Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278334 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #465 on: August 15, 2011, 08:46:33 pm »

Too soon.

Max:
-He used he's one shot on the first night, and who would do that?

This is a really terrible reason to call someone scum.  Why don't you tell us who would do that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 15, 2011, 08:50:12 pm »

Either a scum priest who was under the impression that any revive made by them would always revive a demon, be this true or not, or a new scum role (We don't know what powers scum have) that allows for them to revive, such as a necromancer that brings players back into the game but can have a maximum of one zombie.
If it was a new town role that allows a revive, why not say so?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 15, 2011, 08:52:37 pm »

You're ignoring the possibility that he's telling the truth- that he is town and wanted to go ahead and bring someone back before he lost the chance to death.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 15, 2011, 08:55:07 pm »

Why wold you want to bring somebody back, and risk having a super powerful demon in the game? Short of having a dead warlock and loosing an investigator a few days in, I don't think it is worth the risk.
If we go into lylo and there is a demon similar to in past games, were pretty much fucked, so risking it isn't helping us at all.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 15, 2011, 09:15:10 pm »

I understand that this needs to be reiterated every now and then, because it's so easy to forget that I already went over this, so I'll say it again.

It's exactly as Toaster said, I didn't want to lose the chance, and you neglect that I had no idea what demons were or what they did at the time.

I also said something to the effect that even if something did go wrong, I wasn't going to sit on my hands and let my ability go to waste.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 15, 2011, 09:54:55 pm »

Dariush.  I'm going with the roleblocker hypothesis.

I have a bunch of other posts picked out that I'm sorting through now (sorry, my dad nabbed the computer earlier), and they should be up in a few minutes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 15, 2011, 10:00:14 pm »

The day ends in less than 24 hours, right? Hmm, for now I'm going to say extend, too much entropy to end right now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 15, 2011, 10:35:56 pm »

Oh, screw it.  I reread everything and there's nothing I saw that's particularly unusual, i.e. nothing that a billion other people didn't catch.

I think that JoshFH is dumb town, as is Max White.  It's not that Josh is stupid, it's that this is his first game back with a severely changed group of people, and we've changed how we play.  Much less casual, much rougher.  For now, he gets a pass from me.  Max White is pushing his usual stupid shit that makes me want to vote his scummy ass every single time I see it, but I'm thinking more clearly now.  Unless he does something even worse than usual, I'm sticking to the town read from now on.

Crown of Fire needs to die, as does Dariush.  They're both obvscum.

For now, that's what I've got.

Sorry, guys. I got called into work unexpectedly and I've been absolutely exhausted. I really have been playing sloppily lately.

If you're going to yell about lurkers, don't forget Jokerman.  RVS is long over, bubba!

Hey now, I know I've been lurking and you've every right to point it out, but I've had a hell of a lot more contribution than a lot of other players this game. Nothing for it but to fix it.

You honestly think that I think a vote on you ...

You think he's going down the road to WIFOM? I mean, does that part of what you said make sense even to you? I was baffled for a moment when I scanned over that.

You might not have realized that you were tying the vote, but you also didn't do anything to fix it, even when your case was, for the most part, deflected. You ignored the fact that you were locking up the vote (which, as you say here, is enough of a reason to even go as far as cast a bandwagon vote.) You then cling to a case that's increasingly hard to defend. For now, you're going to have to deal with my suspicion (and my vote, Vector) until I see better. You're not as sharp as you usually are, it seems.

kilakan: Firstly, chill out a little bit. I'm all for colorful language, but can we try to keep it a little bit more tasteful?

You also ducked out very suspiciously when your case was being tested. Let's hear what you have to say about everything that's transpired since your last post.

So tired. Work in the morning. I'm really sorry, when I signed up I thought I had more time to play. I hate being that guy.

Yeah, it makes sense to me, though that is probably because I wrote it.  I distinctly remember trying to figure out how to clarify the statement.

I didn't fix my tying of the vote because I didn't know I was tying the vote.  Why would I fix a problem whose existence I didn't know about?

And yes, I continued to interrogate Max White after finding that my initial reasons were total bunk.  It seemed as good a time as any other to work on figuring out his alignment.

Also, Jokerman-Exe, was this not sufficient answer to your questions?  I checked on the lurkertracker and it seemed that you hadn't posted anything else directed at me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 16, 2011, 01:42:57 am »

Because I do. Accept it and move on, and vote Josh while you are at it.
So, you are not only not trying to defend your case, but actually go ahead and demand that others join in on your case.
Fine, if Toaster claims that nobody showed up last night while he was on guard duty, and nobody else is willing to claim, I can go along with it. Sorry Dariush.
Wasn't getting anywhere anyway.
Aaaaand after spending almost two days trying to lynch Josh with all possible means, you suddenly switch onto the newest bandwagon. Obvious attempt to save your hide is obvious.

One doesn't get any more scummy than this, and I pity da foo' who doesn't see it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 16, 2011, 01:50:50 am »

I think that I can humor the idea that Max is town, or, atleast town enough to support that Dariush can be chosen for lynching in front of him.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #475 on: August 16, 2011, 10:55:49 am »

Unofficial vote count:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eh, while I'm here, Unvote. Dariush. Blocked, no kill, scum, etc.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 16, 2011, 11:18:27 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
CrownOfFire: Azure Sepulchre, Jim Groovester, Bdthemag, Leafsnail, lordnincompoop
Dariush: CrownOfFire, Jokerman-EXE, JoshuaFH, Max White, Solifuge, Toaster, Vector
Max White: Dariush

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today

There are 2 votes for an Extension. 4 are required to extend the day by 24 hours.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 16, 2011, 03:48:33 pm »

@457: it takes a majority of votes to lynch someone.  Not just Jim.  You'd have a chance to claim later to avoid being lynched, whereas exposing yourself as a powerful role AND confirmed town would be a death sentence with no chance to appeal at night.  Whether the main part of mafia is day or night is irrelevant - you'll be killed just as dead in either.

Max White's defending of CoF is starting to bother me, especially since he's giving CoF a pass as a stupid townie but not Josh.

@457: I was about to say I'd support a Dariush lynch as much as a CoF one then saw this.  Damn it's scummy self saving.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 16, 2011, 03:50:41 pm »

EBWOP: the second 457 should be 475.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 16, 2011, 04:26:41 pm »

Why won't you tell me? Is your case that weak, or is it because you're scum that can't think of anything decent to pin them on?

Or (and this is getting more likely by the minute) are you just too stupid to actually find scumtells instead of sitting there spouting inane blather?
See now you keep asserting there is something I'm hiding. Why are you doing that? Why would I hide something? I've given evidence, nobody listened.

*goes ahead and posts it anyway*

Great. Now, was that so hard to do, hmm?

-He is most likely aligned with Jim.

So you're calling him scum because... He might have connections to Jim? How does that follow, seeing as neither person has flipped and you don't have a strong case on either?

-He used he's one shot on the first night, and who would do that?

This is stupid.

You're coming to the conclusion that he's a Necromancer - when you have absolutely nothing to go off of for that except his untimely resurrect. You're also ignoring the obvious possibility that he might be dumbtown.

-He has been lurking a lot, regardless of the last post.

That does not a lynch make.

-He is willing to lynch 'annoying' over 'caught red handed'

Clearly false, since his vote is on Dariush and not you.

Now, you have all these points, but you discard them all in favour of pushing the "less-damaging lynch" argument. Why on earth would you do that?

Eh, while I'm here, Unvote. Dariush. Blocked, no kill, scum, etc.

Fuck you. When you're brought to the noose come D3, I'll savour every moment of it.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 70