Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!  (Read 39996 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2011, 02:33:54 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5010

Done! And I'll probably edit this with a journal entry, too. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2011, 05:16:20 am »

Downloaded it. Get started in the morning 'cos it's 8 pm here (australia) and i wake up early.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2011, 03:57:44 pm »

Journal of Pokey, overseer of ceilingchew. 8 of Granite.

So Yagor Cogudos has retired as overseer to "commit more time to training" Her last actions before she left were to have us all gather in a circle around her. Then she closed her eyes, spun around a couple time and fired blindly into the crowd with a crossbow. I'm the one who's bleeding so I guess that makes me Boss. Well having looked around this place for a bit I Already got an idea of what I'll be doing for the year.

First thing is first i'm gonna have to fix that entrance. While completley unassailable by enemy forces it does slow traffic down to pretty much nothing. I Mean i Saw 8 naked dwarves struggling to get past each over at one spot. Looked like a godamn orgy. Lets see if we can't make a way out of the fort that doesn't involve humping our way to freedom.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2011, 04:31:27 pm »

Real dwarves have no need of goin' outside.

Bunch of feckin' elves, want to go dance around in the feckin' moonlight.

If you want to dance, dance in the light of magma.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2011, 04:40:41 pm »

11th of granite year 13

A goblin maceman has survived the drowning trap and is frightening all the workers in the path of doom. I tried to explain to them that he was to far away to kill them and there was no way for him to get up here, But I was interupted by a goblin maceman... Yelling what I assume were racial slurs.

This guy.

On another note I got los on the surface doing a lumber check. It can be difficult to find an 3x1 hole in the ground so I'm putting up some pillars to make it easier to find. As for the Path of doom itself I have decided on an array of overlapping Retractable bridges. These should give Our dwarves some more space to walk while keeping the risk of invasion mininmal. I'm also adding a marksdwarf pillbox as an extra precaution. Mind you this fort has more fallback defences then it really needs already.

As for why I want the path to bemore accessible Well I have an idea.

23rd of graainte.

Bloody Armok! A woodcutter was attacked by a raccon. This is worse then that siege we had. I shall mobilize the military at once. Fear not Mezubuth zedonuk We'll slay the fearsome beast which troubles you so!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 04:57:26 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2011, 05:10:56 pm »

With all of that power you have available you could make a pumpstack and plumb the path-o-doom with magma...
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2011, 05:13:12 pm »

I wanted to do something with the power, but I can never get mechanics and such to work. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2011, 05:31:13 pm »

I just got my first magma pump stack working on a fort I use for experimenting. It was quite satisfying.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2011, 05:34:01 pm »

With all of that power you have available you could make a pumpstack and plumb the path-o-doom with magma...

I've never actualy used a pumpstack. But right now I'm linking all the waterwheels together. So maybe I'll try a pumpstack. we'll see.

15th Slate year 13

Migrants! Filthy stinking wretched Migrants! Oh how I hate them all. Best see about getting these Swine in their pen before they get thier shit all over the place! We now have 214 living in this gloroius Cavity
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:36:39 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2011, 10:22:05 pm »

4 felsite year 13

Noodle gave birth to a boy who shall be named "Udon" he will join the ever expanding family of Crustypeanut and noodle along with his siblings
Crunchymacadamia
Soba
Ramen
and Mie Goreng.

on an unrelated note I have reinstated the Fortress guard. Too long have we gone without justice. The are clad in leather and armed with wooden crossbows.
I have also refurbished the jail to stop the captain of the guard bitching at me.

Also whining is almost every other noble. Apparently noone has satisfactory rooms.

As for projects i intend to build a necropolis and an apartment comeplex As I cant seem to find enough tombs or bedrooms to house the rest of the fortress.

Finally I am linking all the retractable bridges in the Path of Doom to a orthoclase lever in an office on the second level.

14th felsite year 13

The elves have come to trade cloth and rare, fantastic and delicious creatures for any old rock we just find on the ground and hit with a hammer a few times. I hope in vain that these elves will have figured out how to use soap.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:23:14 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2011, 10:48:44 pm »

SUMMER

3rd of hematite year 13
Journal of Pokey Overseer of ceilingchew.

Summer has come and the elflings are as annoying as always, bring only a single grizzley bear and a single panda. The panda will be butchered and the grizzley traind as a warbear. Last season I ordered the smiths to stud everything with lead in order to make reduce the burden this heavy metal has on our stockpiles. They were so thorough that we no longer have any lead.

On a militaristic note i Have the two new crossbow squads training in the new archery range.

We have a new artifact which is sure to please the Deathsmiths

16th of hematite.
Noodle has been elected as mayor. I imagine it's be her offspring make up a third of the forts population. Her food based family must be very proud.

(ooc seriously who the hell puts peanuts in noodles? )
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:12:15 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2011, 11:29:55 pm »

5th of malachite yaddayadda

A Farmer/militia captain was possesed and has claimed a bowyers workshop. he grabbed a single log and got right to work building a ... Larch bow. -_-#

We may have an elf sympathizer here. Knew i should have killed those merchants.

15th malachite

Migrants. Migrants have arrived. I am going to state here in great detail EXACTLY how i feel about migrants.

I am quite unfond of them.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:48:20 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2011, 11:36:00 pm »

He was possessed by an elven ghost! Kill the heretic!

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 05, 2011, 12:19:48 am »

He was possessed by an elven ghost! Kill the heretic!
I sorta want to make a squad , put him in the squad armed with precious bow of his and then throw him into magma. Or the teeth of a forgotten beats.

Also does anyone know what the hell happend here

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(the white stuff is Frozen extract)
Are we polluting the underground lakes now? The cave elves are gonna be pissed.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 05, 2011, 12:30:53 am »

14th of galena. year 13

The outdoor project is coming along nicely now. I Think we'll be finished before the year is done (bar invasions). Then i'll probably be Exiled for missappropriation of resources. But I don't care this will be an even greater monument than That artifact figurine. And just as usefull.
On a more practical note i have found a good site for a pumpstack and have requisitioned The materials for 30 iron screw pumps to be made. I doubt the stack shall be completed before I am ejected from office but i should have started it at least.

16th galena.
Human traders have come for a visit.

21 galena
An ambush! Curse them.

The crafty goblins ambushed they human caravan pretty much in the Path of Doom. This probably isn't going to end well.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:23:10 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25