With luck?

DF UI is perfect. Once you learn it it's infinitely quick. INFINITELY. QUICK.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: January 02, 2015, 06:48:22 pm »

Maybe 2050? With luck?

I'm not sure what else could really be done with it, if you're keeping to the constraint of a keyboard driven interface. Its a pretty dense game. It just could use polish, but the UI isn't even 'done' yet.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 577