Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should be our stance toward the Infidels?

A) Open Warfare: Shoot them as soon as we can.
- 15 (48.4%)
B) Cold War: Establish borders, and try to out-grow them.
- 16 (51.6%)
C) No War: Let's share the solar system.... For now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: Let's Play Aurora:Jihad In Space Well, it is dead... But a new one is coming!  (Read 40409 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Aurora Multiplayer: Inter-forums Jihad. In Space!
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2011, 06:27:45 pm »

I voted "A" by mistake.   :P

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2011, 06:41:44 pm »

I'm keeping my eyes on this one. Also thinking of playing Aurora, this will help me work on strategy and gameplay before diving headfirst into chaos myself :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Thranx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2011, 07:47:32 pm »

I think that in order to keep track of edits for orders each player on this forum should pick a color for their edits I will pick green

Anyway here is my edit for the orders the major change that I propose is that we dedicate our best scientist to research increased research speeds  as the soon we get them the longer they have to pay off and in games like gaining or not gaining superior technology will win or lose the game thus research speeds should be our first priority

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2011, 09:03:41 am »

Oh yeah, that giant survey vessel should totally dive in and out of Uranus, probing for the stuff of life!  Heyah!  :P

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2011, 01:48:33 pm »

Eventually, Insha'Allah, the Caliph should assert his superiority over the infidels by terraforming Venus.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2011, 02:39:17 pm »

Eventually, Insha'Allah, the Caliph should assert his superiority over the infidels by terraforming Venus.

It would be even more impressive if we terraform Mercury

(Into a methane atmosphere!)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2011, 03:42:23 pm »

I've voted B, which should change to A as soon as it's safe to do so. As it should be!
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2011, 12:25:45 am »

Keep the war cold folks. At least until we relocate our capital to another star system.

About the infrastructure, couldn't you alter the stats of Titan with the SM a little bit, just enough to raise the base temp enough so it can be fully terraformed? Or if not, why not use one of its sister moons?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2011, 05:32:16 am »

hmm can i be a captain of a battlecruiser? (luckily i won't be giving orders, just to know what one of our battlecruisers will eventually do)
name it Garibaldi (the battlecruiser) if you can.
(starting to play with italian themed ships and officers XD)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2011, 01:48:32 am »

Keep the war cold folks. At least until we relocate our capital to another star system.

About the infrastructure, couldn't you alter the stats of Titan with the SM a little bit, just enough to raise the base temp enough so it can be fully terraformed? Or if not, why not use one of its sister moons?

The temperature problem with Titan has to do with its distance from the sun.  The other moons have similar problems due to being similar distances from the sun.  Besides, Titan is acceptable gravity-wise, which may not be the case with other planets.  Have to chalk up the Titan infastructure to the limits of SM.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2011, 01:57:50 am »

Great, I keep getting error 94 now, must have misdesignated something during combat
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2011, 11:39:09 am »

The temperature problem with Titan has to do with its distance from the sun.  The other moons have similar problems due to being similar distances from the sun.  Besides, Titan is acceptable gravity-wise, which may not be the case with other planets.  Have to chalk up the Titan infastructure to the limits of SM.

Not really. I've read something about it on the Aurora Forums. The creator reduced the base temperature in titan more than he did on the other moons, to reach the correct final temperature, as, if I remember correctly, as he wasn't aware of how the real titan is more reflective than the game makes it so. This also had the side effect of making Titan impossible to completely terraform, which isn't true for it's sister moons, which all have a slightly higher base temperature.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2011, 03:58:50 pm »

From Tales of Wonders and Warfare, the memoir or Jamal el-Sarawid, Vizir of his Highness Sheb the Great, Commander of the Believers, Successor of the Prophet, Light of the World and Caliph.

1st January 1542

The GE Mosul, the first spacecraft to leave Titan since Armageddon depart to survey Saturn and its Moon. May Allah grant us the minerals we'll need to crush the infidels!

21st  January

God is Great! Duranium was found on Phoeboe, 20,000 tons of it in rich deposit near the surface, easily accessible.

3rd February

The Mosul found great deposits on Titania. We shall not let the infidels use them, but instead use those against them!

Spoiler: Minerals on Titania (click to show/hide)

19th March

Due to its outstanding scholarship, the ulema Abdul al-Azred was awarded an audience with the Caliph. His staff was greatly motivated and he now say that he can make a breakthrough in information technology that could greatly improve our labs' efficiency. The new technologies should be ready for deployment by mid-june instead of mid-july.

17th of April

The Mosul finish surveying the Outer Planets and will now explore the Oort Clout. May Allah grant us some more minerals.

27th of May

Three Hufhuf class Gunboats are finished. They will stay in orbit as reserve should some of our Carrier- or PDC-based squadron suffer losses.

17th of June
Abdul al-Azred was right. It is estimated that our labs are now 20% more effective. Happy with his success, the Caliph ordered him to pursue his works on information technology. Al-Azred has promised him further advance by February next year.

2nd of July
Shade Night, an Amir-ul-Ashar (Commodore) was put into command of the Garibaldi PDC. He is said to have many political connection and could well become Amir-ul-Jaish (Admiral) one day.

5th of September
I am afraid the infidels will win this war. Already I can see their spies everywhere, I am sure they are counterfeiting our survey report. The Lord wouldn't let us with so few minerals.

7th of November
Their spies are everywhere. They wage a constant war of nerves against me. I must find a way to counter-attack.

31th of December
They have taken control of the Caliph's mind! After I executed half of the High Council for High Treason (how fitting!) the Caliph ordered me executed for murders and conspiracy against the Realm!
May Allah bring reason into  his mind and victory into his hands, and may the remaining Councellor make sure he follow His will.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2011, 03:59:31 pm »

State of the Caliphate

Spoiler: Titan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technologies (click to show/hide)
Please point out any error, and excuse my lateness. Next turn should be up by next weekend. Also, I fixed Titan's temperature. The drop in emissions is due to the removal of the now useless 2,000,000 infrastructures.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:18:59 pm by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Aurora: Inter-forums Jihad In Space. Now with updates!
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2011, 04:07:53 pm »

Can we get info on currently active scientists and research projects?

Also, those are some awesome mineral deposits on Titania, though we'll probably want to keep an eye out for more Corundium and Neutronium.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30