Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278320 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #450 on: August 15, 2011, 02:47:42 pm »

Anyway, subconscious Scum Tells

And this is where I stopped reading because I knew everything afterwards was going to be crap.

If you think you can bluster and curse hard enough and get off the hook, think again, Scum. Nevertheless, I doubt anyone will read this post, or give the idea serious consideration, because your conviction, level anger, and ability to convince yourself of your own veracity make you peerless at looking Town, especially when not. People are more inclined to look where you are pointing than at the man pointing the finger.

What, giving up already? Aw, that's too bad. Maybe you'll pick it up again when you actually have something?

Would love to see what you make up next. Subconscious scum tells was a real whopper. How far will you go to keep suspecting me?

Whine harder. It's the freaking weekend, and people tend to be busy on them. Stop trying to use the metagame to discredit people; it's pretty craptastic.

I'm not going to stop giving you crap about your participation.

Making yourself readable is important; if you're town it gets everybody to read you as town which helps you personally and avoids timewasting mislynches. Since you're doing a crappy job of it I have to make sure I can read you.

"He isn't that high on my scumlist" is not an answer that mixes well with "Holy shit guys, don't lynch Crownbro! Why are we lynching Crownbro!?".
But I'm the broiest bro there is! You wouldn't lynch a bro, would you, bro?

(This post brought to you by a combination of silliness and "somebody post something useful, dammit")

Man, you and Max White are in a competition to see who can earn my vote, aren't you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #451 on: August 15, 2011, 02:49:53 pm »

"He isn't that high on my scumlist" is not an answer that mixes well with "Holy shit guys, don't lynch Crownbro! Why are we lynching Crownbro!?".
But I'm the broiest bro there is! You wouldn't lynch a bro, would you, bro?

(This post brought to you by a combination of silliness and "somebody post something useful, dammit")

Man, you and Max White are in a competition to see who can earn my vote, aren't you?
I'm winning, right?

(I am actually going to post something useful after this)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 15, 2011, 02:57:23 pm »

Unvote.

I'm winning, right?

You are now.

CrownOfFire.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 15, 2011, 03:09:29 pm »

Crown... you are really not helping your case right now. You're lucky there are bigger fish to fry, or you would have been scaled, breaded, and garnished with lemon and parsley by now. Refuge in audacity just gets you killed quicker, so if you are Town, and you don't want us to lose our Medium, stop being a Stutid Numpnuts.

Blah.

Apparently adding the word Subconscious made "Scum Tells" too difficult a concept for you to grasp... and if stating my case on you and watching as you have absolutely nothing do refute it with other than "Nu-uh, you're STUUUUUUPID!" entails me "giving up already" then I can only assume the game you're playing isn't this Mafia. I state my case now, because I intend to deal with you once the nooblings are either dead and quiet due to their own stupidity, or ideally settled back into their seats like good students.

Anyway, Jim is the king of leading shit Town lynches for perceived slights, and I urge people to not let the current shenanigans distract you. We have Dariush red-handed, and his buddies are trying to confuse the issue right now to keep him from being lynched. Please get your heads in the game, and stop going after the newest, loudest, most shiny thing.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #454 on: August 15, 2011, 03:41:12 pm »

Crown: ...why would you claim like that? Why would you ever, ever claim like that? That's not even a rhetorical question; I honestly don't get it. One person applied a bit of pressure, and you exploded in his bloody face. What made you think it was a good idea? At all?
Well for one, I forgot that I was talking to Jim, who likes to vote people for looking at him funny. Second, I was thinking that my claim could clear me as town, I had no idea that warlocks could be scum anyway. And third, I wasn't really thinking and I had to do something before the Big Bad Jim lynched me.

Oh, and we still have a priest, so if I get lynched, I'm still the most powerful role and therefore probably the one you want to revive anyway, so IDGAF if I'm lynched. It's just it's kind of a wasted lynch.

Anyway, Jim is the king of leading shit Town lynches for perceived slights, and I urge people to not let the current shenanigans distract you. We have Dariush red-handed, and his buddies are trying to confuse the issue right now to keep him from being lynched. Please get your heads in the game, and stop going after the newest, loudest, most shiny thing.
My shenanigans will block out the sun!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 15, 2011, 03:49:34 pm »

@439:It's still scummy to bring up a possibility that should not exist from your perspective.  Kindof moot since CoF is so obv though.

Your explanation doesn't make sense CoF since JG has one vote.  And if you don't care about being lynched why make yourself a target??

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 15, 2011, 03:52:46 pm »

Well for one, I forgot that I was talking to Jim, who likes to vote people for looking at him funny. Second, I was thinking that my claim could clear me as town, I had no idea that warlocks could be scum anyway. And third, I wasn't really thinking and I had to do something before the Big Bad Jim lynched me.

You just keep on saying that. Just keep on saying that I only lynch people willy-nilly.

Maybe if you say it enough it will save you.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #457 on: August 15, 2011, 03:54:05 pm »

@439:It's still scummy to bring up a possibility that should not exist from your perspective.  Kindof moot since CoF is so obv though.

Your explanation doesn't make sense CoF since JG has one vote.  And if you don't care about being lynched why make yourself a target??
I thought that I was clearing myself (due to the "warlocks aren't town-exclusive" thing...), not making myself a target. And generally speaking, I'd rather paint a NK target on myself than a lynch target. The real part of Mafia is the day game, not the night game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 15, 2011, 04:55:24 pm »

I thought that I was clearing myself (due to the "warlocks aren't town-exclusive" thing...), not making myself a target.

You know, the reason why we don't have everyone claim roles D1 is in order to protect the town's best and brightest from the scum.  This is not a race to confirm oneself as soon as possible.

I've got the reread done and all the quotations pulled out; I'll post everything in a couple of hours.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 15, 2011, 04:59:20 pm »

Max:  Why are you so eager to jump to Crown's defense?
While he might be scum, it seems the least likely option. And there is somebody I would much rather lynch today.

Bullshit.

You don't defend a low-priority suspect like that - especially one that you still think "might be scum".
You know, I don't think I have gotten one single response as to why people are lynching him. Anyway, like I said, he could be scum, I concede that, but I still think it is much more likely that he is not.

Same reason I lie to anybody, to get a free drink! Sad to say, I don't think any amount of lying will get me drunk on this thread, as such I am not lying to you.
Also, when did I back off? Near the end of d1? I didn't feel as confident that he was scum, now I do.
Well, tell me this: Why do you think Josh is scum?

Because I do. Accept it and move on, and vote Josh while you are at it.

Max, WHY THE FUCK are you so sure that Josh is scum? You aren't even presenting any arguments anymore, you just say
Unless a theory puts Josh as scum that we are lynching today, it is a worthless theory.
Ergo, anything that helps lynch Josh is helpful.
See above, also, anything that helps lynch Josh is helpful. If he were here some more, I might be able to press him.

Fine, if Toaster claims that nobody showed up last night while he was on guard duty, and nobody else is willing to claim, I can go along with it. Sorry Dariush.
Wasn't getting anywhere anyway.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 15, 2011, 05:06:03 pm »

You know, I don't think I have gotten one single response as to why people are lynching him. Anyway, like I said, he could be scum, I concede that, but I still think it is much more likely that he is not.

If you were paying attention you would've seen that there was already a case built on him. Most of the other votes are derivative or in agreement.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 15, 2011, 06:50:50 pm »

Same reason I lie to anybody, to get a free drink! Sad to say, I don't think any amount of lying will get me drunk on this thread, as such I am not lying to you.
Also, when did I back off? Near the end of d1? I didn't feel as confident that he was scum, now I do.
Well, tell me this: Why do you think Josh is scum?

Because I do. Accept it and move on, and vote Josh while you are at it.

Why won't you tell me? Is your case that weak, or is it because you're scum that can't think of anything decent to pin them on?

Or (and this is getting more likely by the minute) are you just too stupid to actually find scumtells instead of sitting there spouting inane blather?

I'll post productive stuff tomorrow.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 15, 2011, 08:10:08 pm »

Hey everyone, I see that some people have missed me. Sorry I'm not that active on weekends, I get caught up doing stuff.

I am seriously torn over lynching Max vs Dariush.

On the one hand, we have Dary, who has ostensibly been caught red handed in a crime he might have possibly have committed, but isn't really defending himself very well.

Then we have Max, who has singlehandedly gotten under everyone's skin so bad that they're tempted to lynch him just to get him out of their hair.

Time to read some more.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 15, 2011, 08:24:40 pm »

Why won't you tell me? Is your case that weak, or is it because you're scum that can't think of anything decent to pin them on?

Or (and this is getting more likely by the minute) are you just too stupid to actually find scumtells instead of sitting there spouting inane blather?
See now you keep asserting there is something I'm hiding. Why are you doing that? Why would I hide something? I've given evidence, nobody listened.
-He has been too defensive for town, both about he's nervousness and he's choice of revive.
-He is most likely aligned with Jim.
-He used he's one shot on the first night, and who would do that?
-He has been lurking a lot, regardless of the last post.
-He is willing to lynch 'annoying' over 'caught red handed'

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 15, 2011, 08:45:13 pm »

Crown:  You could be the most confirmed town that ever existed, and no one would care if you didn't scum hunt.  You're nothing like confirmed, and you're not scum hunting at all.  That plus your scummy obsession with being confirmed is why you are headed for the noose.

How about you start doing some actual hunting?  I don't think you have all game.

Dariush:
You're discrediting his argument by calling him a lurker, which does not logically follow.
I was pointing out his hypocrisy.

That doesn't change the validity of his case.

The problem was you made a statement that could go either way on kilakan, which could be used to either start or back off from an attack on him.
How can explanation of why he needed to be so thorough and aggressive in his argument with Max 'go either way'? I simply wanted to see his explanation in case he was neither lynched nor replaced.

Again, I don't see how that explanation applies to your original statement.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70