Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278218 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4 - 2 Replacements STILL needed
« Reply #660 on: September 03, 2011, 06:23:12 am »

So you were all just witches? Nothing more special?
Pure masons, I'm afraid. We were confirmed town at game start, but otherwise vanilla with a chat.

Also, what does the Survivor type encompass?

Hurray, another semi-confirmed not-lord person!
You're still obvscum.

You're awfully quick to believe such a horrible theory.
To be honest, the precise details of when who was turned or what team Crown's on aren't as important to me as Max's inspect. Maybe Crown's the devil, covering for his client. Maybe he's actual scum, but has been nokilling to avoid suspicion, and decided to fess up early in case he was followed or to keep up the facade. None of that means Leaf isn't the Lord, or is less likely to be the Lord, or shouldn't be lynched unless he can explain what kind of non-Lord changer he is, or why Max is a filthy liar.

Question: Why do we care?
About what?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 03, 2011, 06:29:30 am »

It doesn't tell me outright, but it does tell me that each role falls into one of five categories, killer, protector, watcher, changer and survivor.
So being a survivor just means that your role revolves around staying alive. As a fortune teller, I guess I would be a watcher.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 03, 2011, 06:30:58 am »

Oh, and why do we care about this theory to do with Crown making a nk bus? I don't see what it really changes. What does Soli wish to gain by pointing Crown out as a slave?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 03, 2011, 04:41:55 pm »

Oh, and why do we care about this theory to do with Crown making a nk bus? I don't see what it really changes. What does Soli wish to gain by pointing Crown out as a slave?

If he's going to call how last night went and make decisions based off of it, his reasoning better be pretty damn good.

Your attitude is funny considering all the shit you gave me for a theory I made and never made any decisions off of.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 03, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »

Not you, Soli. I sort of agree with you on this one, that he's theory seems like a lot of work to clear a minion. What is so special about Crown?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 03, 2011, 04:46:37 pm »

Yeah, I guess you've caught me.  I'm the Devil.  I can give players the offer of a one-shot night kill (or a one-shot unblockable nightkill if they already have a standard kill), a one-shot protection, a one-shot roleblock, a one-shot role and alignment inspection or a one-shot redirection in return for their souls.  Once I have collected 3 souls, I and all the players I have recruited go to hell and my win condition is fulfilled.  I can give players a choice between any number of my abilities (although I've just given them the complete selection every time so far).

Night one I offered a free choice of any of my wares to Kilikan, who turned into Bdthemag in the night.  He accepted my offer and obtained the ability to perform a one-shot redirect.  Night two I offered a free choice to Josh, who turned me down.  Night three I offered a free choice to CoF who choose to receive a nightkill.

Now, you could lynch me, but it would be pretty pointless considering several facts:
1. I am already basically confirmed not to be the vampire lord as noone has counterclaimed the position of Devil, and Bdthemag's replacement can confirm that I gave him a redirect on the first night.  Or, if you don't believe that...
2. I can easily reconfirm that I am the Devil by giving a choice to anyone you like during the night.  And by disappearing tomorrow when someone accepts my offer.
3. I can give you the chance to effectively have two kills tonight (in addition to scummy Bdthemag and CoF).  Just vote on someone (scummy) for me to give a kill and someone (scummy) for that person to use the kill on.  If the first person refuses to accept my offer, they're clearly intent on preserving their own life.  If they do accept the offer then they and the other scummy person die, and we can cross off two potential vampire lords in one night.  In addition to the lynch today.

As far as I can tell, the candidates left for vampire lord are:
lordnincompoop
Jim Groovester
IronyOwl
Max White
Azure Sepulchre
Bdthemag
Leafsnail (if you think I'm performing a plan that would instantly backfire when the real devil counterclaims)

So, how about accepting my proposal and wiping out five people from this list (me, Bdthemag and three others of your choice) by tomorrow morning?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 03, 2011, 04:52:31 pm »

Your willing to claim devil from my inspect, but you don't believe I'm a fortune teller?
We can shorten that list by two spots right now by taking off lordnincompoop and myself. If nobody else counter claims, we can clear IronyOwl as well. So that is three people! Looks like I just did your job for you.

That is, if you are in fact the devil.

Anyway, your plan has it's risks. If we go along with it, what happens to the town if you offer your deal to a scum player, and they accept, and blow the head off another townie? Wouldn't that be a scum victory?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 03, 2011, 05:06:44 pm »

Eh, Old Scratch? Thanks for finally revealing yourself.

I'll vote BDthemag for not immediately revealing the existence of a Devil, and thus having an ulterior motive for doing so.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 03, 2011, 05:10:43 pm »

Wait a minute, I didn't post yet because I didn't think I was in the game yet. I thought my spot was open for a replacement, and I replaced myself.

Im confused.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 03, 2011, 05:11:35 pm »

Wait a minute, I didn't post yet because I didn't think I was in the game yet. I thought my spot was open for a replacement, and I replaced myself.

Im confused.

Now that you're back, you're in the game again. I'll remove the replacement request for you.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 03, 2011, 05:53:33 pm »

Your willing to claim devil from my inspect, but you don't believe I'm a fortune teller?
If you're the Vampire Lord and you just recruited a fortune teller it would be very easy for you to obtain that information.

We can shorten that list by two spots right now by taking off lordnincompoop and myself.
No we can't.

If nobody else counter claims, we can clear IronyOwl as well.
Unless he recruited the other witch.  Although I guess that's fairly unlikely.

Anyway, your plan has it's risks. If we go along with it, what happens to the town if you offer your deal to a scum player, and they accept, and blow the head off another townie? Wouldn't that be a scum victory?
Hmm... I guess if you assume that Bdthemag (the guy who took a scummy power and didn't claim it) and CoF are town AND we mislynch today, and the vampire currently has 2 slaves on his side then yes.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4 - 1 Replacement STILL needed
« Reply #672 on: September 03, 2011, 05:59:23 pm »

Let's assume we went along with your offer, so you win and get three new door mats, who would you give this power to?
Meph: Do players that accept the devils offer lose the game, or are they just removed and depend on the town winning?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 03, 2011, 06:31:54 pm »

Information about 3rd Parties is unavailable.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #674 on: September 03, 2011, 07:41:39 pm »

Well, seeing as Leafsnail has come out and claimed, I'll just unvote.

Now, the question is, who do we lynch now?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70