Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111277 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2012, 08:28:34 pm »

And as a double post, how balanced are people finding the gameplay? Are there any obviously killer skills, or skill-combos early on? From what I remember of the open beta, AOE seemed pretty sweet. Does a WD with extra-big-exploding-grenade, the int-sucking thing and a few dogs go spastic? Or is it barb-super-choppy-life-leech that takes the cake? In open-beta, the resource system did feel fairly skewed to magic users, with WDs having their "I don't really need it" mana-ball. Did this translate over to the game proper, or is it a bit better balanced across the classes between litte-hits/chargers, cool-downs and big-stomps.

Just wondering, as there was a fair bit of theory crafting done on various forums. How did it actually pan out in the game?
It's a game. Have fun.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2012, 10:36:13 pm »

Played a wizard for around 4.5 hours today,  didn't try out any multiplayer, but from what I can tell at low levels Weapon Damage trumps everything.  Around level 10 I upgraded from 10 to 17 dps, and suddenly fights that had been difficult were trivialized.  Unlocking new spells just gives you new and interesting ways to apply your DPS, and various survivability utilities.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 15, 2012, 10:41:10 pm »

And as a double post, how balanced are people finding the gameplay? Are there any obviously killer skills, or skill-combos early on? From what I remember of the open beta, AOE seemed pretty sweet. Does a WD with extra-big-exploding-grenade, the int-sucking thing and a few dogs go spastic? Or is it barb-super-choppy-life-leech that takes the cake? In open-beta, the resource system did feel fairly skewed to magic users, with WDs having their "I don't really need it" mana-ball. Did this translate over to the game proper, or is it a bit better balanced across the classes between litte-hits/chargers, cool-downs and big-stomps.

Just wondering, as there was a fair bit of theory crafting done on various forums. How did it actually pan out in the game?

I think it's really only a question that's relative to the difficulty you're playing at. All the way up to the Skeleton King on normal, it hasn't really been a challenge so far, except for the rare monster swarms. A little snappier than the beta. But apparently it picks up in act 2.

And now it seems Battle.net servers are having an issue. :| I really hope I don't get rolled back. (And oh god, I can't believe I'm even saying that.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:43:17 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 15, 2012, 10:44:20 pm »

Hehehehehehhehehehehehhehehe....

I am atm installing Diablo III!!!!!!

So... Three Guest Passes. Should I give them out as a comp or is it just not worth it??? :P Also. Why do they have a Guest Pass for WoW still? I thought that it was F2P -> Lv20 already...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 15, 2012, 10:45:22 pm »

The game gets harder/much more entertaining in a group/past the opening 10 levels. Resource systems start to even out and become management-necessary, defensive skills go from "nice to watch" to mandatory. I've had some boss packs seriously injure me very quickly, and a couple  flat-out kill me even when I *was* paying attention.

On a side-note... hot damn the environments are done well.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 15, 2012, 10:47:19 pm »

In case anyone was wondering about server status, it is down for US and EU again, Asia still up.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 15, 2012, 10:53:24 pm »

Well if one want to trade a pass into diablo-3 i could give an invite into firefall beta as soon i get an invite token wich shouldnt be that long.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2012, 10:57:52 pm »

Just a bit more info about the DiabloIII Guest passes, if no one has explained them yet...
Its basic Blizzard styled "Free". You are given a certain amount of leyway but it gets you only a few hours or so of enjoyment without it ending like a Timed Demo, but it is in fact more a Demo then anything else...

From the card;
"The Guest Account allows you to play Diablo III for free up to the Skeleton King Boss in Act I. Note that certain game features are restricted on Guest Accounts - To remove these restrictions, please upgrade to the full version of the game."
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2012, 10:58:25 pm »

Beat it with my monk about an hour or two ago, pretty interesting

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2012, 11:00:55 pm »

Well my account is starteredition so i wont need that key i guess. Now i will have to find that money to get the game. Man i really dont want to support that always-online but they know since we like enough we will accept the unacceptable...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 15, 2012, 11:05:13 pm »

If anybody has trouble with the installer not working, this worked for me:

http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/sjkvb/diablo_3_install_fix/
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 15, 2012, 11:28:29 pm »

So a starter pass is essentially what the D3 open beta was, just with gamers from the full version and full-release abilities/trade-house?

Hmmmm, I might give it a go if anyone has a spare guest pass. It'll be about a week and a half before I can buy the game (lovely fortnightly work pays), so if anyone has a spare, I'll happily take one.

Is there still the thing that beta had with loading skills/player animations? I found that entering new levels/dungeons (mainly "hole" levels, where the environent changed completely), it was always best to use your skills so that they're memory loaded, otherwise it could be lag-ahoy. Has it gotten better, or was it just a beta issue? Or a computer issue (4 gig I3 with a low-range g.card)?
It's a game. Have fun.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 15, 2012, 11:33:47 pm »

Sent ya a guest pass.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 15, 2012, 11:41:32 pm »

Cheers, I'll give it a burl. Hope my guest characters can live their life well. For the week-and-a-bit that they'll need too.

Say, I know it's a bit of an off-forum question, but is "The Amazon Basin" looking into doing anything big in D3?
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 16, 2012, 12:01:14 am »

Well, servers still seem to be down, different error for Americas compared to Asia/Europe. I'm assuming it's guest-pass-americas specific.

Thanks for the guest pass though. I'm going to test some of the stranger low-end builds if I can.

As an aside point, here's a handy hint for players just trying to "pseudo-wardial" their way into the server log-in. Even with "remember" password, the log-in can be slow. So remove that option and manual log-in. Make a notepad document of your password, copy it, paste into the client, and click log-in in the client.

When the servers are up, but at capacity, it makes quicker and more tries at log-in then any other way.

Click, Ctrl-V and click log-in, repeat. It was the only way I could get onto the beta servers in any given time-frame easily.

Now we just need working servers for a bit.
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 98