Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240163 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3090 on: July 27, 2013, 11:27:23 am »

I got the Abaddon mace... meh. Would've preferred the Kunkka sword, or pretty much anything besides the silly Lone Druid cauldron.

Also, ranter: The Kunkka sword adds a whale to your Torrent animation. Yes, a whale. I think that should answer the question as to "which one should I use?"  ;)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: July 27, 2013, 11:33:00 am »

You should always be picking SD, regardless if they have Warlock or not.

Are you referring to that old video of mine, or just saying how good SD really is?  :P
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: July 28, 2013, 10:07:21 am »

Also, ranter: The Kunkka sword adds a whale to your Torrent animation. Yes, a whale. I think that should answer the question as to "which one should I use?"  ;)
I know, but the finblade looks good. Really really good. Good enough to chose it over the whale.

EDIT: First match with the new Huskar
http://i.imgur.com/Z9Qz35v.jpg
Yeeeeeah. The death was from dancing in the fountain though
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:49:52 am by ranter »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: July 28, 2013, 01:54:42 pm »

Ah yes. The ol' Huskar vs no-stun team.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: July 28, 2013, 02:31:25 pm »

Yup. Huskar hates pure damage (ignores magic resist) and stuns. For this reason, Bane is his worst nightmare, literally and figuratively.  ;)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: July 28, 2013, 03:22:33 pm »

Tinker too, since his pure damage also does 100% miss chance.

There's quite a lot of heroes that can crush him with pure damage if you think about it...

Spectre has her "1v1 me bro" pure damage autoattacks as well as pure damage dispersion.

Outworld Indegadadababyovourer, Silencer and Enchantress all have pure damage orbs.

Shadow Demon's soul catcher is actually pure damage. I don't know if this is before or after resistances but any damage amplified by soul catcher is pure damage. That's 50% of pure damage jezus that guy is so broken.

Templar Assassin's psi blades splash pure damage. Provided she's not attacking him directly.

Blade mail is pure damage. One of the best ways to fight him provided he has no BKB.

Pudge hook also pure damage.

Almost everything Timbersaw does is pure damage, it's hilarious against Huskar.

---------

That being said, Huskar is still an absolute monster to fight in lane though.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: July 28, 2013, 09:03:36 pm »

I crushed many a farmed carry with Undying. They don't seem to understand how ridiculous a maxed out decay coupled with zombies is. Stealing over 30 strength a teamfight is a big boost.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3097 on: July 29, 2013, 05:07:14 am »

Almost everything Timbersaw does is pure damage, it's hilarious against Huskar.

Another reason timber is my fav hero. love seeing a huskar complain when I 1v1 him, no brb for me, and win.
Oh, and can anyone beat my Timber record? 21/0/13~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: July 29, 2013, 07:40:47 am »

I can!  1/15/7, co-op bot game.  I'm not entirely sure what it is I'm doing, but I am terrifyingly bad with Tim.

Luckily, the peeps in that match where quite forgiving...  Wound up playing the next match with one of them as well, and randomed Clinkz before hammering the bots into submission for their grievances.  But I would really like to get better with Timbersaw, I like the dude.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: July 31, 2013, 01:51:32 pm »

And now the shitty cauldron I bought for less than a key is fucking awesome. In Valve we trust.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: July 31, 2013, 02:44:18 pm »

And now the shitty cauldron I bought for less than a key is fucking awesome. In Valve we trust.
Yep i'm happy I got it now good thing I did not sell it  :D

So people ready for TI3 it starts on the 2nd well the wild card match and the solo tournament.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: July 31, 2013, 05:15:13 pm »

All hail the one king. Gaben.

I've gotten pretty attached to my VS weapon and after seeing the Whaleblade in action I'm not fancying that much any more. The whale's tail will block your view of the hero you just torrented for a good second or so. It's actually quite annoying since you can't really see which way he's trying to turn or if he's preparing for a blink or casting a spell, etc.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: July 31, 2013, 05:40:11 pm »

The torrent lifts the hero so i dont think the whale is in the way, the same as the water never got in the way either. Also im not even close to the skill level where that 0.5 seconds would make a reasonable diference :P. So i wouldnt complain xD.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: July 31, 2013, 06:31:09 pm »

It's actually less than 0.5 seconds. I'd say it's about 0.2 seconds where it obscures your vision.

Seems tiny, but it's extremely annoying for me.

Mrm... how to describe it.

It's as if Tidehunter ulted your target every time you used torrent or someone with the item used torrent. Those tentacles obscure your vision for just a moment but it's enough to confuse you and if you notice... every time Tide ults your eyes have to scan for your target again.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: July 31, 2013, 07:04:21 pm »

Hmm guess you are right, it does happen with the ravage, but i never noticed it with the torrent or the rubics lift, weird.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 246