Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956669 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4695 on: November 21, 2014, 03:04:48 am »

Its kinda of lacking the lanes, the two separate teams of heros.

The tower mechanic, the base to defend, creeps.
No towers, one team has a base, and there are sort of creeps in the form of wildlife, except they do not belong to a team.

Really it's an awful lot like an asymmetric MOBA.

No its not. The gameplay loop is different. If you're just going to apply it this broadly, then then TF2 is a moba.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: November 21, 2014, 04:43:16 pm »

Gengame, Gengame Two: Gen Harder, SBURB. Yes I would definately be willing to bring about the apocalypse just so I can faf around with alchemy. Especially if every player is in the same session regardless of chains. So many homestucks. So many cool item components. Conversing on mspa forums and coordinating the final attack. So many zodiacs in the new universe.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: November 22, 2014, 07:46:54 pm »

No its not. The gameplay loop is different. If you're just going to apply it this broadly, then then TF2 is a moba.
It isn't?
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: November 22, 2014, 07:56:09 pm »

Gengame, Gengame Two: Gen Harder, SBURB. Yes I would definately be willing to bring about the apocalypse just so I can faf around with alchemy. Especially if every player is in the same session regardless of chains. So many homestucks. So many cool item components. Conversing on mspa forums and coordinating the final attack. So many zodiacs in the new universe.
I'd like to play Sburb provided I don't have to deal with any Trolls. Hivebent was when Homestuck completely lost me. You can ask me to do many things, Hussy, but you can't convince me to be attached to twelve fucking characters, Jesus Christ.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: November 22, 2014, 09:15:19 pm »

I'd like to play Sburb provided I don't have to deal with any Trolls. Hivebent was when Homestuck completely lost me. You can ask me to do many things, Hussy, but you can't convince me to be attached to twelve fucking characters, Jesus Christ.
Don't worry. I skipped most of hivebent and most of the trolls died before they mattered  after that. Plus they might not be trolls. They could be cherubs or other humans or something else or nothing at all.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: November 22, 2014, 10:05:25 pm »

Don't worry. I skipped most of hivebent and most of the trolls died before they mattered  after that. Plus they might not be trolls. They could be cherubs or other humans or something else or nothing at all.
I tried skipping through most of Hivebent and got horribly confused. In a bad way, not the traditional Homestuck way.
Dammit, Andrew. You draw me in with the best depiction of modern tweens (Loath as I am to use the word) I've seen and then you give me a mandatory chapter with a mass of mostly unpleasant characters mixed with vital plot information.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: November 23, 2014, 01:13:41 am »

Sonic Adventure, but if controlling the camera wasn't like threading a needle. The cinematic auto-camera works great for Sonic's missions and absolutely nothing else so far. The manual camera might work better, but I can't map it to my controller properly. :/

It's weird; SA1 is like 60% brilliant game to 40% early 3D awkwardness. It's the only Sonic game that's actually sucked me in with its narrative, anyhow.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: November 23, 2014, 02:20:48 am »

Those facial animations, though. *1000 yard stare*
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: November 23, 2014, 02:23:11 am »

Those facial animations, though. *1000 yard stare*

That, and parts of their faces just bounce around for no reason and generally stay animated long after the sound clip has finished.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: November 23, 2014, 06:11:30 am »

A first perspective game where you are crewing a large space cruiser as an engineer in war time. As the ship is pummeled by enemy fire, it's your job to help keep it from falling apart. As you progress you expand your skills and tools to meet new challenges. You go from a low level wrench monkey to chief of engineering directing repair crews to combat explosive decompression, fires, cut power lines and so on. Combine with some RPG elements and a bit of a plot.

A first perspective game where you are a battlefield medic in the trenches. A bit like Toady's WWI medic, but perhaps set in an alternative history scenario with slightly more developed technology. Again you start out a low level guy, and work your way up to chief surgeon directing teams and setting up field hospitals.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: November 23, 2014, 09:43:16 pm »

A GTA-style sandbox action game featuring every Nintendo property. Every one of them.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: November 23, 2014, 10:05:07 pm »

A first perspective game where you are crewing a large space cruiser as an engineer in war time. As the ship is pummeled by enemy fire, it's your job to help keep it from falling apart. As you progress you expand your skills and tools to meet new challenges. You go from a low level wrench monkey to chief of engineering directing repair crews to combat explosive decompression, fires, cut power lines and so on. Combine with some RPG elements and a bit of a plot.
I'd play that.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: November 23, 2014, 10:19:43 pm »

I'd play that.
As would I. Maybe add some multiplayer stuff?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4708 on: November 24, 2014, 02:14:06 am »

I'd love a procedurally generated first person dungeon crawler, with a spell crafting system like Legend: Son of the Empire's or maybe Magic Maker's. Destructible environment and multiplayer too, preferably.

I think there's a reason this game doesn't exist, unfortunately.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: November 24, 2014, 07:32:18 am »

Hella Funtime Adventure Friends would be the greatest thing.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 577