Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Chocolate is for wimps (Vanilla Role Play Fort)  (Read 2355 times)

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
Re: Chocolate is for wimps (Vanilla Role Play Fort)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 07:02:59 am »

Dwarf kind had spread across the world.. Even the goblins had been pushed back into small crevices.
There was hardly a need to produce weapons anymore, for anyone save caravan guards, though, dwarves being dwarves, we made them anyway. Oh yes, thousands upon thousands, we didnt even NEED that legendary adamantine that nobody seemed to get, though we wanted it.. Oh yes.. We wanted it!

Of course there wasn't enough BOOZE but then, when is there?
Anywho, those parts arn't important for the epoch I shall be telling you about today, my children, the important part begins with a small group of traders, The Future Torch, and their journey through the treacherous lands of Earthbitten, so as to trade the goods created by the great Sculpted Fence with the other nations.
Of course, as in all journeys, it did not go to plan. As they were going along, the driver fell asleep, and the wagon crashed straight into a boulder!
As the dwarves all roused themselves from their drunken stupor.. They realised they were not where they wanted to be, infact this was the LAST place they wanted to be.
Stumbling about in confusion, with no leader and no plan would certainly not work in a place like this, no they needed direction.
Especially since the wolves Garrett, the ever eagre crossbowman noticed were not wolves at all.. But a pack of drooling.. Rotting.. Evil Zombie Wolves! Oh my!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Okay guys, what orders will you give?! So far only Peregarrett has told me anything, though nothing that -really- relates to what is currently going on, unless you want him to go hunt zombie wolves..
Also, with permission, I'd like to give 1 or two orders (just for the beginning, ie now!!) that your guys didnt make themselves, so as not to be pwned by zombie wolves within 1/2 of a second of hitting *unpause*
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 07:04:03 am »

Garrett - Full leather armor Crossbow, quiver, bolts. (if it is not all affordable, I'll be getting the weapon stuff first.)
IIRC, hunter dwarfs get crossbows, bolts and quivers on embark by default. Wiki says they get leather equip also.

EDIT: Zombie wolves? They are wolves anyway! Go hunting! At least we'll get bones.
But if necessary, put me into militia for now and order to defend burrow around our camp.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:08:30 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 07:23:45 am »

Do whatever is neccessary to escape the zombie wolves. After that, begin digging out a cave as quickly as possible, and move all supplies not near zombies to safety.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 07:32:26 am »

Noodle as a mason.

1. Build a mason's workshop.
2. Build 2 doors/hatches (depending on which one is more suitable for the fort entrance)
3. Attach said doors/hatches to entrance of fort
4. Do everything while watching peregarrett pwn the zombie wolves with his crossbow.
5. Start working on whatever else the fort needs.

If there is no stone to be found (eg. aquifer map), then just grab the nearest spare pick and start digging
If there is no pick, then just start running around in circles.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:34:10 am by noodle0117 »

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 07:36:50 am »

Ifeno - Militia Commander
Have him gear up (set him to maximum armor load).
He's going to take down any zombie wolves or other creatures that manage to be a disruption to our fort building process.  If a creature runs away he won't persue it.  He's simply "guarding" the area, until digging has a reached a point where we can actually use the fortress as a retreat.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 07:50:12 am »

Also, we need pictures!
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 08:11:18 am »

Also, we need pictures!

agreed!

finally...if you'd disband and reform my current 1 man squad until you get one with a bad ass name that'd be appreciated ;) (or is there a re-name feature?)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 09:37:36 am »

I'll take a dwarf.

First name: Udil
Description: n old dwarf who's lived through one too many sieges at the Mountainhome and wants to retire. A nice fort in the wilderness sounds nice. He'll haul light stuff and do other jobs that are neither strenuous nor dangerous, especially if they allow him to express himself. Is slightly senile, which is good or else he'd leave at the first siege.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 10:19:48 am »

I can't do much until the metal industry is started, so I'll let the other dwarves with more adapted jobs for the situation decide our actions.

It would be nice if you could post the thoughts and preferences of our dwarves.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 01:44:43 pm »

what's the status on this? =o

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 02:11:23 pm »

We're frightened by zombie wolves.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 02:20:52 pm »

am i fighting them yet? :D

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 03:13:40 pm »

Who knows...

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 05:33:47 pm »

>Oidip: Dig straight down. Create a large hall. Around the edge off the hall make future bedrooms. Make your own bedroom bigger. Then dig out some stock pile space to have things moved out of the main hall.
Join the new Hermit Succession

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 03:02:27 am »

This is moving on right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3