Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Moment  (Read 1160 times)

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress Moment
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:05:50 pm »

I've been playing this game for a very long time, and this is easily one of my favorite moments.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Moment
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 12:38:56 pm »

Update. He's now haunting the butchers shop.

I have slabs, but having him there just seems so awesome.

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 01:04:07 pm »

I had a moment like this once. My fortress was in a bit of a bad way, and a lot of folks were unhappy, One peasant, Cog, attends a meeting with the expedition leader, when suddenly my expedition leader goes into a fell mood. He grabs Cog, waltzes over to the butcher shop, and makes the most horrifying chair ever. Fortunately Cog had absolutely NO skills, and as such, was litterally worth more to me as a chair.

The icing on the cake was my expedition leader's thoughts: "He has witnessed death lately. He has been cried on by a citizen lately. He has complained about the lack of chairs lately."
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 05:22:40 pm »

I had a moment like this once. My fortress was in a bit of a bad way, and a lot of folks were unhappy, One peasant, Cog, attends a meeting with the expedition leader, when suddenly my expedition leader goes into a fell mood. He grabs Cog, waltzes over to the butcher shop, and makes the most horrifying chair ever. Fortunately Cog had absolutely NO skills, and as such, was litterally worth more to me as a chair.

The icing on the cake was my expedition leader's thoughts: "He has witnessed death lately. He has been cried on by a citizen lately. He has complained about the lack of chairs lately."

I hope he made Mayor. That there is a dwarf that solves problems. Personally.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 07:09:58 pm »

You should build the mayor office from this chair. Imagine the next meeting :
"- Well, Sir, this can't keep on ! We are litterally sleeping on the floor due to the lack of beds !
 - Do you think I am not aware of this, Asdut ?
 - Well, if you're aware, how come we're -
 - A few years ago another fellow came to me and complained we were lacking chairs. But I knew that already. It pissed me off, you can understand. So I cracked his skull open with a rock and used his bones to make the chair I sit upon at this very moment. Tell me now, Asdut : don't you think I'm aware of the lack of beds ?"

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 10:34:04 pm »

Were either of them married? If so, gift.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 11:51:39 pm »

That is beautiful. Instant Dwarfy Karma. With a memento to remind future rescuees to be more grateful.

Also like that chair story. Would LOVE to see a description of either of these fine artifacts. (Never had a fell or macabre mood. Tantrum spirals tend to kill everyone the least but unhappy in my forts, and happy folks just don't do that kind of thing.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]