Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 465667 times)

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #4245 on: September 02, 2015, 08:55:40 am »

There is only one who can, and he exists in our world.

Why do dwarfs not retreat to their rooms to make vile scumbabies?

Because that would not be efficient! Dwarfs, being very efficient creatures, choose rather to mate on the spot, or on the go, as doing it (ha) any other way would put a damper upon their daily-tasks of pleasing their Omniscient Overseer in a timely fashion.

What does Dwarven Science tell us about what lies BELOW the Circus?
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #4246 on: September 02, 2015, 09:23:09 am »

A master work pile of: !!Not Much!!

why do !!dwarves!! not stop drop AND roll?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: September 02, 2015, 01:18:38 pm »

Somersaults require you to be prone and dodging something, and nobody has yet figured out how to dodge being on fire well enough to pull it off yet.

Why don't creatures made of flame ever seem to notice the explosions of steam, blood, vomit, spit, and so forth going off around them?

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: September 02, 2015, 02:51:52 pm »

deleted!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:09:40 pm by qorthos »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: September 02, 2015, 04:53:39 pm »

wrong thread
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

achamalacha

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi there, you might know me from other tags like..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: September 03, 2015, 05:44:36 pm »

Why don't creatures made of flame ever seem to notice the explosions of steam, blood, vomit, spit, and so forth going off around them?

It somewhat similar to the anvil paradoxon. Since the beginning of time they were attacked by random procedual generated "heros" and thus started to lay havok on everything around them. Nowdays they just roll with it.

Why? (actually I couldn't come up with some witty question, and answered by mistake in the first place, so just: why?)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:02:12 pm by achamalacha »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: September 03, 2015, 05:59:40 pm »

They are giant monsters made of fire, they can't exactly get a job at McDonald's

Why don't Minotaurs ever bring weapons to battle?

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: September 04, 2015, 12:02:42 am »

A merchant's guard just attacked one of my dwarves for no reason, and now all the merchants are hostile. What the heck?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: September 04, 2015, 12:50:57 am »

Why don't Minotaurs ever bring weapons to battle?
It's funnier to kill your opponent with their own clothes.
A merchant's guard just attacked one of my dwarves for no reason, and now all the merchants are hostile. What the heck?
Your dwarf was refusing to haggle.

Why is it that dwarves can no longer stand to dig a hole (diggy-diggy hole) without climbing out before it's finished?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: September 04, 2015, 01:05:27 am »

Union.

Why dont dwarves ever use shovels?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: September 04, 2015, 02:06:25 am »

Union.

Why dont dwarves ever use shovels?
What the hell is a shovel?

Is that some sort of strange pick?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: September 04, 2015, 09:40:11 am »

Yes

Why can't dwarves smooth/engrave constructed walls?
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: September 04, 2015, 09:42:49 am »

Because constructions are temporary and engravers don't want to risk their engravings being deconstructed.

What happens to something when it falls down an eerie glowing pit?

GiantCaveMushroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Born Pessimist
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain w
« Reply #4258 on: September 04, 2015, 09:48:17 am »

Nothing. Literally nothing, the glowing pits lead to an infinite nonexistence so whatever falls down it will continue to fall forever and ever without ever landing.

Why do dwarves hoard decaying clothes in their cabinets rather than throwing it into the magma pit?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4259 on: September 04, 2015, 12:36:14 pm »

Are you kidding me?  Do you seriously want to piss of Urists McClothier, Dyer, and Weaver?  The last dwarf that did that ended up in the magma pipe himself.

Why don't clothiers care about clothing rot destroying masterworks?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 301