Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239965 times)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2640 on: May 28, 2013, 12:12:09 pm »

Midas rush is pretty common in x2, because you know, more levels, more IMBA skills. They just never got a chance to finish it. Specially after I hit 6. And Yeah, pudge left at about ~15 min, even if he had cood skills, like curse of the silent.

By the way, rapier isn't x2 in x2. That makes me sad.

And yeah, naga took a nerf in everything BUT her ult, which was what everyone thought was OP and should be nerfed. And now you see her only as situational, not as naga cannon. The big nerf was vacuum not working while naga ult was up. That's IF at action.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: May 28, 2013, 12:58:26 pm »

The problem with morph now is that he has no early or mid game he the same hero late game but he trash until then unlike say naix/gyro/ld they can get kills in the early and mid game he can't really.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: May 28, 2013, 01:38:29 pm »

Does anyone fare well when compared to Gyro? I mean he can do level 1 solo ganks and has excellent late game scalling. The only thing he can struggle with is mediocre initial damage, so if he doesn't free farm, he can get denied easily by a number of heroes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:40:16 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: May 28, 2013, 01:43:46 pm »

I played vs a morphling yesterday but he kinda went all agi at like 3 min and had like 250 hp I'm not sure if he knew how to play his hero  http://dotabuff.com/matches/205215020
I was solo mid gyro sad that a void pretty much killed everyone

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: May 28, 2013, 01:46:32 pm »

Is that a Dagon 5 on him? Seems like the game could end 20 minutes sooner  :P

I like people who play Enchantress, it's.. different.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: May 28, 2013, 01:48:37 pm »

Is that a Dagon 5 on him? Seems like the game could end 20 minutes sooner  :P

I like people who play Enchantress, it's.. different.
he bought that right at the end when we were taking there tier 3's

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: May 28, 2013, 01:51:03 pm »

Naw, but with a coordinated team he can steal kills.  And early on, before he gets Eblade, he can morph strength to bump up his survivability and then have a pretty nice stun to help out everyone else.  3-second instastun on a 10-second cooldown?  There are worse abilities out there...  Especially since his waveform damage isn't affected by his focusing strength, so it's still a decent early nuke on its own.

And it's not like Void or AM and their kin are particularly effective early on either.

Naga to me just seems like a Cancer Lancer Lite.  She's got some sweet abilities and slightly greater individual versatility because of it, but just can't match the Lancer's swarm and pushing ability.  More of a team player than a player team.  Still though, against illusion-vulnerable targets?  Gawddamn.  Especially with that 5-second root and her armor debuff...  And her ult can make for a hilarious entrance because she can just sidle up to her preferred target and Manta+Mirror to get all 6 of her right next to them and just start the slaughter.

I've started to develop unhealthy infatuations with specific items...  Before I was madly in love with Ring of Basilius, but now I'm building Soul Ring on loads of peeps.  Centaur, Juggernaut, Treant...  All great candidates.  Nowadays it's actually fairly rare I build anything off the default Valve recommended items, so I have to customize my own builds just to have an easy-access menu, haha.

And next time I roll Leoric, I'm building Blade Mail.  Just for kicks.  Also Soul Ring, because that synergizes just too well with him.

EDIT:  Oh, haha, Dagon...  I just played a game recently where someone played Dagon Void.  Rushed an early Dagon, then Blink Dagger and...  Something else, I forget.  That's even more ridiculous than my Manta Void build.  Hilarious fun though.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: May 29, 2013, 01:19:46 am »

I erm, I'm one of those people who if theres any lack of burst on my team at all or if the enemy team is squishy.. I get dagon.  I think my history awhile ago had a l5 dagon on every single hero I played and half of them were carries.
Nom nom nom

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: May 29, 2013, 02:38:20 am »

In the laughable Na'vi vs QPAD match where there were only 2 QPAD members playing, Dendi went Sniper mid and got Blink Dagger.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: May 29, 2013, 04:12:10 am »

I erm, I'm one of those people who if theres any lack of burst on my team at all or if the enemy team is squishy.. I get dagon.  I think my history awhile ago had a l5 dagon on every single hero I played and half of them were carries.

In the list of my crimes, the first place goes to buying Dagon 5 on.. QoP  :o

T'was a fun game. Superdwarvenly so.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: May 29, 2013, 04:31:59 am »

And next time I roll Leoric, I'm building Blade Mail.  Just for kicks.  Also Soul Ring, because that synergizes just too well with him.

EDIT:  Oh, haha, Dagon...  I just played a game recently where someone played Dagon Void.  Rushed an early Dagon, then Blink Dagger and...  Something else, I forget.  That's even more ridiculous than my Manta Void build.  Hilarious fun though.
Soul Ring should be core on Leoric for Reincarnate.

And that sounds like a blinkin' slammin' Void.. :D
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: May 29, 2013, 04:37:06 am »

*coughs nervously*  Who's leoric?  Is that skeletonking?  In which case soul ring is pretty much a must.
Nom nom nom

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: May 29, 2013, 06:03:17 am »

In the laughable Na'vi vs QPAD match where there were only 2 QPAD members playing, Dendi went Sniper mid and got Blink Dagger.

I've done that before. If you solve mana pool problems, it is really, really good. They'll never catch you before you kill them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: May 29, 2013, 09:11:38 am »

I never use soul ring on Leoric.  He has one active skill with the same mana cost, just manage your mana better and get your armlet 800 gold faster.
Shoes...

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: May 29, 2013, 09:50:45 am »

I never use soul ring on Leoric.  He has one active skill with the same mana cost, just manage your mana better and get your armlet 800 gold faster.
And a tiny, tiny mana pool. Soul ring allows you to use your stun whenever you need it or to have reincarnation when you have blowed your mana early. One thing is managing your mana, another being able to stun in fights whenever the blast is off CD
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 246