Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239303 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1110 on: November 08, 2012, 10:43:08 pm »

If you guys have the time, you can read this: http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517562

Then you can see what IMBA really means. :P Here's a teaser:
Looking at Chen's normal skills - Stormbolt, Critical Strike, and Spiked Carapace - one might easily confuse him for another Leoric, or Sven, or Nessaj...and they're right. Chen, back in the old days, was a strength-based 600 range hero with amazing skills and could easily be transformed into a powerful tank

Edit: Also, check out what dropped for me. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107362145

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 08, 2012, 11:11:45 pm »

The Dark Terminator look petty imba  :P

And nice jug ward
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 09, 2012, 03:38:35 am »

Yeah DOTA has come a long way from those old versions. I believe in the past Chen could persuade bajilion creeps at the same time, it wasn't that fun playing against him :D.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 09, 2012, 06:09:12 am »

To think, those are the versions Guinsoo and others of League of Legends fame lorded over.

New champions in League don't seem so out of place now...

And hoo boy, do I remember Gambler. And Ward Riki. And global ult Faceless Void, but he didn't get a mention in there, back in the days where the stun from a Basher stacked with his passive, with no cooldown. And the original, 31 spell Invoker. I'm sad they didn't add the Intelligence morphable Morphling, because there were some interesting builds to be had with that.

I've been playing this game for far too long.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:22:39 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 09, 2012, 09:41:05 am »

For the first time ever in my MOBA playing career I decided to random in a public matchmade game.

I got Viper though, that barely counts.  Seriously, I'm gonna play the shit out of him once Diretide is over and I have to play real games.  He reminds me of Urgot and Cass, if you make any kind of mistake in lane he's gonna kill you.
Shoes...

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 09, 2012, 10:23:26 am »

Viper's apparently a solid hero; I think I've only played him once.

One thing that weirds me out is the fact that apparently Pudge is super popular in pub, but I've only seen him once or twice. Even when he misses 90% of his hooks, he still manages to basically be a better version of Spirit Breaker. :/

I'll be able to play in a few hours if that group is up? :)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 09, 2012, 10:35:55 am »

Viper is a pubstar. By no means does that mean he's bad, but he's really good at ganking. REALLY good at ganking. Hence pubstar.

Similar heroes include Ursa, Pudge, Riki, Spirit Breaker, etc. Notice that heroes like Pudge and Riki do actually get picked in comp games too. So by no means are they bad, but they're great for uncoordinated pub games where ganking is the name of the game.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 09, 2012, 01:27:53 pm »

I think the main reason viper is so liked is because
a) He is quite tanky
b) He can deal a nice amount of damage without items
c) Slows
Only one or two of these would not be enough, but all three make him a great all rounder and a hero anyone can feel comfortable with.

Also, here's my dotabuff link
https://dotabuff.com/players/41023461

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 09, 2012, 02:50:54 pm »

Woo! I was just informed it's a long weekend this weekend and every single road has been snowed in! So I have an excuse to tell people when I say I can't go anywhere! Dota 2 weekend!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 09, 2012, 04:45:09 pm »

So are you up for a in house then?

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 09, 2012, 04:47:58 pm »

We should start disusing day and time of the inhouse, i would prefer if its not during night, becouse i tend to go out.

EDIT: Im UTC -3 ,this might prove to be difficult.
EDIT2: When i say i go out its usually around 11PM.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:03:27 pm by ukulele »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 09, 2012, 04:56:06 pm »

What your time zone I'm pretty much up all the time so anytime good for me~ Mine UCT -7~

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 09, 2012, 05:44:52 pm »

Alkhemia has founded the DF - Dota 2 Chapter here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DF-Dota

I dislike timezones, so I'll just join if you guys have it when I'm there.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 09, 2012, 07:18:57 pm »

Alkhemia has founded the DF - Dota 2 Chapter here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DF-Dota

I dislike timezones, so I'll just join if you guys have it when I'm there.
Go join it if you have not already people we have 12 members at the moment

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 09, 2012, 08:29:20 pm »

make that 13 members :D  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008095944/  add me anytime guys :)
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 246