Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!  (Read 40009 times)

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!
« Reply #195 on: September 26, 2011, 09:21:09 pm »

How did the drain work out?
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 26, 2011, 11:48:30 pm »

Fine, although it took quite a long while to drain.
Naturally, when I first started I forgot about it, and had to savescum when everyone died. ::)
Was pretty hilarious though!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2011, 10:02:42 am »

Did it flood the fortress? I thought there wasn't a path...
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2011, 10:49:57 am »

Yoink, your time's up. Please post the current save so the next person can start.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2011, 11:36:46 am »

So it's my turn? Keep in mind this is my first succession game and i'm going to inadvertently screw everyone after me over.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2011, 12:06:00 pm »

Yeah. it's your turn. Just waiting for Yoink to post the current save.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 30, 2011, 05:58:14 am »

FFFFUUU- Timezones, damnit! Thought I had another day! D: Oh well, I've got it almost done, I'll post a couple of my entries now and the rest when I'm done. Shouldn't take long.

From the Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Warrior-Mayoress of Ceilingchew, 9th Galena in the year 12
I found a strange, unappetising mass of crumbly flour in my rations backpack today.
I'm not quite sure who made it, but Onul the cook assures me it's called 'bread'. For all I can tell, however, the stuff hasn't come within ten feet of any water, yeast, flavouring or booze.

I shall have to find our cooks some more ingredients. It's time to step up farming then, I suppose.
Not much else has happened, at least not to my knowledge as I spend most of my time in the barracks.
I have, however, noticed a few new faces between sparring sessions, and a few have approached me.
Apparantly we have some new migrants. I'll have to take a look and see if there are any useful soldiers amongst them...

OOC: Finishing my year right now!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:51:34 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 30, 2011, 10:46:55 am »

From the Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Warrior-Mayoress of Ceilingchew, 26th Limestone in the year 12

Had a bit of fun with some visiting goblins! I killed three, the others killed a few and the human caravan guard- Oh yes I forgot to mention, most of them died- managed to kill one. After seeing the damage the goblin flails did before we arrived, however, I've decided it's a good idea to teach my troops a bit more on how to best use their armour.

Progress on the arena continues, slowly and haltingly, but we're getting there. I hope.

Edit: Ooc: *Sigh* Will finish it tomorrow at work, sorry. With my miscalculation I thought I had left myself plenty of time. I'll give you a picture though, to make up for it!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:50:42 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2011, 04:35:39 pm »

I don't want to be accused of being Impatient or impolite but should I just start my turn with the previous save? I think it mught be rude to just invalidate Yoink's turn but it Has been a while.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2011, 12:57:04 am »

Oh for Armok's sake...
No, you're not being impatient, I understand I should've had it done by now! And I was going to have it done in about a few minutes, was just waiting for winter to end and then I'd update, but guess what?
A freaking. Massive. Siege!
FIVE SQUADS of goblins, led by assorted weaponmasters and backed up by trolls. Yikes. This could get messy...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2011, 02:10:03 am »

Why would it get messy?

I got the same sort of thing at the end of my turn and they broke themselves on the trapped entrance and drowning pit. Use them, it is what they are there for.

Station the crossbow dwarves in their crow's nest and station your melee dwarves in the trade depot on the off chance any of the invaders makes it past the entrance, the marksdwarves and the cage traps.

You really are quite secure, unless they are all on flying mounts, or you opened new paths to the surface...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2011, 03:53:48 am »

Errgh, right, I couldn't make heads or tails of the fort's design. Well I guess my archer's guardpost I built messed that plan up.
If you want, I guess you guys could just skip me... I screwed things up pretty bad, a couple of dwarves died.
The only worthwhile things I did were setting up a butchery and making a (quite decent) arena.
What do you guys think? I'm still kindof rubbish at DF, and I didn't realise how the fort was designed. Skip me, or finish this?

Edit: Well, the siege is dealt with, but we lost 5 or 6 dwarves, I think. Mostly the archer squad, and I think two morons who decided to disobey my orders to stay put.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:28:58 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2011, 04:26:27 pm »

It's all good. It's DF, and a succession fort at that. Dwarves die. It's what they call FUN.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2011, 04:49:49 pm »

I'd like you to finish so i get to play in YEAR THIRTEEN also I want to see this arena of yours.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2011, 05:12:32 pm »

From the Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Warrior-Mayoress of Ceilingchew, 28th Obsidian in the Year 12

The goblins came in force, and were defeated through a combination of military might and rather... Underhanded traps.
Personally I prefer the charge, the screams and cries of battle, the feeling as you skewer a vile troll through the head with your spear and watch them slide off like some grotesque shish kebob... I do not see the honour in traps.
But nevertheless, the goblins and their troll allies have been routed, although at the cost of six dwarves, if my counting is correct. They died happy, however, knowing they died fighting our age-old enemy for the future of the fortress. They will be remembered.

In addition to those bearing our honoured fallen to their various resting places, there is an army of haulers dragging various bloody chunks of troll and goblin bits from the field of battle into the refuse stockpile, so as not to attract too many scavengers.

Let us never forget the bravery of Zasit Desorkol Therleth Basen and the rest of the bronze thorns, who held the breach against an overwhelming force of goblin archers, killing many, and continuing to fire bolt after bolt even as they were surrounded by the baying beasts.

Their deaths have brought to light a tragic gap in our defences, a small slope left intact when the guardtower was built. I shall have it fixed, of course, but it's too late to save our casualties. On the bright side, better to fight and die in battle than to hide away like cowards!
On that note, time to test the arena. We shall slaughter our captives to honour the fallen.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25