Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squiggles- A Lost Bay12 game????  (Read 3110 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Squiggles- A Lost Bay12 game????
« on: July 31, 2011, 04:39:30 pm »

I was bored. So I went back into the Bay12 downloads. I didn't particularly want to try WWI Medic, I already have LCS and obviously DF. So I opened the "Other Games" Tab and found this little... Thing.

It's incredibly simple. Keep your little abominations away from the howling Pits of Hell, and try to have them eat the Green Shit. I have no idea what anything is, except the Pits of Hell, and the little things kind of look like a picture of a Virus from a 7th grade science textbook. That's about it; just dodge and survive. The entire game is played by digging out individual squares, and your Ebola can fall in the holes. Dig far enough and the map moves down, along with your little Mold Spores or whatever the hell these things are. Terribly simple.

I think I kind of like it.

Anyone remeber Squiggles?

Because it's sort of awesome.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Squiggles- A Lost Bay12 game????
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 05:11:11 pm »

It's not exactly lost if it's right there on the main site...
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 05:23:03 pm »

Yeah but despite hearing about every single one of the other games more than once, I've never heard of this game. It's quite unknown.

Thus, lost.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Choose username

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 06:55:47 pm »

Corin's Mystery Massacre isn't in the Squiggles, but is none-the-less an amazing game. Very hard to learn as there aren't really any instructions, the farthest I ever survived was to the third level.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 07:58:40 pm »

Corin's Mystery Massacre isn't in the Squiggles, but is none-the-less an amazing game. Very hard to learn as there aren't really any instructions, the farthest I ever survived was to the third level.
There are levels?

I got mine to breed.
Not sure if want. Especially since these things are going to give me a cold or something.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:46:44 pm »

There are levels?

I got mine to breed.
Not sure if want. Especially since these things are going to give me a cold or something.

He's talking about Collin's Mystery Massacre, pretty sure. That game is impossible and the huge point of it is that there are no instructions. There are threads in the Curses section about it, I think.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.