Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 8: Pirate commits suicide, Scum wins  (Read 19660 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 8, Day 1: Thar be no treasure!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:28 pm »

kilakan: how long have you been playing mafia?
Been playing real life mafia for a number of years now with co-workers and university buddies.  Been playing internet mafia for, oh two weeks now?

Native Foreigner-When playing mafia would you describe yourself as an aggressive player?

It really depends on my mood and how into the game I am.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 01:16:03 pm »

Pandarsenic:I've heard of you before, but never read anything about you, how would you describe your general play-style?

Erratic. When tired, I speak nonsense. When reasonably awake, I speak coherently. When I'm not ridiculously busy, at which points at I don't speak at all because I don't have time to visit the forum.

Anything beyond that, as self-identified meta knowledge, would help you little, if at all.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 03:50:01 pm »

Max White:If you were scum, how would you act to best ensure your victory?
Well I guess I would need to be just slightly aggressive here. The ultimate goal of the scum today is to give two townies tunnel vision, so one vengekills the other, and the best way to do that is to push somebody until another player starts to follow, but not in a way that draws attention to ones self.

So, kilakan, how do you intend to play this game?
I feel I have a better town game. Yar. Same question to you.
I'm much better as scum. Scum hunting becomes easier when you just need to find a few reasons to nail onto somebody, than when you need to be right.

Jack AT: Another person I only partly recall, were you in the last third party? I can't recall. Anyway! What do you think of the people in this game, will you be do well against them?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2011, 03:58:31 pm »

So, kilakan, how do you intend to play this game?
Well I'm seriously working on my aggressiveness since I kind of made 2 people quit, and ended up killing the town while missing the scum last time.

Max White-So you are saying the tactic you used last game is the same principal you would use this game?  That in your opinion the different modes don't change the way the scum would work?
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2011, 04:03:59 pm »

What? The tactic I had last game was to tie my partner to another player, so everybody had it in their minds they were the same alignment. If they lynched my partner then I got to lynch the other guy, and if they lynched the other guy then my partner looked innocent.
Not the same as trying to give two players tunnel vision against each other.

Were almost in lylo here, the only thing stopping it from being lylo is the fact that we get a vengekill, and that could end us if used against another townie, so it is a strong position for scum. I think that is enough to change their dynamic.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2011, 06:02:46 pm »

What? The tactic I had last game was to tie my partner to another player, so everybody had it in their minds they were the same alignment. If they lynched my partner then I got to lynch the other guy, and if they lynched the other guy then my partner looked innocent.
Not the same as trying to give two players tunnel vision against each other.

Were almost in lylo here, the only thing stopping it from being lylo is the fact that we get a vengekill, and that could end us if used against another townie, so it is a strong position for scum. I think that is enough to change their dynamic.
uhhuh I thought your last tactic was to make two people focus each other so much that they missed other people, my confusion then.
Nom nom nom

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2011, 07:34:22 pm »

Jack, are you appropriately scared that I am posting while tired?

I'm somewhat scared, due to Vengeful 6.  Tired posting made it much easier for the scum to get you lynched.

Jack AT: Another person I only partly recall, were you in the last third party? I can't recall. Anyway! What do you think of the people in this game, will you be do well against them?
I was not in the last third party.  In fact, I don't think I've ever been in a game with you.

What I think of the people in this game:
*Pandarsenic: I know he's experienced at vengeful, but he has a habit of getting lynched or vengekilled on the first day.  I played Vengeful 6 with him.  I'm not sure if I be do well against him as an opponent.
*NativeForeigner: Another Vengeful 6 player.  Faced him as an opponent in Vengeful 6, and I won.  However, my victory was a very, very slim victory.  Granted, I was new and inexperienced back then, but still.  Native, when scum, is, in my eyes, a rather big threat.
*Kilakan: I've been watching the recent BMs, and Kilakan seems to be a very aggressive player, but he could really use some more practice.  Having never played with him, I'm not really sure how well I be do against him, but I think I would be do well.
*Max White: Again, not sure whether I would be do well against you.  You seem to be a solid player overall, but I've only watched your actions in the BMs.

Pandarsenic: What have you learned from past Vengeful Mafia games?  Specifically, 6 and 7?
Max White: How will the existence of the vengekill effect your plans for the game?
Kilakan: Who do you think we are more likely to lynch today: the godfather, or the other mafioso?  Why?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2011, 07:51:01 pm »

Kilakan: Who do you think we are more likely to lynch today: the godfather, or the other mafioso?  Why?
Hum It would depend on what player is which, but for a generalized guess I would have to say that we would be more likely to get the mafioso, simply because the godfather would be more valuable to the scum.

Nom nom nom

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 12:50:43 am »

Pandarsenic: What have you learned from past Vengeful Mafia games?  Specifically, 6 and 7?

I always die Day 1, either by Lynch or by Vengekill.
Townies are 95% retarded in this gametype, myself not always excluded.
The scum can get away with fucking anything if people tunnel too heavily.
If I strongly feel someone is scum and the town doesn't listen, rule 2 is being invoked.

Max, you really feel playing people against each other like that WOULDN'T be transparent?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 04:19:52 am »

*Max White: Again, not sure whether I would be do well against you.  You seem to be a solid player overall, but I've only watched your actions in the BMs.
Ooh, I have been upgraded from insane dolt to solid! I like this guy! Don't think that sucking up with nice words means I won't be willing to lynch you.

Max White: How will the existence of the vengekill effect your plans for the game?
Simple really. MUST NOT TUNNELVISION!!!! If I tunnel somebody, and they are town, they are more likely to vengekill me and it is game over, if I get lynched and are obsessed with another player, and they turn out to be town, it is all over.

Max, you really feel playing people against each other like that WOULDN'T be transparent?
I will let Panda answer that one.
Townies are 95% retarded in this gametype, myself not always excluded.
The scum can get away with fucking anything if people tunnel too heavily.

kilakan: What have you learnt about the players so far. It might be too early for their alignments, but what about the players themselves?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 08:13:21 am »

kilakan: What have you learnt about the players so far. It might be too early for their alignments, but what about the players themselves?
Well:
Native Foreigner-He seems reserved, and particularly apt to give short answers.  I have to say, he seems pretty quiet so far, no real opinion.
Jack A T-I get the feeling from him that he is keeping lists on each player, and I can't help think that he's mocking you with his previous answer.  In the question you asked "will you be do well against them?"  He then used the line 'be do well' three times, and it's something that doesn't make any grammatical sense, at least to me.
Max White-I don't really know what to think about you, so far my attempts to read you have failed in previous games.  Your answers and questions at the moment, they just seem to have been written faster then I've come to think of as normal for you.
Pandersenic:I really have no idea, as he himself said, so far he seems erratic to me.
Nom nom nom

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 09:51:09 am »

Jack A T-I get the feeling from him that he is keeping lists on each player
Shouldn't we all?

and I can't help think that he's mocking you with his previous answer.  In the question you asked "will you be do well against them?"  He then used the line 'be do well' three times, and it's something that doesn't make any grammatical sense, at least to me.
I was wondering if someone would notice that.  Yes, I'm somewhat snarky once in a while.  I just couldn't resist.

Answers given to my questions so far have been acceptable.  I will ask more questions and do more analysis and such when I get back from Vancouver.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 10:07:44 am »

Jack A T-I get the feeling from him that he is keeping lists on each player
Shouldn't we all?
Well Yes, I am actually.
and I can't help think that he's mocking you with his previous answer.  In the question you asked "will you be do well against them?"  He then used the line 'be do well' three times, and it's something that doesn't make any grammatical sense, at least to me.
I was wondering if someone would notice that.  Yes, I'm somewhat snarky once in a while.  I just couldn't resist.

Answers given to my questions so far have been acceptable.  I will ask more questions and do more analysis and such when I get back from Vancouver.
[/quote]
good to know I wasn't crazy.
Nom nom nom

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 11:26:09 am »

Kilakan, Max: Do you think maybe you two could link me to a few past games of yours? Preferably one where you were town and one where you were scum. The more the merrier.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 11:41:25 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88758.0
Max Scum, Me Town, game didn't finish a bunch of people dropped out
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87209.0
Both of us town, I lost my computer on the last day and got lynched thanks to not being able to defend myself (fucking girl friends)
Kilakan, Max: Do you think maybe you two could link me to a few past games of yours? Preferably one where you were town and one where you were scum. The more the merrier.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9