Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278125 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4
« Reply #750 on: September 07, 2011, 02:41:29 am »

And for fuck's sake, Mephansteras confirmed that there was a Dreamwalker in the goddamn game, because he clarified the difference between the flavor between this game and other games.
Good point, but it's possible he had an intended method for dealing with that, similar to how he might have decided how guard blocks would work before he knew there was a Guard.

The rest is bullshit. You're trying to make this massive fucking deal about the speed with which you claimed, as though you couldn't have PMed Meph about it ahead of time, or just converted a dreamwalker.

And while I'd have to go back and check (which I'm about to do anyway), I believe there's still a chance for everyone in the fucking game aside from Solifuge (and maybe Toaster) to be the Vampire Lord. "Well you could be so why not" is horseshit reasoning at its finest.

- In the Metagame, Azure hasn't even logged into the forum since the Aug.23rd, thus was absent through the end of Day 3, all of Night 3, and all of Day 4. If Azure was Cult Leader, no one would be converted, and Meph would have pushed for a replacement by now.
- Obvscum CrownOfFire is being directed to make a big fuss out of NOT voting for AzureSepulcher, so it looks like poorly playing Scum are trying to keep him from being killed, and thus make Azure look like Scum.
...shit.

The rest I'm less certain of, as I could see Lord Bd taking the deal without really thinking about it or something, but it's still a fair point on the numbers thing.

The problem is, we're running out of potential Lords here. We're going to have to take a second look at our "confirmed" non-Lords to see who could be lying and what it would take. On the bright side, that means if we find the Lord we'll probably know who his buddies need to be also.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 07, 2011, 02:41:59 am »

Aaaaand forgot my Unvote Azure.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 07, 2011, 03:39:05 am »

Ok Soli, you make a good case. Unvote..
Also, Extend.

I figure the best thing to do is wait until we have Azure's claim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 07, 2011, 04:00:46 am »

- In the Metagame, Azure hasn't even logged into the forum since the Aug.23rd, thus was absent through the end of Day 3, all of Night 3, and all of Day 4. If Azure was Cult Leader, no one would be converted, and Meph would have pushed for a replacement by now.

I don't follow. How is that a good reason?

Azure Sepulchre lurking doesn't make it any less of a possibility that he's the Vampire Lord than any other unverified role, and counting on Meph finding him a replacement is a sketchy reason at best.

If he is the Vampire Lord and completely unable to play, then that's still not a reason not to lynch him, because the scumteam can just pick his action for him. That's fairly common practice for mods to do, and I'm pretty sure Meph has done it a few times as well, even though I can't think of any specific examples right now.

- Bdthemag: A Knight, thus tough to kill. Unlikely to be falseclaimed VampLord. He took a deal that would likely kill him, and by it attained the power to redirect rather than kill. Very unlikely Lord behavior, since his survival is vital to his success, and killing is a highly useful power that cults lack.

Why can't he just be dumb? Why do you ignore that possibility?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 07, 2011, 04:14:07 am »

Why can't he just be dumb? Why do you ignore that possibility?
Isn't that implied by selling your soul for a redirect?
No really, why a redirect? It just struck me, of all the options, what did he want a that for?
Bd: Why?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #755 on: September 07, 2011, 04:39:06 am »

Hey there, I'm replacing CrownofFire. Before I begin, unvote

Just kidding, I got a name change. Fear my mind-fuckery!

Okay, we need to take a look at the list again. Anybody that has claimed but is not confirmed is a possibility for Lord. Myself, Solifuge, and Joshua are the only truly confirmed not-Lord people. I'm going to vote for Max White. I don't like how you've been scummy all game, go hang. As for the rest of you, I'll see you in Hell, hehehe.

Be aware that Bd could be the Lord, and converted Leafsnail/the actual Devil.

By the way, Meph, why haven't you replaced Azure yet?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 07, 2011, 05:17:29 am »

Jim, I like how you handily ignore all the other reasons not to kill Azure.  Also, with regard to bdthemag, as Crown has so kindly illustrated, the instinct for an unskilled scum player would be to take the Kill. After all, what is your goal but to outnumber Town as quick as you can... and what better way to do it?

To put what I'm saying simply, what we need to do right now is not gamble on a Devil's Deal to win, nor still be lynching lurkers... your obsession with them borders on the fetishistic, Jim. What we need to do now is some good old fashioned Scumhunting. For now, Extend. Here's the remainder of the facts I've gathered, to accompany my last post.

Existing Roles, with their claimed players and actions:
ROLE             PLAYER                    N1                         N2                         N3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Devil            - Leafsnail               Offer Bd, Takes Redirect   Offer Josh, Declined       Offer Crown, Takes Kill
Dreamwalker      - Jim Groovester          No Vision                  No Vision                  Sees Toaster lock him up
Fortune-Teller   - Max White               Check Nuke9.13, Survivor   Check LNCP, Protector      Check Leaf, Changer
Guard            - Toaster                 Lock up Dariush            Lock up Solifuge           Lock up Jim
Knight           - Bdthemag                None                       None                       None
Priest (Spent)   - JoshuaFH                Resurrect Solifuge         None                       None
Priest (Unspent) - Solifuge                Resurrected                None                       None             
Warlock          - CrownOfFire (Confirmed) Spoke with Solifuge        None                       Killed Nuke
Witch (w/ Nuke)  - IronyOwl                None                       None                       None
Guardian Angel   - Myst.BluePuppet         Protect Irony from Scans   Protect Irony from NKs     None
UNKNOWN          - AzureSepulcher          UNKNOWN                    UNKNOWN                    UNKNOWN

Dead Players:
* Dariush        - Vampire Slave
* NUKE9.13       - Vampire Witch
* Jokerman-EXE   - Townsperson

Factions:
(6-7) Town
(2-3) Cultists
(1) Devil
(1) Guardian Angel

Possibilities for Vampire Lords, with analysis:
Likely:
IronyOwl: If converted Vector/Nuke and learned she had no Covenbuddy, OR converted said Covenbuddy and falseclaiming.
Jim Groovester: If converted a Dreamwalker at some point. Only 1 living Slave if Lord (was blocked).
Max White: If converted a Fortune-Teller, and falseclaimed as them.
MBP: If converted a Guardian Angel OR concocted a detailed falseclaim.

Possible:
AzureSepulcher: Heavy lurking, no claim.
JoshuaFH: If converted a priest on N1, and falseclaimed as them.
Toaster: If converted a Guard N1, AND later converted Jim (he claimed to see Toaster locking him up).

Unlikely:
Bdthemag: No prerequisits. Unlikely, since took Devils Deal, and for Redirect instead of Kill (scum discuss these things).
Leafsnail: If somehow converted Devil to Cult, falseclaimed, and deemed it prudent to kill 2+ teammates with win condition.

Impossible:
CrownOfFire: Spoke directly by PM to dead on N1.
Solifuge: Flipped priest D1.

Anyway, the only way I can be the Lord is if MBP is a converted doc, or if Meph was a bastard this game and gave a Vampire Lord his own guardian angel for some reason. That seems pretty unlikely either way.

Like I said above, it's entirely possible that you, and MBP, could be on a scumteam together, since neither of your claims are verifiable. Say you're a Lord, and you snagged Vector/Nuke early on. You'd know whether she had a Covenbuddy (if that's even guaranteed) and if so could have converted them and used Witch as your falseclaim. Also, though Jim does know a lot about the Dreamwalker role, he could just as easily be either a Lord fakeclaiming a scum-mate's role to hide himself, or is a Cult Dreamwalker. Neither of you are clean, so don't act as though this is the case.

MysteriousBluePuppet, can you still give IronyOwl the "needs 1 more vote to lynch" power during day? If so, we can verify your claim, make the Devil Deal work, and help you meet your win condition.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 07, 2011, 05:20:59 am »

Okay, so this is missing a few details, but basically here's everyone's odds of being a Lord, as I see them:

Spoiler: Lord Suspects (click to show/hide)

Leaning towards Toaster, because despite needing a very specific conversion set, it's a very good one. Jim, MBP, and Azure are next in terms of likeliness, though that's complicated by Azure not being here, as he can't tell us anything useful, defend himself, etc.

Ninja'd by Solifuge, how interesting.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #758 on: September 07, 2011, 05:52:03 am »

IronyOwl, note that resurrection actually comes AFTER conversion. It's kind of hard to convert a dead guy. So it's impossible for me to be the Lord.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 07, 2011, 07:45:14 am »

To note, flavor text about my action has me leaving my body, going astral, etc. never leaving my home, thus id doubt that jail would restrain me from protecting him.

The +1 vote needed is a night action, so i cant use it right now, LNCP had just passed on his action, for reason i dont know

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 07, 2011, 09:17:41 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Azure Sepulchre: Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Toaster
Jim Groovester: Solifuge
Bdthemag: JoshuaFH
Max White: ECrownOfFire

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There are 2 votes to Extend the day 24 hours. 1 more vote needed to extend the day.

We need a replacement for Azure Sepulchre.

Please do not take my statements on flavor as confirmation of a role. I went through and made notes on how I wanted to handle flavor for the various roles before this game so I'd be consistent in the future. I was not necessarily consistent with what I'd done in the past.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4 - 1 Replacement needed, again
« Reply #761 on: September 07, 2011, 10:46:43 am »

Extend.  Yeah, let's all get on the same page.

Soli and Irony, I don't follow some of your logics.

Solifuge:  I think you're over-complicating things.  Everyone on your likely list has an "If" attached, while you've got two other no-if people lower down in the list.

Your MBP listing forgets that Max would have to be converted as well.

Also, why does Jim need to have converted a Dreamwalker?  He knows he was blocked, everyone knows I can block- he could have just invented the claim wholesale.  Dreamwalker isn't a new role.

Irony:  If I am the lord, who is the guard?

On Leaf possibility:  You forget that Josh revealed that a Devil offered him something on N2, meaning any fakeclaim Devil plan would have had to have been made far in advance. 

You're also leaving out the chance that you're the lord and MBP is telling the truth.  It does seem unlikely, but it is possible.

I stand by my picks that I posted earlier.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 07, 2011, 11:01:09 am »

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 07, 2011, 11:44:19 am »

Jim, I like how you handily ignore all the other reasons not to kill Azure.  Also, with regard to bdthemag, as Crown has so kindly illustrated, the instinct for an unskilled scum player would be to take the Kill. After all, what is your goal but to outnumber Town as quick as you can... and what better way to do it?

Do you just not realize you play like shit?

I brought it up because it's a valid point. Why are you ignoring it?

More later when I have time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 07, 2011, 03:36:01 pm »

Max I picked a redirect because I thought it could be useful, just incase someone had a dangerous power they were going to use on someone then I could possibly redirect it.

Oh and extend for the time being.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70