Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278119 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4
« Reply #735 on: September 06, 2011, 06:31:56 pm »

What's stopping Toaster from being scum?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 06, 2011, 06:37:19 pm »

That sounds like an objection cleverly phrased as a question.

The use of 'cleverly' is being generous.

If we want all our bases covered about the Vampire Lord, this seems like the way to do it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 06, 2011, 08:54:40 pm »

Jim:
What's stopping Toaster from blocking MBP so that I can shoot IronyOwl?

I like that plan better.

Seems like that'd use up my action needlessly, but I'd do it if Leaf would rather give you the kill.

Leaf:  Do you intend on announcing who is getting your offer?

Max:
What's stopping Toaster from being scum?

The same thing that's stopping you from being scum.  (Nothing)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 06, 2011, 09:06:16 pm »

I really don't mind who I give the kill as long as there's consensus over it.  Currently I'm thinking Jim is the most popular pick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 06, 2011, 09:18:16 pm »

What happens if Azure is the lord?  Same plan?  We're cleaning up cultists at that point, so it may be better to give it to someone less likely to be cultist (since Jim's a strong pick.)

I suppose it doesn't matter as much then, though.  Kill a cultist and take a townie to hell versus kill a townie and take a cultist to hell isn't really much different.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 06, 2011, 09:27:03 pm »

Seems like that'd use up my action needlessly, but I'd do it if Leaf would rather give you the kill.

What more important thing do you have to do with your block?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 06, 2011, 09:34:12 pm »

Well, assuming that it isn't Azure, the lord will be going for one more convert.  If I can stop that, so much the better.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 06, 2011, 09:43:45 pm »

You can't block the Vampire Lord (except Bdthemag) since the plan requires that any potential Lords be unblocked and unprotected to accept deals and get killed.

So you're left with Bdthemag, or going to whoever you think is going to be converted next.

Both of those are crapshoots. It'd be better if you helped make sure the plan went off without a hitch by blocking MBP, that way the Vampire Lord is guaranteed to be eliminated.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 06, 2011, 09:46:26 pm »

Yes, but I can lock someone in and prevent them from being targeted, remember?  I'd be going after non-lords.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 06, 2011, 09:49:09 pm »

Yes, exactly.

Still a crapshoot.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 06, 2011, 10:42:55 pm »

MBP, how about that flavorclaim? Also, does your wincon require you to be alive, or just me?

Anyway, the only way I can be the Lord is if MBP is a converted doc, or if Meph was a bastard this game and gave a Vampire Lord his own guardian angel for some reason. That seems pretty unlikely either way.

Also, if Jim is a cultist, my death would be the only two-for-one deal available, as presumably MBP would vanish with me. We should really start cleaning up/preventing cultists instead of killing me on the off chance that I converted a doc who then invented an odd fakeclaim.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 06, 2011, 10:47:58 pm »

Why are you so special? You're more than ready to force me into self-sacrifice, but when it comes to you, oh, all of sudden, that's not cool. Wonder why that is.

Yep. Definitely gonna shoot you when I get the chance.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 06, 2011, 11:03:33 pm »

To be honest, a fair portion of it is not being a dick to MBP.

Aside from that, your claim is weak. It's believable, but nothing you couldn't asspull because you basically know how the game works and are ballsy, or straight-up asked Meph in PMs about. My (and the implications of MBP's) claim is uncontested, meaning I can only be a Lord under a certain pattern of conversions. In fact, I can list them right now: Nuke (formerly Vector), whoever the other witch is, and MBP (formerly LNCP). Nothing else could result in me being a Lord.

Who was the one complaining about crapshoots recently?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 06, 2011, 11:37:46 pm »

But I don't care about MBP, and you admit there's a chance you're the Vampire Lord.

Why wouldn't I shoot you?

Aside from that, your claim is weak. It's believable, but nothing you couldn't asspull because you basically know how the game works and are ballsy, or straight-up asked Meph in PMs about.

No, it's still bullshit, because nobody's bothered to answer the problem of how I knew how the role worked so quickly. And for fuck's sake, Mephansteras confirmed that there was a Dreamwalker in the goddamn game, because he clarified the difference between the flavor between this game and other games. Why would he do that if the role wasn't in the game? Why would he confirm it for a bullshit scum claim?

Knowledge of how a role works + Being able to instantly provide it + Confirmation of existence of that role = pretty believable claim.

So don't tell me my roleclaim is weak and then demand I have to kill myself for it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 07, 2011, 02:12:01 am »

EVERYBODY HOLD UP.

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Azure Sepulchre: Azure Sepulchre, Jim Groovester, Max White, Toaster

First of all, this votecount can't be accurate. When did Azure vote for himself, when he hasn't logged in since the 23rd?

Secondly, I've been doing some reading and hardcore data-processing. Despite being a lurker in need of a replace, the lynch on AzureSepulcher is a misguided effort, and we don't want to let it happen. Secondly, the Devil Deal is a terrible idea for us to pursue right now.

Why you should not be voting for AzureSepulcher:
- In the Metagame, Azure hasn't even logged into the forum since the Aug.23rd, thus was absent through the end of Day 3, all of Night 3, and all of Day 4. If Azure was Cult Leader, no one would be converted, and Meph would have pushed for a replacement by now.
- Obvscum CrownOfFire is being directed to make a big fuss out of NOT voting for AzureSepulcher, so it looks like poorly playing Scum are trying to keep him from being killed, and thus make Azure look like Scum.
- The bulk of the Scum seem to agree with making Azure die, which means he's DEFINITELY NOT the Lord. We need to Lynch the lord, not rely on a Devil's Deal to kill him; too much can go wrong with this plan and leave the Lord alive... or worse.

The Devil's Deal Gambit is a terrible idea:
If we follow through with this Gambit, it would reduce the player count by 5... which is likely to bring us to LYLO tomorrow. We need any advantage in numbers we can get right now, and as many players alive as we can, while we work to bag the Lord.

Consider what would result if we had fucked up, and the kill-power was given to the Scum, especially a Vampire Slave? It would remove 4 players (including an otherwise hard-to-kill Knight from the game) giving them a huge boost toward majority, allow them to off the Town Player of their choice, AND allow the Vamp Lord to convert yet another player.

Also, if we follow through with it, consider the players we'll be loosing to the Devil's Deal Gambit:
- Leafsnail: Devil, 3rd party. Unlikely to be a Vamp Slave, from metagame reasoning (Scum/3rd Party Hybrid VampDevil? Bwuh?), and willingness to remove 2+ Scum from Scumteam by "winning".
- CrownOfFire: Very likely Scum Warlock. Acting ridiculously scummy to be the Cult's fall guy.
- Bdthemag: A Knight, thus tough to kill. Unlikely to be falseclaimed VampLord. He took a deal that would likely kill him, and by it attained the power to redirect rather than kill. Very unlikely Lord behavior, since his survival is vital to his success, and killing is a highly useful power that cults lack.

Back with more in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 70