Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Capital Punishment be allowed?

Yes.
No.
Only for certain crimes. (Name please)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Capital Punishment  (Read 24343 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Capital Punishment
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2011, 03:09:13 am »

I think we should turn the whole justice system into a laugh. We should turn it into American Idol or something, text 'zap' to our hot-lines to give this person the death penalty. We haven't the fortitude to stick to our ideals, so why not toss them out?

Second.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2011, 03:19:35 am »

called it

That I can agree with. both hanging and the electric chair just sound really gruesome.

It'd be like- "Hey, you can either be burned to death, or suffocate until you die in seven minutes!"

Even in the old times of the cowboys, a good hangman would put the rope at the length and location to cause near instant death by snapping the neck as they fall. The rope had to be just the right length or the death would be by suffocation instead.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2011, 04:34:09 am »

I think most would shoot them if the person didn't snap their neck immediately. The person would have a crushed throat accompanied by a severely damaged spinal cord at which their entire weight would be tearing. I don't it's something most officials would tolerate if given the situation, like most wouldn't tolerate a prisoner bleeding to death and suffering multiple wounds after a failed execution with a firing team. Though of course, if they had it way too long, I've heard someone said heads pop off.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:06:09 am by Flare »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2011, 05:18:41 am »

That's what happened to Julius Streicher
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2011, 06:39:35 am »

I don't get it why the death sentence is seen as worse than life without a chance for mercy.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2011, 07:06:34 am »

You honestly value Freedom more than life?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2011, 07:38:05 am »

called it

That I can agree with. both hanging and the electric chair just sound really gruesome.

It'd be like- "Hey, you can either be burned to death, or suffocate until you die in seven minutes!"

Even in the old times of the cowboys, a good hangman would put the rope at the length and location to cause near instant death by snapping the neck as they fall. The rope had to be just the right length or the death would be by suffocation instead.
That's why they would tie weights to their feet, to avoid suffocation.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2011, 07:42:47 am »

I mean that life sentence without a chance for amnesty is worse than a death sentence.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2011, 07:48:35 am »

I mean that life sentence without a chance for amnesty is worse than a death sentence.

Which means that you value Freedom more than life...

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2011, 07:58:55 am »

Which means that you value Freedom more than life...

Of course. Would you want to live in cage for the rest of your life doing absolutely nothing?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2011, 08:00:03 am »

No, but I wouldn't rather be dead than in a cage.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2011, 08:01:50 am »

I would.
*Hugs*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2011, 08:04:21 am »

'Freedom' is a relative term. What is it that you are free from? I am not free from the constant pull of gravity, nor am I free from the requirement to be a productive member of society so that they pay me and I can eat. I am bound by all sorts of laws of nature and mankind.
But I am some what happy.
Death or a life inside a small cage? What sort of death did you have in mind?

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2011, 08:09:01 am »

Lethal injection, gas room and the firing team.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2011, 08:35:01 am »

There's a quote from, oddly enough, an episode of Criminal Minds that makes sense to me when talking about the death penalty:
"I know it makes little sense to try and deter violence with more violence, but deterrence is not why I believe in the death penalty. There are some people that are so violent, so evil, that society has no choice but to be done with them. Vengeance is something that society needs from time to time if for no other purpose then to keep the rest of us sane."

If not outright killing the person then life sentences should be harsh. The only punishment that can be compared to the death penalty, in my mind, would be to rob a person of their ability to think. Maybe through medication that dopes them and takes away all that they were and are or something. Destroy a person's mind, and they may as well be dead and therefore it's the only thing you can compare to death. Anything else, allowing them to think, ponder and wonder, dream and fantasise, experience any kind of visceral pleasure...is and will always be preferable to death.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:41:32 am by MorleyDev »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27