Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239228 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #885 on: September 17, 2012, 03:48:42 pm »

Add kunkka to the mix and you have a total team wipe
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 17, 2012, 04:23:48 pm »

Yeah, there's a lot of combos with team-wiping abilities, but getting everyone in a vacuum, having the entire team's abilities off cooldown, making sure everyone has enough mana, and making sure everyone uses them in unison is a task worthy of the gods.

I'd rather build a team that can wipe teams without having to micromanage my entire team, but eh.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 17, 2012, 04:27:52 pm »

Vaccuum is the reason ds is banned.  His ult is nice, but tools to change your opponents positioning are better.

Teamfight teams fail in that you'll lose to split push.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 20, 2012, 09:01:10 am »

And the next hero is Meepo, instead of techies. Also, Sunsfan's video is hilarious when it comes to the aghanim's function.

I'm waiting for someone with a godly micro to be farming in all three lanes and both jungles at the same time, poofing whenever a Meepo is in danger and getting a full build at 30 minutes mark

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 20, 2012, 10:37:07 am »

My eyes are too rounded, i can barely micro visage or chen.

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 20, 2012, 10:57:54 am »

Feeding week officially begins tonight.

As a decent Geomancer player myself, I think I'll wait a week or two, when everyone is so used to fail Meepos that they don't see the real power of the hero.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 20, 2012, 11:12:51 am »

I pretty much only play match made when I can play with my buddy, so I'll probably random meepo a couple times before I see him in a real game.

On the other hand, I'm too used to getting like 600 gpm in bot games.  Hell, I've done a few matches where I just farm well with a carry and get more gold than the people on my team who are hero farming.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 21, 2012, 12:17:45 am »

My eyes are too rounded, i can barely micro visage or chen.
Lol... what does that even mean...?

I don't think my skill level is high enough that I would actually encounter anyone devoted or crazy enough to micro Meepo well enough to matter. And my skill level is pretty good I think, 60% win rate with over 100 games played. I barely see anyone able to play Visage as it is. Chen once in awhile, but they all suck.

I can totally see his power, I think everyone can. But he's almost impossible for the average person to play as far as I know. I'm immediately putting him next to Visage at my bottom right hand corner to never ever be picked ever.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 21, 2012, 11:24:22 am »

And after randoming him, now omniknight goes in the same tag of Awesome in my team, "Oh fuck" in the enemy team.

Just had a match where we were winning by a lot and got backdoored by a lycan. He alone won the match.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 21, 2012, 11:37:16 am »

Sounds like you failed to get a carry or your carry failed to do his only job in the early and mid game.  Lycan isn't good late.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 21, 2012, 01:03:58 pm »

But he is good at backdooring!

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #896 on: September 21, 2012, 05:18:39 pm »

Are people accepting key trades for beta invites? A friend told me this since he's in, but I didn't know where that would take place at. Are folks who are in currently able to invite a friend?

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 21, 2012, 06:41:22 pm »

Just a PSA:  If you build an AD style tiny without the required synergy, I will flame you.  I know, Lanm's tiny was incredible and loin quivering.  That's why I don't want to see scrubs destroy my memory of those games by corrupting and degrading that game-play.

It doesn't help when you feed 4 kills to a solo rooftrellen in the first 7 minutes

Let's be clear, you don't have to have wisp in a game for that to work.  But you have to understand that it's not a solo-mid tiny build and you aren't as effective a ganker.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:42:56 pm by Rez »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 21, 2012, 09:46:47 pm »

Are people accepting key trades for beta invites? A friend told me this since he's in, but I didn't know where that would take place at. Are folks who are in currently able to invite a friend?
If you want to get a cheap invite for the price of dota keys, you can just grab 3 keys off the dota store and trade them at places like the Reddit DotA traders place or things like that. I don't have a spare invite any more myself or I would give it to you.

At the rate the game is going though, it'd probably be out of beta within a few months.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 23, 2012, 11:45:18 pm »

Just noticed they added Meepo. My pleas were heard!
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 246