Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 957576 times)

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2011, 08:11:56 am »

This:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B

Only with an AI that makes everything I say into good Vidja Gaems.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 24, 2011, 09:18:54 pm »

I've always wanted to play a game where you start out as a soldier on the front lines, but as you move up ranks throughout the game it turns more into a strategy as you start to command squads, then companies, and ending with you general of the military. I've seen plenty of blends between strategy and FPS, but none quite like this.

This is exactly what I have wanted as well...start as a wee little man all the way up to leading a country (if its medieval based maybe) or something

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 25, 2011, 12:35:59 am »

I've always wanted to play a game where you start out as a soldier on the front lines, but as you move up ranks throughout the game it turns more into a strategy as you start to command squads, then companies, and ending with you general of the military. I've seen plenty of blends between strategy and FPS, but none quite like this.

This is exactly what I have wanted as well...start as a wee little man all the way up to leading a country (if its medieval based maybe) or something
Reminds me of Battleground Europe. Start out as a recruit serving as little more than fodder while learning the ropes, later become a sergeant with the ability to lead squads, after lieutenant you can potentially get into the high command and start managing brigades. Would obviously take dedicated play to become a general, though. All the while you're still perfectly capable of being a field soldier, and most don't even want to lead.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2011, 02:22:59 pm »

An Open World RPG based on Vampire: The Requiem where you play a vampire living in a randomly generated city, doing randomly generated quests for the various factions and siding with/being betrayed by randomly generated characters.

Basically Grand Theft Auto meets Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines meets a Roguelike.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:28:54 pm by MorleyDev »

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 25, 2011, 02:50:25 pm »

Economy and City simulator.

Start as person in village/town/city.
Get or make job. (Even out of home? Why yes!)
Companies expand or are generated based on city need.
Basically very similar to how I imagine I'd play Dwarf Fortress 1.0.

No friggin' Capitalism II style time limit. (What about age?  That's what children are for! They affect demand, too, you know.)
Nor Tycoon style only one kind of business.

Hell, it'd even be nice if I could set up my own company chain of command.
(Drag and drop employee pictures? Or in the case of a roguelike, just picking them out of a list of lower employees)
But I'd be perfectly fine without.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:52:44 pm by h3lblad3 »
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 25, 2011, 09:09:35 pm »

I wish there was some sort of tribal simulator, where you control a nomadic tribe of pre-historic humans.  You cannot farm, you can only hunt, which means you have to move around from time to time to find game.  You can either ally or declare war on other tribes, using weapons like spears and axes ( no bows ).  Each of your tribals has a personality ( a la DF ) and each has a particular loyalty meter.  If the loyalty is high, you can control them like any normal character.  If their loyalty is low, they won't do actions they don't like, and may eventual rebel and leave your tribe, starting one of their own, and he will remember you.  That way, grudges and feuds between tribes can form. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 25, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »

I would like a survival horror game with extra emphasis on survival. You'd have to forage or hunt for food, drink, even sleep to stay alive. Wounds would strike a balance between realistic (lots of leg damage might force you to crawl, for example) and standard video game (can be healed quickly with the proper medicine). The game would focus less on slaying hundreds of monsters and more on a desperate struggle to stay alive and safe. There should also be a massive, Dwarf Fortress-like level of customization (skilled melee fighter, novice carpenter, adept pharmacist, etc). Three good scenarios:

You wake up on a deserted island. No other humans around, but definite weird stuff (perhaps aliens?)

You are in a forest, and all of your buddies are dead. Local wildlife has been mutated or driven bloodthirsty.

Zombie apocalypse in a big city. Classic slow zombies here, and a single bite can eventually kill zombify you if you don't have a cure in your inventory.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 25, 2011, 10:42:04 pm »

So a Day of the Triffids kinda game? In that the focus is on rebuilding society rather than killing all the bad guys.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 25, 2011, 11:07:15 pm »

Hmm, not really. The focus in my dream game(s) would be to either get the hell out of the area, or figuring out whatever is going on and stopping it. Lots of potential enemies, few resources to fight them with, and the possibility of exhaustion or starvation providing a background source of dread.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2011, 02:03:02 am »

... tribal simulator ...

You should look into Kings Of Dragons Pass.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2011, 02:06:09 am »

... tribal simulator ...

It's not free, right?  If it isn't free, I ain't getting it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 26, 2011, 04:59:44 am »

... tribal simulator ...

It's not free, right?  If it isn't free, I ain't getting it.
It's from the previous millennium.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 26, 2011, 05:39:35 am »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 26, 2011, 05:43:53 am »

this game

I guess I'd like it if people would actually link to games as well.

Thank goodness I don't click on links in forums unless I know what they are.

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 26, 2011, 05:44:53 am »

^This.Also you can choose timeline,rank country nationality religion and might do a coup de tat or be a pretender to a throne.
You just can't trust allies
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 577