Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239782 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2085 on: March 08, 2013, 02:44:02 pm »

I have never seen such a massive ancient stack. Seriously.

Edit: This is what the new Lina set's particles look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPXGDwdvYM8

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 09, 2013, 04:12:09 pm »

Riiii~~~~~~~~cing. Damn those games where people have so much at stake. Specially the chinese. I wished iG at least had showed some of it's early game aggression, but not even that.

At least the victory odds were safe enought to bet some items. Now I have a new flower staff of the peace-bringer.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 09, 2013, 08:11:25 pm »

That's kinda why I didn't bother to watch the G-League. I knew it'd be super boring ultra long games.

Chaosdwarft invited me into a couple more RPS Dota 2 5v5s so cheers to him! I got to play Chen for the first time in history. I could never practice him or even play him before as if you try to Chen in bot games... well... you kinda need your bots to help you when you're ganking. So I basically went in completely blind. Was pretty fun, ganked nonstop and got Scepter and Mek in 30 minutes for neverending heals. Noticed a few things I didn't realize Chen would have problems with.

For example, I kept running out of creeps to use. Maybe I suicide them way too much as I treat them the same as Furion's treants. I have to remember not to do that from now on. I think this might also be related to how everyone was fighting literally nonstop. I don't think there was 10 seconds of peace time the whole game. Another thing was when I used a Wildkin to tornado mid lane, but what that meant was that I completely gimped myself in the jungle. Need to remember not to do that either.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 09, 2013, 10:36:03 pm »

Thank you for the money, by the way.

12 second ult cooldown on Clockwerk? Turns out it's a pretty good thing to get 20 minutes into the game. I think I ended with something like 20-30 kills and two deaths. Reverse Captains mode OP GG.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 09, 2013, 11:11:56 pm »

Thank you for the money, by the way.

12 second ult cooldown on Clockwerk? Turns out it's a pretty good thing to get 20 minutes into the game. I think I ended with something like 20-30 kills and two deaths. Reverse Captains mode OP GG.

Clock in reverse captain's? O_o He's a very viable pick if you look at the metagame these days. He's a good offlaner who can deliver constant harass while initiating and can also sorta carry if the worst comes to the worst.

HUSKARRRR

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 10, 2013, 12:04:44 am »

23/5 Tiny in another exciting edition of...

EVERYONE FED BUT ME!

Playing antimage, farming all day long. I harass the Bounty Hunter out of lane, farm. Farm some more, kill BH when he comes back like 5 minutes later and die to a Tiny 5 levels above me and already 9/0. At this point there's not really anthing I can do but hope I can carry hard enough if I farm forever and a day. I, in fact, cannot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At least the NP admitted he was terrible and apologized. Can't really blame someone for being bad at Dota, as long as they don't call you a faggot then DC.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 10, 2013, 12:32:01 am »

-snip-
I had a very similar situation, because phantom assassin was already outfarming me because of being given kills constantly.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 10, 2013, 02:05:08 am »

23/5 Tiny in another exciting edition of...

EVERYONE FED BUT ME!

Man, I hate that game. Especially when the "me" is another guy on my team.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 10, 2013, 02:21:00 am »

Tsk tsk tsk... you guys...

If you wanna master the art of AM you need to learn how to AFK farm properly. Do not give in to the sin of helping your team. Or even listening to your team. Or giving any kind of fuck about your team at all. To play AM is to play solo 1v5. Your "team" is merely a crumbling wall holding back a tide on which they depend on you to barricade after you finish farming. Your purpose is to farm and split push forever, until you get a full item build. Then you go and win the game on your own.

If you're playing AM and you're not regarding your teammates as crappy bots, then you're playing him wrong. Hell, if you even have the audacity to have an assist next to your kill/death ratio... you have failed. Shamed your entire family.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 10, 2013, 07:56:35 am »

This is an appropriate time to link this pro AM gameplay commentary - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOlGkipXyU

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 11, 2013, 11:24:01 am »

I downloaded this recently and it just freezes when I try to play or look at builds. I have come to understand that multiple people are having this problem due to a recent patch. Does anyone know when this will be fixed? When the next patch is coming out?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 11, 2013, 02:04:25 pm »

A smart fellow posted a table of gold income from tower kills on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1a2jwz/tower_gold/

Basically, it tells us:
1. Letting creeps kill the tower actually gives more overall gold to the entire team.
2. Gold earned from the tower kill is reliable gold, whereas last-hit income from killing the tower is unreliable.
3. Getting a tower denied actually reduces your gold earned by more than half.

So essentially, what we can draw from this is that if you're a support that doesn't need gold... don't try to last hit the tower as you'll give less gold to your team. Furthermore, if you suicide yourself to last hit a tower, you will lose most of your gold earned. It's still better than letting it get denied though. Also, it's pretty damn worth it to suicide yourself to deny a tower since you'd have denied about a thousand gold.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 11, 2013, 02:53:26 pm »

I knew about 3, but 2 and particularly 1 surprise me. O_O

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 12, 2013, 10:11:49 am »

Gentlemen, you have to try rod of atos in ursa. It is AMAZING.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 12, 2013, 12:16:17 pm »

It does sound good now that I think of it, but what makes it better than force staff or blink? :)
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 246