Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: ITT: Best/Most Amazing/Mostest Deliscious food your dwarves have made.  (Read 5277 times)

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I am about to rename my .exe to BreakfestFortress.  My cook, who has all the mussels, eggs, and... well thats it apart from 100-odd units of meat that I brought from embark... and all he has made is biscuits, and more or less omelets... :O so I wuz reading the description for some musselbuiscuits;

This is a stack of 7 exceptional prepared mussel biscuits.  The ingredients are exceptionally minced cow meat, and finely minced mussel.

And that actually sounded appetizing to me.  HMMM.....

So anyway, if Urist McCookingbabies makes something interesting, revolting, or just plain delishush, post it here. :'3c

Edit:
Durp easy=biscuit.

WELL.

still, put some of the better combinations of ingredients you've gotten here. B:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:55:01 am by Elisebambi »

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile

Most of my meals don't look appetizing at all.  Lots of them are pure dog tallow. 
A lot of them have appetizing names, like "Cow Cheese Roast", but they always end up having bat spleens or pig brains or something.  Of course, I've never tried a spleen or a brain in real life, but I don't like the sound of it.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A forgotten beast meat roast that also had honey and dwarven sugar and elephant fat in it. I liked to imagine it being a glaze and gravy that the gods would be proud of. The forgotten beast meat came from a giant sauropod.

Tasty!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:22:22 am by Lexx »

Zdrok

• Bay Watcher
  • You are melting!
    • View Profile

The most delicious meal my legendary chef ever made was a roast of the intestines of several animals.  You don't even want to know what he makes some times.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile

Isn't a cow cheese roast basically a plate of burnt-on-cheese?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of my meals don't look appetizing at all.  Lots of them are pure dog tallow. 
A lot of them have appetizing names, like "Cow Cheese Roast", but they always end up having bat spleens or pig brains or something.  Of course, I've never tried a spleen or a brain in real life, but I don't like the sound of it.

I sampled some cooked cow brain a few months ago, and it wasn't half bad. Consistency was soft and reminded me of liver.

Anyway, the DF meals I like were those where some meat or organ is 'seasoned' with quarry bush leaves/sugar/syrup (one of the high quality spices). Meat and goat cheese roasts also sound great. Intestines with quarry bush leaves and tallow reminds me of sausage. Meat with wine (I usually disable cooking alcohol, feeling like it's an exploit. But sometimes I forget to forbid cooking the rarer alcohols bought from the merchants and see this.) sounds good. Pig meat marinated with strawberry wine...  :P
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:35:06 am by Pan »

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My guys cook a lot of sugar and flour roasts, I imagine these meals are quite delicious... my forts tend to be vegetarian.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile

My guys cook a lot of sugar and flour roasts, I imagine these meals are quite delicious... my forts tend to be vegetarian.
BURN THE ELF!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IMHO it is very Human to raise and kill animals for their meat; it is more Dwarfy to grow plump helmets, quarry bushes, etc. from the very earth itself! :)

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile

IMHO it is very Human to raise and kill animals for their meat; it is more Dwarfy to grow plump helmets, quarry bushes, etc. from the very earth itself! :)
Would you rather eat the fruit of a bush, or the tender meat of an animals pain and suffering?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would you rather eat the fruit of a bush, or the tender meat of an animals pain and suffering?

I'd rather brew a plump helmet man alive for booze.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff

A roast made of cow cheese, dwarven syrup,dwarven syrup, and dwarven syrup.

Mmm, triple sugar glazed cheese.

Lately my dwarves have been breeding tofurkeys, an experimental modded creature with plant-based tissues, and producing tofu roasts.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A plump helmet roast made with plump helmets, plump helmets, plump helmets and more plump helmets, all of varying cuts.

MMMMM, SO REDUNDANT

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my imagination, Rock Nuts are actual edible stones. I can't think of anything more delicious for a Dwarf! :)

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To avoid seeing another roast with dog intestines, partly because they are only stacked 1-2 and therefore bad ingredients, and partly because I donīt want my dwarves eating stuff like that, Iīve taken to selling everything I get from butchering except the meat to the elfs and dwarves. It doesnīt amount to much money, but I think itīs fun to imagine dumping a ton of offal on the elves.
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham
Pages: [1] 2 3