Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 454971 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

They know you're ready for them, they just want to make sure the migrants and traders can't get in.

How do you make bells out of stone and ceramic?

infrequentLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very carefully and with no regard to the sound.

Why do various bird people approach your fort only to flee in terror at the sight of your terrified civilians?
Bugs from Normal Games: "The game stutters for six seconds before crashing."
Bugs from Broken Games: "The lighting is weird and the characters have no faces."
Bugs from Dwarf Fortress: "The horses outnumber us. I have seen settlements with a thousand horses to a man. I have seen them in the deepest caverns. They are everywhere. Liberate te ex equus."

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

Because they are very gentle and kind souls who can't bear to see the terror of others.

How can my blacksmith kick a giant in the head so hard he knocks the beast unconscious?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Blacksmithing trains strength. :P That connects with unarmed combat and modifies the power of unarmed attacks, like kicking.

((gah mistook this thread for another one! :-X))

Why can undead climb again? I figure this was asked before but...that's 2 z-levels of wall there. Nearly more than 6*~2 feet.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:21:11 am by Tiruin »

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In order to balance the undead nerfs The Great Toady One enabled them to climb.

Why do animal people live with the humans and not the nature loving hippies elves?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Because they don't want to be eaten.

Why did I not think of a decent question?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Because a decent answer is hard to get these days.

Why(TF) can't my homeless citizens just sleep in the nice inn/tavern I made earlier? There's plenty of beds set up, why did you pick the dirt again?!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why take a bed when you can sleep on the infinitely more comfortable ground.

Why do my dwarves stand on the top of a tree while cutting it down?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Why take a bed when you can sleep on the infinitely more comfortable ground.

Why do my dwarves stand on the top of a tree while cutting it down?
Because the ground shakes every time a tree is felled. Why would you stand on something that is so unstable that it shakes?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile

To test how unstable the platform truly is, of course!

Why in the world did the kobolds name one of their thieves "Stronger"?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That way, he can argue with an adventurer named "Strongest".

Why did my dwarf bite a chunk out of a werebeast? Isn't he supposed to be afraid of getting were-kangaroo-ism?

And yes, it was a werekangaroo.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

To infect it with dwarfism.

Why do whole groups of arena mode critters sometimes stand around gormlessly while the opposing group turns them into shish kebab?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

They are discussing the nature of reality.

Why is Arena Mode a thing? Surely the entire world is an arena for the glory of Armok.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

To answer all those burning, essential questions; like 'How many knife-armed gibbon men does it take to defeat an armored zombie whale'.

Why oh why do world-generated soldiers have such a disdain for gauntlets and boots?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Because fuck shoes, man.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 301