Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86056 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #525 on: December 17, 2011, 05:15:59 am »

herros kept his finger on the trigger and swung his gun around to target the coilgunner
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 17, 2011, 05:24:23 am »

Just... headshot the coil gunner.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 17, 2011, 07:04:11 am »

Amatin was amused with his comrades' choice of tactic. It was... refreshingly amateurish, concentrating fire like that - not something you'd encounter back in AMEF, or even with most mercenaries. At the same time, the streams of mini-explosions and tachyon thingies and arrows seemed to remove the guards' attention from Amatin himself, and he saw an opportunity to end the battle with two well-placed shots.
Knock the guards down by sending a rocket into the floor below them, then rise and finish the three Ensigns with a second rocket. Sit on the Elites if they try to get up.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:01:59 am by HmH »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 17, 2011, 11:00:59 am »

Enough waiting, move over the the bridge.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 17, 2011, 12:25:24 pm »

"Well this is going to be fun ..." Zakroff said as he began scanning the area for other possible exits.

Find a maintenance hatch, or door way, and see if I can't get inside of the maintenance tunnels. If I can't go through the most obvious entrance with gun held high, and my little turret friend up, and operational.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 20, 2011, 06:33:04 am »

I have a feeling that Dwarmin and Talarion posted nothing because they don't have any actions in mind except 'follow the leader'. Seriously, guys? Jaffar and Varron will follow Caplus around like some sort of... I dunno, NPC followers from some millenium-old videogame? That's suspicious behavior, don't you think?
Why not buy some booze while you're at the tavern? AIs of this universe seem to work on cloned brains, so, you know, no reason not to give its friend-foe recognition system some beer goggles, nudge nudge, wink wink.

@DbZ: I am under the impression that the skill of Spellcrafting is used for adding more characteristics to spells(like the 'free action' bonus with a 'melee range' penalty on my lobotomy spell).
Assuming I'm correct about its nature, can I get more bonuses from that system as I add more penalties? If so, will there be a separate roll for each bonus-penalty chain, or one roll to define the overall results of an action?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 20, 2011, 07:04:35 am »

OOC: Ach!

I guess thats it. I was probably meaning to update, but I've started my own game recently. I guess I lost track of this in the shuffle of ideas.

Though really, I have no idea what to do here, except...follow the leader. Let's look at my whole action last turn.

Acting casually, Jaffar sat down on an empty couch

Thats...not very interesting...unless you're willing to do some roleplaying, I have no actions for this turn. I assumed I couldn't even remove my Helmet, or Jaffar would get his ugly face shot off.

------------------------
Jaffar was bored of acting natural. He couldn't drink on an espionage mission! It would be sort of weird to buy drinks, and disengage his helmet to drink, and get shot by the soldiers because he looks like a dirty Polaric sabotoeur.

That was when one of the soldiers sat beside him.

"Hey, buddy-you don't have to wear your helmet in here. There's no rules against that."

The soldier did so-revealing perhaps the face of the most beautiful woman Jaffar had ever seen, aside from Kayle.

He gulped. Her massive rifle hung loosely at her side, ready to obliviate Jaffar into sweet nothingness. She smiled.

Jaffar stuttered.

"Erm...it's nothing to look at, my face I mean...which is to say, I mean, you are very...um, and I not, you know, so..."

He fumbled with his words, hoping for either Caplus to lead them on, or for her to just shoot him and get it over with.

Action: Jaffar eventually follows the leader-Caplus.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 20, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

I have a feeling that Dwarmin and Talarion posted nothing because they don't have any actions in mind except 'follow the leader'. Seriously, guys? Jaffar and Varron will follow Caplus around like some sort of... I dunno, NPC followers from some millenium-old videogame? That's suspicious behavior, don't you think?
Why not buy some booze while you're at the tavern? AIs of this universe seem to work on cloned brains, so, you know, no reason not to give its friend-foe recognition system some beer goggles, nudge nudge, wink wink.

It's pretty difficult to come up with an interesting course of actions to follow. That said, I'll try and take some time today to make some more plans as to what people will be able to do. It'll take some time.

Don't think my other RTD is interfering with this one. That one takes literally two minutes to roll for.

@DbZ: I am under the impression that the skill of Spellcrafting is used for adding more characteristics to spells(like the 'free action' bonus with a 'melee range' penalty on my lobotomy spell).
Assuming I'm correct about its nature, can I get more bonuses from that system as I add more penalties? If so, will there be a separate roll for each bonus-penalty chain, or one roll to define the overall results of an action?

Spellcrafting is the skill used for adding *anything* to a spell. The roll used for adding something to a spell determines how the intended effect is applied, as well as how the penalties are applied. I might split it into two rolls (one for the effect, the other for any side-effects) but spellcrafting simply gives bonuses to how well you can get the spell working.

Example: Guy trying to upgrade fireball with no skill, and another guy with skill trying to do the same thing.

Guy 1: Cause the fireball to do more damage.

[5] The fireball now deals twice the damage
[1] It also drains a massive amount of energy, so the user cannot use magic the next turn.

Guy 2: More damage.

[4+1] The fireball now deals twice the damage.
[2+1] 1-in-6 chance of burning the user's hands.

I'll try to have a roll up later today.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 20, 2011, 08:37:07 pm »

Roll 31

Locations:

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Events:

Kayle, cursing in her own language, fired at the gunner with the TAC once more. Doing so, she realized that the TAC isn't really suited for close-quarters combat, but probably more for dispersing formations and the like. [1+1] She predicted which way the gunner would jump, and fired accordingly. But the gunner, anticipating this, stood still. The TAC's bolt therefore missed again.

[4+2] Herros shifted his aim onto the gunner's head, burning through his helmet with 46 points of damage. The gunner hurried forward, shielding his face with his glove, and tapped the shoulder of the nearest soldier.
"Take the gun! I'm getting out of here!" he shouted, turning quickly with intent to leave.

The soldier accepted the gun, dropping his particle rifle, and firing a spray of shots down the hallway, forcing the four players behind the door frame for cover.

Except forMilia. Determined to save her team, she finished the coilgunner with another arrow before pulling out her imbued arrow and shooting the new gunner as well, killing him too with 100 damage while taking a single shot to the torso (13 damage).

The hail of fire now having stopped, Milia notched three more arrows and drew the bow.

"Think I'll miss? Try me."
She winked at Amatin. Amatin, nodding, fired a rocket into the ceiling, knocking both elites down and sending one of the regulars into the wall. Miraculously, he was hardly injured by the blast himself. He then lounged on top of one, cycling his rocket launcher again and pointing it at the other.

Milia kept her three arrows notched and approached the two ensigns. She shifted them with her hand to make sure two would hit the standing soldier, while one would finish the dazed one at the wall.

--------

Jaffar was rather bored. He expected this mission to be one that was fun and exciting. But here he was, playing follow-the-leader with grown men and reliving his nightmarish childhood.

He wanted to go get a drink, but he couldn't take his helmet off. That would be stupid.
As he sat down, bored out of his mind, one of the Ross Soldiers sat down next to him.
"Hey, buddy-you don't have to wear your helmet in here. There's no rules against that."
His voice was muffled through the helmet, but Jaffar couldn't help but notice the soldier's high pitched voice. He was about to respond when the soldier took... her helmet off, revealing a rather attractive woman underneath that armor.

Jaffar, confused, gulped, starting at the soldier's rifle, slung over her shoulder. It was longer than anything he had seen before, almost as long as he was tall. Not wanting to take a shot from that tot the face, Jaffar spoke... ahem, tried to speak:

"Erm...it's nothing to look at, my face I mean...which is to say, I mean, you are very...um, and I not, you know, so..."
CAPLUS HALP!

And then, just as if Jaffar's attempt at telepathy had worked, Caplus leaped to Jaffar's rescue.
[3+1] "Why hello there! Sorry to interrupt, but my friend here has to come with me."
"But why?" she asked, her voice turning shrill.

Caplus ignored her, jerked at Jaffar's arm, pulled him up, and made his way to what he believed to be the next checkpoint, while Varron followed. All Ross ships were built, usually, with an engine room or a series therof, with a checkpoint separating it from the first hub, and one major checkpoint linking the bridge and acting as a large hub for most of the ship's facilities. This major checkpoint was often heavily guarded, so Caplus made sure to start his helmet's camera up in order to transmit the video feed to the attack team.

Entering the ship's major hub/checkpoint, Caplus was confronted by a technician, holding a clipboard. The technician was followed by two security officers, both armed with holstered pistols.

The technician spoke at once, questioning Caplus:
"I presume you're the ensign with the discharged suit?"
[3+1] "Why yes. I've been carrying it around in portable mode this entire time. My back hurts..."
"Alright then. Would you just come with me to the lab..."
"The lab... why not the armory?"
"Orders, ensign. Orders. I'm not allowed to tell you in here, where everyone can hear. I'm not allowed to tell your friends, either. "
He turned to Jaffar and Varron.
"You two," he began. "Get yourselves to the crew organizer's office in the bridge. "

Spoiler: Current Surroundings (click to show/hide)

--------

"Well then... this is going to be quite fun..." muttered Zaroff. He looked around for any sort of tunnel whatsoever. He managed to find one... [3] on the ceiling, in the center of the room.

Looking again to make sure this was the only possible way, he reluctantly began to consider ways to get up there. He considered stacking crates--there were certainly enough to get up there. But it would require an exorbitant amount of time to do so, and with the noise he made at the start of his encounter with that guard, that option would be at best a last resort.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 20, 2011, 08:37:41 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 20, 2011, 08:52:55 pm »

"Alright, I'll come with you." Head with the Scientist to the lab, than make sure he is in a secluded area, then silently knock him unconscious, Deus Ex style.
I think I've been playing way too much Deus Ex.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 20, 2011, 09:15:20 pm »

Now that the foe seems incapacitated, Herros attempted to take control of one of his foe's suits of power armour and force it to manoeuvre the gun towards it's allies
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 20, 2011, 09:33:53 pm »

"Ah well I'll just give these soldiers a nice welcome home gift." Zakroff says as he turns his Spider Turret back on, and places him on top of some crates pointed at the main entrance. "Now lets get to work." he mumbles as he pulls out the bag of scrap he has on him, and any tools he can find nearby before looking for some fuel tanks, and other flammables.

Gather some fuel tanks, and flammables from the hanger, and make some explosives.

OOC: You guys might have an easy time infiltrating the ship after I blow the hanger bay door to pieces :P If someone objects I'll change my action, but I really want to see if anybody is home :P

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 20, 2011, 10:21:40 pm »

And thus my plan to get someone to craft anything equipment fails again...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 20, 2011, 10:43:48 pm »

And thus my plan to get someone to craft anything equipment fails again...
Wait huh? I'm building an explosive how is that not equipment?

Unless your being sarcastic, and if you are I am confused.

If you aren't I am still confused.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 107