Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 465710 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #4275 on: September 10, 2015, 09:03:58 pm »

Because the dwarven bulletin boards don't support poll generation.

If shaving the beard of a male dorf is emasculating, what is it called when you shave the beard of a female dorf?

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #4276 on: September 14, 2015, 02:39:23 pm »

Emasculating.  Don't you try and push your gender-normative lingo here, man.  Dwarfs be dwarfs.

Why did I sound like I was smoking weed in my head when I wrote that?

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: September 17, 2015, 10:25:21 am »

Usage of ", man" makes you sound like a hippy and they smoke weed.

Why are dwarves really impressed with big rooms full of chairs, tables and pictures made by decent but not amazing stoneworkers?
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4278 on: September 17, 2015, 08:28:33 pm »

Decent for dwarf is awesome for human.  The thing about dwarves is, they're constantly impressed by every cool craft they see.  Sort of like art admirers in a city full of amateur painters from a region known for its painters.

Gee, that really elucidated a lot.

How did Dwarf Fortress come from "2d and heavily structured" to "stuff happens randomly, you do whatever the hell you want" and yet it still is not only good, but amazing?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Garrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Facebook.com
« Reply #4279 on: September 19, 2015, 04:21:03 am »

How did Dwarf Fortress come from "2d and heavily structured" to "stuff happens randomly, you do whatever the hell you want" and yet it still is not only good, but amazing?
A fey mood.

When a former expedition leader passes a master-work statues of themself being removed from their post all over the fortress, does the good thought from the quality, overcome the negative thought from being reminded about being removed from their post?
Is there any way to remove mud outdoors?
Yea, use dirt roads to clear off the mud.
Garrie.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: September 19, 2015, 05:40:50 am »

Yes, as long as they aren't surrounded by lizards and looking terrified while being removed from their post in the statue.

Why are statues of other dorfs surrounded by things that terrify them such a popular subject?

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: September 19, 2015, 06:28:01 am »

Dwarves all secretly want to be H.P.Lovecraft.

How come you can push carts along drawbridges?
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: September 19, 2015, 02:05:25 pm »

Dwarves can't help but build a bridge with minecart tracks built in. Its why it takes them so damn long to build one. The bridge itself also retracts into the surroundings via those same tracks.

Why do dwarves get upset about the same dead guy repeatedly?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

gestahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: September 19, 2015, 10:10:23 pm »

They're remembering how long it took to get the blood out of their socks.

Why can dwarves hate toads?
Cultural assimilation through conquest.
Sure, got a few unburied corpses lying around

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: September 19, 2015, 10:25:01 pm »

Because toady takes so long to fix somethings, and they (Our current dwarfs) are not in the new version

Why cant hydras regrow there heads?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: September 20, 2015, 12:45:08 am »

They don't want to end up in dwarven infinite-hydra-bacon farms.

Why does a superlegendary hammerlord go into every battle bare-fisted?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: September 20, 2015, 08:36:57 pm »

They're so good at hammering they can do hammer moves WITHOUT THE HAMMER.

Why are pre-kill one-liners not in the game yet?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: September 20, 2015, 10:14:14 pm »

Putting a foe in a position where you can deliver a coup de grâce and deliver it before killing them isn't yet an option.

Why do dorfs prefer to punch endlessly at the head of an unconscious foe rather than applying a chokehold and strangling them?

GiantCaveMushroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Born Pessimist
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain w
« Reply #4288 on: September 23, 2015, 09:34:42 pm »

Because it is much dwarfier to crush the head of a foe into a lump of gore by repeatedly punching it than it is to choke them.

Why do the mountainhomes never send an army to deal with sieging goblins and rampaging megabeasts?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: September 23, 2015, 10:18:12 pm »

because they are too drunk and its your problem

why do dwarves not care about anything?
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 301