Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Humble Bundle (2+3) Giveaway/Contest!  (Read 995 times)

GT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Humble Bundle (2+3) Giveaway/Contest!
« on: August 03, 2011, 06:48:35 pm »

Hiya,

Been a lurker for a loooong time. With the great deal on the Humble Indie Bundle, figured I'd make my first post by giving away a copy for free...

Crayon Physics
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves
Steel Storm
Braid
Cortex Command
Machinarium
Osmos
Revenge of the Titans

Requirements: Please, only enter if you're really interested in playing at least a few of the games and can't afford it. It's cheap (just over $5 if you want to get the last five games as well, $0.01 for the rest).

Rules: A brief synopsis of a game you played - like an LP, but only from yourself. Just a brief overview of a game, however you want to write it. Creativity helps! The one I find most entertaining wins.
- Single post.
- Screenshots are welcome but not necessary.
- Any game you want, even one on the list if you're interested in playing the others.

That's pretty much it. 1 week from now (8/10 @ 7:30PM EST) I'll send whoever has the best LP the link for the gifted Humbie Indie Bundle 2+3 (already purchased) via PM.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:54:14 pm by GT »
That's a cigar in my avatar, not an illegal substance. Although by the way we dirty smokers are treated, might as well be illegal...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Bundle (2+3) Giveaway/Contest!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 07:10:35 pm »

Hm, maybe later I'll do a one-post LP. I always do LP's multi-post, and let people interact, but if you're reviewing for a contest I can see why you don't want to read the crazy long ones.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

GT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 07:13:40 pm »

Hm, maybe later I'll do a one-post LP. I always do LP's multi-post, and let people interact, but if you're reviewing for a contest I can see why you don't want to read the crazy long ones.

Well, just a brief synopsis would work. Maybe I should extend this beyond 24 hours, since people might need a little more time.
That's a cigar in my avatar, not an illegal substance. Although by the way we dirty smokers are treated, might as well be illegal...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 07:28:26 pm »

Giving a week for an entry would probably net you many more contestants!

Welcome to the forums btw! Nice to see another generous spirit dwarf!

GT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 07:55:10 pm »

Giving a week for an entry would probably net you many more contestants!

Welcome to the forums btw! Nice to see another generous spirit dwarf!

Yeah, you're right, better idea to give more time if people need to run a quick game to do an LP.

It doesn't need to be long - just entertaining. If you can make 15 minutes of Dwarf Fortress into a few paragraphs of interesting story, that works! :D Just has to be entertaining.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 08:48:45 pm »

Heheheh, I bought this as soon as I saw what it had, but I appreciate the generosity that's been floating around this board lately. OP, props to you for making a nice little giveaway-contest.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 10:39:21 am »

I'll definitely be entering, just finished a certain game with perfect timing! :)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 08:17:52 pm »

Up for people who haven't seen!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 11:21:09 am »

Whoo for Cave Story. Thought it'd be the perfect game, being one of the earliest, most awesome widespread indie games. Took a few days for me to start, as I wanted to play through the game and get the best ending so I remember it all :)

Spoiler: Cave Story (click to show/hide)

The game is freeware, and an English translation can be found at here! :)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 11:40:57 am »

Here's mine!

BRASS & STEEL

Captain Ross Walker CO of Charlie Company surveyed the road towards the nameless town ahead, a stone work church jutting well above the skyline between smaller buildings. He was to take the town in time for tea. He had no doubt that Jerry had other plans though, his scouts had already reported German presence in the town. He had radioed in for reconnaissance planes. Hopefully they would arrive soon.

Assets:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Advance

Hope you liked it!

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 12:34:51 pm »

Gonna write a brief synopsis here, that I may expand upon later.

Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword

Gonna add some more as soon as I get a chance to play and make screens.
Thank you based dwarf.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 07:59:11 pm »

I got the third Humble Indie bundle from somewhere else, so you can remove me from the running. :)

GT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 07:01:41 pm »

Good stuff so far, glad to see you putting effort into it! :D

Bumping for anybody who didn't see this and still wants in.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 07:08:37 pm »

Yes MOAR contestants!  I want to read more LPs please!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 07:18:20 pm »

If anyone would like, I was thinking of doing one of Atom Zombie Smasher (separate from this, since I got the pack).

Or a video. A video could be cool.