Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489566 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

1.0 has some weird glitches.
The other day my rockets would start flying around on the screen as if it was some hyperactive fish on crack.  I could change the throttle, and the engines would light up, but it would do nothing to change the velocity. Even exiting the game wouldn't fix it.  Thankfully the patch was out, and despite there being nothing related to my bug in the patch notes it was fixed.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I feel weird, because I've been playing 1.0.2 pretty consistently since its release and haven't had any of the bugs anyone else has. Though I have been somewhat proactive with controlling my timewarp because I remember the older versions having fun glitches like warping through or into planets before the game can slow down to real time.
Nothing important here, move along.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't had that happen to me, but I also haven't had any ships come back from the mun or minmus since upgrading to 1.0.2. I have a ship from 1.0 on the way to minmus, but it's taking weeks to get there, and I'm running the rest of the space program while it does so. I only just succeeded last night in finally making a post-1.0 ship that can reach the mun, enter orbit, drop a probe on the mun, and have enough delta v to make it back to kerbin afterwards.

I burned most of the several thousand deltav on the probe landing it. I was probably doing it wrong.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm mainly futzing around as I wait for stable builds of TACLS and RT.  They're both playable now, but could use a little work.

Also, I borked my chance at "explore" contacts for mun and minmus (can't get it back woth alt-f12 either), so want to restart for those.  I find that doing the "explore" jobs in order is a great experience with those two mods.

I noticed there are mini-tour contracts now, like flyby of all 3 bodies in the kerbin system.  that's pretty cool, another good use of RT and/or TACLS.  can't wait to graduate to actual Grand Tour missions.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

Some people build spacecraft in KSP, but some guy from the Russian KSP fan group at VK.com decided to build a Titanic replica.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does it float? :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Without a keel or anything below the waterline?  probably not well. 

Add that along with a conveyance to get it to the water, and it will really shine.

In a similar vein, id like to see a stock parts space-x landing barge.  I think I could make one, but less certain that I could execute a stage recovery on one.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

I noticed there are mini-tour contracts now, like flyby of all 3 bodies in the kerbin system.  that's pretty cool, another good use of RT and/or TACLS.  can't wait to graduate to actual Grand Tour missions.
Yeah, those are great, except every one I've gotten so far is "Fly by Minmus, Mun and A MOTHERFUCKING PLANET"
One of these things is not like the others...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Add that along with a conveyance to get it to the water, and it will really shine.

HyperEdit :P

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

That's nice but the titanic was 52,000 tons, nothing tweakscale couldn't fix I imagine.
Speaking of crash bugs, I've had frequent crashes in 1.0 while attempting to get into orbit with cans-o-boom and explosive staging, It may have something to do with having thermal debug stuff turned on.
I also had an instance of infiniti-glide after a rocket exploded, and a space kracken eating the universe.
Also numerous other crashes from running out of ram before I decided which lag inducing mods I could live without.
Many of my mods weren't updated to 1.0.2 so at the moment I'm now running a god-forsaken Frankenstein's monster of 1.0 with various 1.0.2 mods shoved into it with their .version file hacked to 1.0, while also having the updated squad parts, physics config, and parts database config of 1.0.2 crammed into the 1.0 folder. Somehow it appears stable except for a warning at boot about firespitter and tweakscale being out of date, no crashes so far.
I'm quite surprised it works actually since squad added some new physics between 1.0 and 1.0.2 and I assumed the new part file or configs would cause a crash due to the presence of unknown values.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Be aware, in 1.0.2 the heat bars cause a massive memory leak that will cause KSP to crash. They will appear automatically once a part sufficiently heats up, unless turned off (with F10, IIRC).
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finished the first SSTO in my career game, and I'm pretty proud of it. It can carry 6 kerbals, dock with my station in LKO, and has enough cargo space for a small probe all for only 53k Kerbucks, >95% of which can be recovered. It's definitely my most capable spaceplane to date.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Finished the first SSTO in my career game, and I'm pretty proud of it. It can carry 6 kerbals, dock with my station in LKO, and has enough cargo space for a small probe all for only 53k Kerbucks, >95% of which can be recovered. It's definitely my most capable spaceplane to date.
Would you mind sharing the craft file? I'd like to take a look.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I think there are too many unlockable in game when compared to how many progression paths you actually have.

I.e. Upgrading vab and launchpad separatedly doesn't really give alternatives to progression, they unlock the same thing combined. Same with sph and airfield. Same with bigger part and part limits.
All those are fake choices and feel redundant.

At this point better to tie mk1/2/3 rocket part to vab level, mk1/2/3 plane part to sph level, part launch limits to launchpad/airfields, and repurpose research. Or allow individual part research only after relevant pad level is unlocked. Or anything, but not three keys to unlock a single door at a time like now.

Right now research is just grind but without interesting choices

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would you mind sharing the craft file? I'd like to take a look.

Sure, here: http://www.filedropper.com/ssto-1whiteraven

Action groups are: 1 to toggle turbojets and intakes, 2 to toggle aerospikes. You need to stage the turbojets initially.

To fly it you need to climb to 10km then level out while the turbojets get the speed up, maybe do a burst with the rockets because the thrust from the jets gets better as you go faster. Once it reaches 1000 m/s it should be ready for ascent into orbit. It briefly loses stability as the rockets burn through their first tank so turn on RCS. Oh, and it tends to burn fuel from its payload so you need to disable crossfeed.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 848