Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Chocolate is for wimps (Vanilla Role Play Fort)  (Read 2359 times)

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
Chocolate is for wimps (Vanilla Role Play Fort)
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:50:21 am »

Before any of you read this, just know I am not very good at dwarf fortress, so !!FUN!! will ensue.

So! I was playing around on my last fortress.. And found something heretical.. It would NOT die!!
Though, I had embarked upon an area where there were only other dwarves, so it was unfunnily (NEW WORD) easy. Any way, I found my self getting bored, and so started creating mini-stories about the dwarves when I came up with an idea!
What if the forumites all played the dwarves in my (new) fortress?!
So.. Here is the idea of it all.

Each forumite who joins gets to "own" a dwarf. Beside the basics like eating, drinking and sleeping, the dwarf will do NOTHING. ZILCH. Unless, the forumite gives instructions pertaining to it. You can also set conditions for "What if" scenarios.
For e.g. Stan25 has a dwarf, "Stanly"
He tells me via forum or pm, depending on his decision,
"Okay RabbidHare, I want my dwarf to make a stone table, then, produce stone blocks until your next post OR until the end of the season, which ever comes first.
If the fort comes under attack, I want to have my dwarf send a request to the guard captain, asking him to have a lock down, after which I'll run to my room and lock my self inside."

And so on. Also, it is called a roleplay fort for a reason, so, the whole point is to develop a story. What this means is that I will not be posting "There was a goblin siege, we pwned them and lostthe men XYZ"
No, I will be describing it, and trying to have input from the players, for example what they will be doing while the siege happens, and so on.

Okay then, onto the initial 7, you will get 150 points to spend on your dwarf each, you may distribute it between skills and items as you see fit. You do NOT have to spend it all. If you do leave some points, I will purchase things with it myself.

And Lastly! the embark, is there any specific place you guys would want to settle? Evil? Wild? glacier?
Remember, I am not very experienced, so making it dificult may screw us all to doom. BUT we can just re-claim then, innit? Anyway.. POST! Please?  :P
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chocolate is for wimps (Vanilla Role Play Fort)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:54:57 pm »

Name: Oidip.
Proficient Miner

1 Copper Pick
1 Copper Axe

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:57:48 pm by oidip »
Join the new Hermit Succession

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 01:24:53 pm »

Cool things :) any requests for embark?
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 02:11:22 pm »

I'll take a dwarf too : Cheveux - Weaponsmith all the way and any remaining points in Armorsmith.

Also, I think evil or wild sounds good.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:33:38 pm by Cheveux »

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 02:27:50 pm »

Okay so, so far
Cheveus -  Weaponsmith and any remaining points in Armorsmith
Oidip - Pending

And some hopes for an embark with nasties Goddit.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 03:35:42 pm »

I guess you will embark when you will have 4 more participants? (I assume you dorfed yourself)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 03:53:57 pm »

darn since the weapon smith position is taken i think ill be...

Ifeno - Militia Commander

Put everything into swords dwarf, split remainder equally between shield user and armor user.

...unless you dont mind an extra smith...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 03:56:00 pm »

by the way what about militia commanders, captains, and captain of the guard that technically have authority over other dwarves?  will we be able to give them commands which they then get to choose to follow or not follow?  It'd be kinda sweet if captains commanded their squads like that... (although difficult at times)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 03:58:07 pm »

I've added my points in.
Join the new Hermit Succession

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 12:52:11 am »

by the way what about militia commanders, captains, and captain of the guard that technically have authority over other dwarves?  will we be able to give them commands which they then get to choose to follow or not follow?  It'd be kinda sweet if captains commanded their squads like that... (although difficult at times)

Oh yeah man, i guess thats one point I forgot to put in, you see, player dwarves will be able to command the lesser npc's of the fortress, to an extent. So, say a player becomes the king, he would pretty much have full reign over the npc dwarves unless of course the people started to dislike him (Rp fort, remember)
And a squad leaders obviously control their squads. The commander could send out commands for the battlefield, and, depending on how the story is going, the npc's may or may not (more likely they will) do what the commander says. If a player is the squad leader, he/she chooses whether or not to follow commands.

Okay so, so far
Oidip - 1 copper pick 1 copper axe prof miner
Ifeno - Militia Commander swords dwarf, split shield and armor

I do NOT mind another smith, this is up to the players, not me. I'll just be a mediator sort of thing.

I guess you will embark when you will have 4 more participants? (I assume you dorfed yourself)

I am not playing a dwarf, but if I do not get enough dwarves in the next 12 hours, then I will be making the remaining dwarves into npc's.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 04:45:56 am »

I'd like a dwarf named Noodle who will act as the fort's Mason/Mechanic
At the very least competent (three points) into each, more if you have some extra embark points left over.

During his spare time, he will make doors, thrones, mechanisms, and whatever other basic hardware the fort needs.
Preferably keep him out of combat.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 05:16:33 am »

I'm taking a hunter/bonecarver Garrett. Give him leather armor (+boots, helm, gloves. Full leather equip), crossbow, quiver and a bunch of bolts.

When ran out of bolts or targets, he will carve bolts from bones. In case we don't have a butcher - he can also take this duty too. But once he notices a pray - "Fuck everything, I'm for some shooting!"
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 05:17:43 am »

Miner/diagnoser, 1 copper pick. Named Drasvadanya. He mines stuff.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 05:31:25 am »

We still need a farmer though.
Maybe make him as an NPC?

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 05:51:58 am »

Oidip - 1 copper pick 1 copper axe prof miner
Ifeno - Militia Commander swords dwarf, split shield and armor
Noodle - competent mason/mechanic more if possible.
Garrett - Full leather armor Crossbow, quiver, bolts. (if it is not all affordable, I'll be getting the weapon stuff first.)
Drasvadanya - Miner/Diagnoser 1 copper pick. His name pwns, and he pwns stones. Dude.

And yeah, I'll be making that final guy into an npc farmer. if anyone wants to play a farmer, they can play him though. Or they can claim from the immigrants. I'll be getting the first post up in a while guys.
Pages: [1] 2 3