Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466869 times)

PLANKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Havn't played DF for ages came back to make a nice fort includeing Armok drop death sacrifice pit. Then this:

How does one troll kill all my Dorfs using a pair of Pig Tail Fibre Trousers?

Thats Troll NOT "Troll"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

"MISC item user"

Sorta like how "Mr T" type dwarves can have hundreds of kills using only their bling. :D

Misc item user is serious OP in adv mode too.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why are so many materials entirely impervious against magma?

Quite simple: In worlds where the temperature of Magma is higher the world melts during worldgen. (quite similar to: why are nature constants the way that life as we know it can exist? If they wouldn't, LAWKI would not exist and we couldn't ask the question.)

2nd answer: necros are sneaky 'cause if you were into that you probably wouldn't advertise and the DF world has not Intarwebs to faciliate interaction between such... weirdos.

Q: If quantum entanglement is used already, when can we expect the first long range communication device based on this to directly order booze from the mountainhomes without the Gobbos being able to intercept the message? (or like the temperance movement in "The Haleluja Trail")
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*nerdism alert!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, a colleague... So basically the answer is: physics says "no" (or rather: "probably not, until we really get a hang of it"). On the other hand, you could use the entangled state to provide information to en- and decode a message. The quantum stuff is weird, glad I have no connections to that field, the normal "classical" stuff can be complex enough (I'm a chaos guy...).

What I was referring to is: can you use the quantum-entangled levers to e.g. engage/disengage mechanisms to interface them from one map tile to another (the outpost to the Mountainhome)? Preliminary experiments show that Dwarfputing can provide all necessary gates for, ah, computing.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Garrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Facebook.com

Hi

Having not played for a long time... I now have sheep  :o
which incredibly I can milk, shear AND slaughter!  8)
I have successfully woven the wool into Sheep Wool Cloth.

My clothers workshop refuses to show me any task I can use the Sheep Wool Cloth for.

Any suggestions?
The cloth is in a cloth bin in a stockpile adjacent to the clothiers workshop.
Is there any way to remove mud outdoors?
Yea, use dirt roads to clear off the mud.
Garrie.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There should be an option for Yarn Cloth items. (Wool gets spun into yarn, not thread. Thread cloth is plant based, Yarn cloth is wool based.)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

No question? Meh.

Why did wierd not post a question?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Medical negligence.

How does dwarvern justice deal with medical negligence?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Negligence?  Urist McAxehole got hurt in the foot.  McAxehole was treated.  McAxehole got infected while at the hospital.  McAxehole died as a result.  Nowhere was McDoctor mentioned.  "Send a star and flag to McAxemom, McCaptain."

Why is Mc____ such a common name?  I know they are drunk but are they Irish too?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

To be honest, it's MajorlyCrippled(Profession or act) but dwarves can't be arsed to spell it out completely each time.

How can a fresh fisherdwarf recruit kill a FB that killed the rest of the militia without a scratch in one punch?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Equivalent of dangerroom training, with dwarf eating carp as an occupational hazard has fringe benefits for those who manage to survive.

How can a magma based FB survive in the magma channel network, and not be diluted to death by non-FB based magma?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

The magma Forgotten Beast's magma is of a different viscosity than the magma channel's magma. It's like oil and water, the oil keeps together and floats on top...either that, or the FB remembered his scuba suit made out of duct tape.

How is it that a small steel cleaver can bisect goblins in one swing when the whole blade is smaller than the entire goblin torso?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

h.scorpio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How is it that a small steel cleaver can bisect goblins in one swing when the whole blade is smaller than the entire goblin torso?

Hypothesis:
Steel cleavers, despite being small, are very heavy. Heavy enough to create a strong gravitational field, pulling and warping the goblin body towards the edge while compressing it. As the body hits the edge, the torso has reached the diameter of a nail and the cleaver has no trouble cutting it in half.

Spy227X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why Fluffy Wamblers kill BCs.
Is this freshwater or saltwater? Because alternatively you could breed a large amount of crocodiles and unleash them into the waters... indirect genocide.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 301