Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239772 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2070 on: March 06, 2013, 05:39:29 pm »

New patch not much but still good
GAMEPLAY
- Gyrocopter: Fixed Rocket Barrage firing while under effects like Disruption/Chronosphere/Doom/Hex.
- Gyrocopter: Fixed Flak Cannon hurting nightmared units without waking them up.
- Naga Siren: Fixed being able to purge Song of the Siren aura off of Naga Siren.
- Nyx: Fixed Spiked Carapace affecting Juggernaut during Omnislash.
- Outworld Devourer: Fixed Astral Imprisonment not draining enough mana from enemy heroes.
- Timbersaw: Fixed Whirling Death not doing enough damage against strength heroes.
- Fixed Maelstrom and Mjollnir being unable to proc if the initial target is Magic Immune.
- Tweaked Neutral Creep chase timings for the two small camps.
- Fixed a number of bugs in Mechanics I, including all known showstoppers.

UI
- Fixed holding alt causing smoked hero names to be shown on minimap when near truesight.
- Fixed your status showing as playing a local bot game if you were spectating a game
- Hero performance page is now sorted by total number of games played.
- Fixed Dire wins in the Team Game History tab showing up as losses.
- Fixed bug where Team Game History wasn't refreshing properly.
- The Teams List under Community now displays Teams in order of their most recently played match.
- There's now a dialog asking the player to rate their currently-used hero build (if it's not yet been rated).

AUDIO
- Music now plays in spectator and replay modes.

ITEMS
- Added Fiery Soul of the Slayer item for Lina.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: March 06, 2013, 06:51:19 pm »

oh god more rating spam.  The 'how was your enjoyment' already blocked out any last minute gg's and stuff, however will I survive.
Nom nom nom

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: March 06, 2013, 07:20:57 pm »

The rating stuff does make sense, at least - the game's still technically in beta, so asking for feedback is hardly an imposition by the developers.

Interested to see what the changes to Gyro and OD will mean for the metagame. Assuming Astral Imprisonment works like the rest of the 'Rocket Barrage stoppers' listed, might we see ODs in mid to counter Gyro? After all, Rocket Barrage is one of the best mid killers out there, but if OD can now shut it down Gyro doesn't have a lot of killing power left...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: March 06, 2013, 08:10:48 pm »

Asking for rating on builds seems like a bad idea, since the sort of people that use 3rd party builds are not the ones qualified to rate them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: March 06, 2013, 09:12:32 pm »

I don't know what they expect to get.

"There appears to be a distinct correlation between positive ratings and wins"

----------

Unrelated: I've always disliked playing Windrunner. I know she's good, and I know in my brain that she's good. But when I play her and when I see her all I can think about is "this hero does no damage". Even in a teamfight I just ignore her as other than her powershot she doesn't really do anything in my mind. Not to mention she's completely crap past the mid game. That's so weird since her skillset is so good (other than her ultimate). Keep in mind this mostly relates to a Windrunner that's expected to semi carry with some farm.

So I've been trying to find a way for me to play her while overcoming this mental obstacle where I just can't figure out what to do with her. The big issue I've had is that most guys tend to be able to waste an enemy within the duration of their CC, especially if they're dependant on it. Look at Lion, Lina, Lifestealer and Sven for example. Even Crystal Maiden can kill someone 1v1 in the duration of her frostbite with her ult. If you look at all the heroes, almost everyone can do this. Lone Druid entangles you, you die. Troll Warlord bashes you, you die. Huskar ults, you die. Etc. etc. But Windrunner can only do this maybe the first 10 minutes of the game. After that the enemy will almost always get away unless you have help. It is actually physically impossible for her to kill you 1v1 unless you have under 500hp or no way to escape because she's significantly faster or you're miles away from a tower or something. Even then she's so squishy you could probably just punch her in the face... if you could catch her that is.

Turns out all I have to do is build a Dagon. It gives her a crucial second nuke which she desperately needs to add to her powershot damage. This gives her great lategame potential as an 800 damage nuke on 14 second cooldown is very good on a hero that excels at running in and out of fights. From what I've seen, this damage is so much better than the DPS increase from MKB or Daedalus as it guarantees kills. To give a comparison, an MKB would have to hit and bash about 6 times to reach the same amount of damage. That takes about 5 seconds with Windrunner's attack speed of 1.13. No way Windrunner can do that in the spam of her Shackleshot without using her ult. So I'm pretty sure if I'm ever sent to mid or solo hard lane again, I'm just building a Dagon and screwing everything else.

In fact I might start building it on Weaver too for the same reason.

----------

Now I just need to find some way to build Ancient Apparition. I hate playing that guy so much. Even with Euls I feel so bleh playing him. If I get him it's almost a guaranteed loss. Any ideas?

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: March 06, 2013, 09:34:20 pm »

Dagon would also give WR some more right - clickiness due to the INT increase. :)
I like WR, but I can't play her as a semi - carry (lack of skill and the fact that team usually has 3 hard carries in it anyway). You do feel like a boss when you get a blind powershot off or a good shackleshot though.
I know everyone says her ulti is no good, and I'm inclined to agree, but does it stack with orby thing? Like Basher? MKB plus ulti could potentially be very annoying.

I don't know why everyone says Dagon is a bad item. Sure, it's not one of those 'get it on every INT hero' items, but I find it works well on most burst damage heroes (Nyx, Zeus, and sometimes Tinker come to mind). I quite like it on Bane because it can be combined with his Brain Sap to do a decent amount of damage into the late - game, so you can kill a target with it and save your ultimate for someone else. Otherwise you'd normally have to ulti them and finish them with the nuke.

Can't say much about AA except that his abilities are meh except for his ulti which is pretty damn good. Cold Feet is decent but you really need another stun to combo it with unless you're playing with noobs.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: March 06, 2013, 09:40:34 pm »

On the mention of dagon watch this game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJpv69uGVd4  game starts at 2 min
Poor EG I hope there spirit not crushed 

Sk with mana boots and dagon imba
Also ZAP!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:45:14 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: March 06, 2013, 10:27:57 pm »

EG is the team of forever throwing hahaha.

Korbac: Yeah, her ult works with all on-hit effects since it's just an attack speed modifier. Even Diffusal works which can be very trolly since you can OOM someone almost instantly. It has quite a lot of drawbacks, which is why people don't generally like it.

1. It only works on one target. If you switch targets it's done for. You can't even switch back. This is almost impossible to do on her given that all she does is run around kiting things. Having her stay on one single guy is pretty hard. That's why it mostly gets used on towers. Even then most creepwaves don't last long enough to take advantage of it.
2. The mana cost is crazy high. Until you get something like an Orchid you'd never be able to use it. This also means if you use it to try and push down a tower, you will barely have enough mana to powershot or shackleshot.
3. The DPS increase isn't that amazing until much later. Sure she gains max attackspeed, but given the fact that she moves around so much and her damage gets cut by such a big amount, the effect isn't particularly noticable until she has quite a few damage items. This damage reduction applies to items too, so even MKB's bash damage is reduced.

That's kinda why no one ever gets it until later. Kinda the same deal with Leshrac's ultimate.

As for why people generally dislike Dagon. It's mostly because past Dagon 1 it's super cost-inefficient. I believe it's the most expensive item in the game. Each level past level 1 is you paying 1300 gold for 100 extra damage on the nuke and 2 intelligence. On the other hand, what I found is that the hard part about playing with a Dagon is actually finishing the initial level 1. Just like Necrobook, the other levels are pretty easy to farm for it will come pretty fast.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 06, 2013, 10:36:45 pm »

oh also Navi ran a carry Windrunner in game 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uQ904F0sBs

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: March 06, 2013, 11:47:37 pm »

god that Na'vi vs EG game 2 was insane.  lasers everywhere.
Nom nom nom

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: March 07, 2013, 10:21:17 pm »

Matt blog is up http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/03/dota-2-6th-march/
Here the 35$ lina item
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Legion lady Commander texture
Kunkka ward
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:24:20 pm by Alkhemia »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: March 07, 2013, 11:51:54 pm »

I'm all for a female Legion Commander. But she has to be a super racist.

The only good non-human is a dead non-human.

NEVER TRUST AN ELF!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: March 07, 2013, 11:57:03 pm »

Ah, Valve, the world's greatest trolls.

Finally gives us a female Strength hero.

Makes her a racist SOB.  :P

vladris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: March 08, 2013, 10:58:28 am »

just have to said : well done to valve !  new updates every week,month..

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: March 08, 2013, 02:08:30 pm »

Best of 3 tournament match going on atm, VirtusProvsTeam Dignitas.  Here's a stream link if anyone wants.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 246