Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111288 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #285 on: May 15, 2012, 03:17:02 pm »

Caved and bought it to tide me over until GW2. Got a few hours in last night in between the server failures.

Monk is so much fun, punching undead and demons in the face.  :D Want to try witchdoctor next since Necro was one of my favs in D2.

I haven't gotten that far but the game is really, really easy compared to D1/D2. Maybe it's just because I've grown up with ARPGs but meh...

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 15, 2012, 03:19:26 pm »

It ramps up after a little bit, don't worry.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 15, 2012, 03:21:09 pm »

Good Lord. Witch doctors. They use bats as a flamethrower like some kind of pyromanical voodoo batman. I think I just have found my favorite class in any RPG ever.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #288 on: May 15, 2012, 03:24:59 pm »

It ramps up after a little bit, don't worry.
This.

The first bit is like a tutorial. Hell there were times when I could go get a soda and come back mid fight without worrying...

Now I'm getting my ass kicked, and it's awesome.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2012, 03:26:04 pm »

I used to get my ass kicked in the first dungeon, and I enjoyed it!

Kids nowadays.  ;D

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to throwing spiders at people, flaming bats, and zombie bears.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:27:45 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2012, 03:29:16 pm »

Also... Who else was incredibly disappointed when

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2012, 03:33:46 pm »

So i've been downloading this for about a day now... it says 7H to go... To think that i'd have been done in 2.5 hours at full speed...

I think i'll try to sleep so that it's done when i wake up.

I'll probably play a wizard first, i was a paladin in D2 but i don't see anything similar to it in D3. Everyone seems to be playing monk, but i don't like the idea of hand to hand combat. Barbarian is too unrefined for me. I'm not a fan of the demon hunter (in my mind it's just an archer mixed with some sort of rogue). I also dislike the style of the voodoo guy (both the art and how he fights). So that leaves the wizard. Magic is cool. I'll play that. But i'd be playing an armored knight if there was one.

Also i never touched the beta or anything so it'll be a completely fresh experience for me.

COME ON, game, finish downloading already !!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2012, 04:06:31 pm »

So, server was up starting at 1:30, and now they announced it's going down again in 10 minutes.

hahah oh wow.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 15, 2012, 04:13:16 pm »

First death: Found a boss pack of teleporting charger beasts. Flattened. It was spectacular.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #294 on: May 15, 2012, 04:17:39 pm »

First death: Found a boss pack of teleporting charger beasts. Flattened. It was spectacular.
Mine was while running from a group of nightmarish zombie vomiter chicks, I ran into a group of bigger zombies with knockback. I kept being knocked back, feared, knocked back, etc.

sparhawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2012, 04:19:08 pm »

Does anyone have a guest pass for the starter edition I could use? I'd like to see how well it runs on my computer before I buy. Thanks!

Is it in the normal boxed copy?  If so I can send you one after I get off work.  (approx 4 hours from now)

Yeah, I think so.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 15, 2012, 04:32:35 pm »

Managed to kill the Blacksmith's wife with a friend before the second downtime. That cooled me off a little. Game seems to run kinda choppily when you first get in, but after like 10 mins it's smooth as butter. So while the downtime shenanigans blow, at the very least I got to enjoy it for a reasonable amount of time.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2012, 04:34:59 pm »

I know it's not much consolation, but while their releases are always rough, once service stabilizes the outages are rare and mostly regular (typically Tuesdays at around 10 AM Pacific, for maintenance. If there's a patch, it'll 99.9% of the time be then).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 15, 2012, 04:39:39 pm »

I've been there for WoW expansion releases, and WoW maintenance. I was ok with it there because I agreed with the premise that WoW is an MMO that necessitates all those things. I still don't disagree with the premise that Diablo 3 is the same...and makes it that much more difficult to take downtime and stupid shit gracefully.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2012, 05:33:07 pm »

Can you use the same character in solo and multi, or do you have to make a different one ?

I'm asking because if you can't use the same character, then the whole "always online" thing makes no sense to me.

If you can, then it's understandable as an anti-cheating measure.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:36:14 pm by Sirian »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 98