Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chantelise  (Read 3503 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Chantelise
« on: July 23, 2011, 10:15:17 am »

The game is now out! Available from gamersgate and soon from steam!

http://www.carpefulgur.com/chantelise/

Like Recettear, Chantelise is an EasyGameStation game and the title comes from mashing the names of the two lead characters together. Chante and Elise are sisters with a problem. Chante disobeyed her mother’s orders not to go out when a red moon is overhead. When Elise went after her sister, she discovered she was now a fairy. So Elise and Chante head off into various dungeons to try and find the witch that cast a spell on Chante.

Unlike Recettear, Chantelise is a straightforward, action-RPG. There’s no item shop to manage. Just lots of dungeons to go through, fighting baddies. Or fishing. There’s supposed to be a rather fun fishing mini-game available.
RELEASING JULY 29TH
ON STEAM, GAMERSGATE AND OTHER PC DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:23:58 am by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chantelise
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:43:23 am »

Downloading NAOW.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 11:11:17 am »

Same here, glad to hear they are getting another translation done.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:04:34 pm »

Except someone else already translated it?

Id rather they translated an other untranslated game.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:06:53 pm by Empty »

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 12:15:30 pm »

Except someone else already translated it?

Id rather they translated an other untranslated game.

But, see, that was a fan-translation. This is an official one that actually nets EGS money. Plus, well, it's probably a better translation in the first place.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 12:19:00 pm »

Yeah I heard the first translation wasn't too accurate. I just finished the demo, I was a bit surprised how hard the game was, though Recettear wasn't easy either. The last boss took 5-7 tries.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

stoney834

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 12:20:46 pm »

What's chantelise? Wasn't that the name of the fairy from recet...downloading.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 12:26:26 pm »

Personally if it's just a fan translation that is out there, I would never have played the game in the first place. Mostly because that would entail pirating the Japanese game or buyin the Japanese game. Neither action of which I could personally bother to do. (I never have and never will buy a game which uses a language I can't understand. I'm glad to see an actual copy of the game going to be available on Steam. Should be fun if Recettears dungeon system is any indication. Anyone know if the stats system is more involved? I'd assume so, but I won't get a chance to play for a good four to eight hours.

Fake Edit: Stony, Tear was the fairy from Recettear. It seems EGS enjoys making titles out of the two main characters names.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 01:30:12 pm »

How's the demo?  I liked recettear so I might pick this up when its on steam.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 11:11:02 am »

Chantelise can be now preordered from gamersgate:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CHANTE/chantelise-a-tale-of-two-sisters

preorder bonus 10 %

I'll wait a while for steam preorder though.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 11:58:29 am »

I have got to say the game is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Haven't even managed to make it to the first boss without getting my ass kicked by bats. It's pretty fun though.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 12:46:56 pm »

Installing now. Let's see how good this game is...
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 01:12:57 pm »

I have got to say the game is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Haven't even managed to make it to the first boss without getting my ass kicked by bats. It's pretty fun though.

Yeah you cant just rush to foes and spam attack, the game requires a bit more careful approach. The boss fight was a lot easier after figuring out its attacks and how to avoid them.

I heard there was somekind of hidden insect boss or something, can someone confirm this?

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 01:57:45 pm »

Freaking hell. Managed to defeat the boss, and hell that was hard. The jump attack is evil. Even after figuring out the theory to avoid it, I still couldn't avoid it always.  Took me a few tries. In fact, took me a few tries to even GET to the boss, thankfully the town sells hp raising items. If this is the first boss in the game I dread what would be the end boss. It will be awesome! Look forward the actual release.

On a more technical note, the game looks pretty decent outside some pretty bad camera controls.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 07:57:44 pm »

Is this that 3D game where you collect coloured gems to attack with or something?
I vaguely recall playing something like that..
Gems are used for magic attacks, so I'm guessing yes.

Geez, they really made the boss quite a step up in difficulty from the rest of the level didn't they?
The jump attack is evil.
You're not kidding about that.

On a more technical note, the game looks pretty decent outside some pretty bad camera controls.
It's not that bad on a 360 controller.
Pages: [1] 2