Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: Mosaic Europe - A map game (Round 3)  (Read 36709 times)

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Mosaic Europe - A map game (Round 1)
« Reply #225 on: July 13, 2011, 08:17:03 pm »

But who throws the dice? If it's ourselves, it's unreliable like hell and if it is Svarte, turns will take more than one eternity during wars.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 13, 2011, 08:19:15 pm »

For naval invasions though, I think that you should lose a certain number of dice. Perhaps a quarter of those rolled.

Invisible Castle. Ourselves.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/

Also, the honor system indicates that you must use the same name each time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 13, 2011, 08:22:33 pm »

You know, back in my day (AKA a few days ago) players believed others' rolls and didn't ask questions. I would never make up rolls.

But, if you guys insist, yeah that seems like a good program.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 13, 2011, 08:33:20 pm »

New Rule proposition: Horde/Nomad/Tribal factions can move provinces and their capital (I.E. slowly migrate across the map.).
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 13, 2011, 08:33:29 pm »

Doesn't stop you from rolling multiple times, oh well, I guess everyone here is honorable enough to not do that.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 13, 2011, 08:34:46 pm »

New Rule proposition: Horde/Nomad/Tribal factions can move provinces and their capital.
Not unless stationary factions have a bonus or hordes/nomads/tribals have penalties.

Doesn't stop you from rolling multiple times, oh well, I guess everyone here is honorable enough to not do that.
I know I'm honorable enough. Because seriously, if you do that, then you're pretty damn low.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 13, 2011, 08:36:39 pm »

The drawback could be, only 5 provinces can be moved and no provinces may be colonized for that turn. Or is that to harsh/lenient.

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 13, 2011, 08:36:56 pm »

New Rule proposition: Horde/Nomad/Tribal factions can move provinces and their capital.
Not unless stationary factions have a bonus or hordes/nomads/tribals have penalties.

Oh god that will make the game a lot more complex I say we play it as it is for now. Perhaps we could implement that next round.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 13, 2011, 08:38:59 pm »

Oh god that will make the game a lot more complex I say we play it as it is for now. Perhaps we could implement that next round.

It's not that complex I don't think. Just white out a province and color in another. has to be adjacent to your land of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 13, 2011, 08:39:22 pm »

The drawback could be, only 5 provinces can be moved and no provinces may be colonized for that turn. Or is that to harsh/lenient.
Sounds alright.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 13, 2011, 08:46:59 pm »

Sounds alright.

Eh, If you migrate you can take 5 provinces, it's gonna take a while to grow as it is.

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 13, 2011, 08:47:18 pm »

It's not that complex I don't think. Just white out a province and color in another. has to be adjacent to your land of course.

Well the idea itself is not, but by adding that shouldn't all other government types get bonuses/drawbacks too?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 13, 2011, 08:48:15 pm »

Geh, can we just get to the next turn?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 13, 2011, 08:48:41 pm »

Well the idea itself is not, but by adding that shouldn't all other government types get bonuses/drawbacks too?

Do you have any suggestions?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 13, 2011, 08:51:14 pm »

No. Lets just move on before this gets an more complex.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37